Moving from Blackberry 10 to iPhone 5s

BBGary

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
Hello all,
I am exploring strategic alternative, as BBRY themselves, and for now the most realistic option is to move to iPhone.
For me the most important issue will be moving notes from BBRY Remember app to notes on 5s. The issue is that Blackberry Link does not backup to any readable format and there is no option to sync them with box either.
Please help as if i find the solution to "notes export" problem i will be one happy iphone owner.
Thanks in advance.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I doubt there is a specific app to do this, especially since the formatting in both cases is very specific. One easy method you could do though is send the stuff to a drive like DropBox or the like, and then save them to the iPhone (or even copy paste them into the notes app).

BBGary

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for reply, but it is not doable even with a leaked new OS on BBRY. However, my question now is if i synchronize notes on BB with Exchange account, will i be able to move those notes to notes app on iphone?
Once again excuse for my stupid(possibly) questions as i am new here.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I believe iOS 7's support of exchange is limited to calendar events, email and contacts...you'd have to ask someone with more experience because I don't use this feature at all.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
If the Exchange Account supports IMAP - try creating a second account on your iDevice to that Account/service with IMAP and sync Notes only on that account.

BBGary

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
My work Exchange account allows the syncing of Notes. I turned it on in the settings on my iPhone and then used outlook on a PC to add a note. It did sync correctly in both directions.

Thanks for the info. Will try it tonight - i'm getting 5s 32GB black today.

greggov

Aug 25, 2008
Visit site
Hello all,
I am exploring strategic alternative, as BBRY themselves, and for now the most realistic option is to move to iPhone.
For me the most important issue will be moving notes from BBRY Remember app to notes on 5s. The issue is that Blackberry Link does not backup to any readable format and there is no option to sync them with box either.
Please help as if i find the solution to "notes export" problem i will be one happy iphone owner.
Thanks in advance.

I'm also a BlackBerry 10 to iPhone 5s convert. Remember syncs with Evernote. If your Remember notes are local you can file them into an Evernote folder so that they'll sync with the cloud. Install Evernote onto the iPhone and voila, all your notes. The upside is that the full Evernote app for iOS is leagues better than that on BlackBerry 10. If you don't like Evernote I believe if you install the desktop client you can export your notes into other formats for import somewhere else.

While I'm very glad I made the switch to iOS (OMG SO MANY APPS), I do miss my Z10 every now and then. It was a pretty sweet device, just the lack of apps and parts of the OS holding it back. Now I just need BBM back on iOS and I'll be a happy camper.

lui22

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
Wow haha well um I guess it was answered with Evernote. I personally don't think I'll ever make the full switch into and other os than BB10. That being said I have used almost every iteration of iPhone iPod touch and iPad and There's nothing like apple. But something about it never really does it for me that bb10 does I just don't know what.

BBGary

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
I'm also a BlackBerry 10 to iPhone 5s convert. Remember syncs with Evernote. If your Remember notes are local you can file them into an Evernote folder so that they'll sync with the cloud. Install Evernote onto the iPhone and voila, all your notes. The upside is that the full Evernote app for iOS is leagues better than that on BlackBerry 10. If you don't like Evernote I believe if you install the desktop client you can export your notes into other formats for import somewhere else.

While I'm very glad I made the switch to iOS (OMG SO MANY APPS), I do miss my Z10 every now and then. It was a pretty sweet device, just the lack of apps and parts of the OS holding it back. Now I just need BBM back on iOS and I'll be a happy camper.

Thanks for the answer. I'm still using both. Just as you are, I'm waiting on BBM for iOS.
I am on latest official OS on my Z10 and Evernote does not want to log in.
By the way, got the 32GB 5S yesterday - it's a really nice phone with good build quality.

BBGary

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
Wow haha well um I guess it was answered with Evernote. I personally don't think I'll ever make the full switch into and other os than BB10. That being said I have used almost every iteration of iPhone iPod touch and iPad and There's nothing like apple. But something about it never really does it for me that bb10 does I just don't know what.

I do use both devices, the keyboard on Z10 is superb. Isn't it weird to talk like this on this site and not on CB?

BBGary

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site

I guess, i'm just a "phone junkie" so for me it is both platforms. To get 5S i traded in my 4S

BBGary

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site

What's the OS version on your BB10 device?

o4liberty

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
Hello all,
Thanks in advance.

I have both the Q10 and the 5 s and the main difference is the apps IMO.

M.Rizk

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
I have a Z30 and soon getting the 5S too. When I had the Bold 9900 and 4S I used to sync using Evernote. It is really a great app.

But as an advice. If you have a Mac do not use the Mac/iPhone notes or it will keep creating duplicate notes which is so annoying.

Sent from my iPad Mini using iMore Forums mobile app

BBGary

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
I have a Z30 and soon getting the 5S too. When I had the Bold 9900 and 4S I used to sync using Evernote. It is really a great app.

But as an advice. If you have a Mac do not use the Mac/iPhone notes or it will keep creating duplicate notes which is so annoying.

Sent from my iPad Mini using iMore Forums mobile app

Thanks for advise, but still don't have Mac, planning though...

lui22

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for advise, but still don't have Mac, planning though...

I have a Mac three iPhones and iPod touch a PlayBook two blackberrys an Xbox and a PS3 I tend to not be biased on the platforms I use but I have my favorite gadget for my favorite activity

It feels strange defending BB10 on a different forum haha

BBGary

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
I have a Mac three iPhones and iPod touch a PlayBook two blackberrys an Xbox and a PS3 I tend to not be biased on the platforms I use but I have my favorite gadget for my favorite activity

It feels strange defending BB10 on a different forum haha
Kind of exploring possibilities, don't think will move completely from BB10. Will change devices from time to time

lui22

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
Kind of exploring possibilities, don't think will move completely from BB10. Will change devices from time to time

Yeah we'll actually that's how I've been the past few years. Up until now I lent my mum my iPhone 4 and the 4s I'm using isn't unlocked from sprint I can't use iOS as a phone. My Q10 has been with me like a little Swedish army knife. And my original iPhone is chugging along its ok ios2 so it's a Wee bit faster

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711