So While @ Work I Popped Into My Local Best Buy Right Before They Closed & Found They Had 1 32g Silver 5S... They Also Had 1 32g Gold On Hold But Could Release It To Me Wed. Morn At 1000 If That Person Doesn't Claim It @ That time...

My Struggle Is Should I Grab The Silver In The Morn Or Gamble For The Gold Wed. Morn?!?!?

Ps... I Also Ordered The Gold From Apple But Won't Get It To Nov. 1.... I Figured I'd Cancelled If I Got Lucky...

Sent From The State Of Ohio...
    10-15-2013 12:35 AM
    Wait.
    10-15-2013 12:44 AM
    If you've already ordered the gold one then that must mean you want that colour. I'd wait for Wednesday and see if the gold becomes available. If not, you've still got a gold one coming to you in a couple of weeks.
    10-15-2013 12:44 AM
    If The Gold Comes Available Wed. Will I Be Ok To Get It Even Though VZW Recognizes Me As Ordering One From Apple W/My Upgrade?!?!? Obviously I Would Cancel After The Fact... Just Don't Wanna Look Like A Tool @ BB Trying To Use My Upgrade...

10-15-2013 12:50 AM
    If The Gold Comes Available Wed. Will I Be Ok To Get It Even Though VZW Recognizes Me As Ordering One From Apple W/My Upgrade?!?!? Obviously I Would Cancel After The Fact... Just Don't Wanna Look Like A Tool @ BB Trying To Use My Upgrade...

Guess you have to see if it will work like that...my guess, is, since you've processed an order for a contract priced phone, it probably won't, because if you proceed with the purchase at Best Buy, and then also accept the charges for the ordered phone from Apple, you'd essentially be getting two contract priced phones when you should only be able to receive one. It's going to foul up on one end or the other...my guess is, Best Buy's network check with Verizon isn't going to allow it to give you the discounted price.
    10-15-2013 12:54 AM
    Guess you have to see if it will work like that...my guess, is, since you've processed an order for a contract priced phone, it probably won't, because if you proceed with the purchase at Best Buy, and then also accept the charges for the ordered phone from Apple, you'd essentially be getting two contract priced phones when you should only be able to receive one. It's going to foul up on one end or the other...my guess is, Best Buy's network check with Verizon isn't going to allow it to give you the discounted price.
    Good Point... I Just Know Apple Hasn't Charged My Credit Card Yet & Was Hoping This Allowed Me To Sneak One At The Store Before It Switched To "Preparing Shipment"

Look Like Nov. 1 Is Gonna Be A Continued Journey...

10-15-2013 12:59 AM
    Good Point... I Just Know Apple Hasn't Charged My Credit Card Yet & Was Hoping This Allowed Me To Sneak One At The Store Before It Switched To "Preparing Shipment"

Look Like Nov. 1 Is Gonna Be A Continued Journey...

Worst they can say is no. I'd still try if you're really anxious to get the 5S. Explain to them the situation, and perhaps there is a work around they know of.
    10-15-2013 01:03 AM
    What about going in there and if the have the phone canceling the order with Apple that would release the upgrade. Not sure how long it takes maybe you could call and ask
    10-15-2013 01:05 AM
    Worst they can say is no. I'd still try if you're really anxious to get the 5S. Explain to them the situation, and perhaps there is a work around they know of.
    Cool... Thanks...

10-15-2013 01:05 AM
    You will still get your upgrade price up until you activate the phone at time of purchase/shipment. I was afraid of this too, when I ordered my 5s from Best Buy for in store pickup, they charged my card, but then sold my phone to somebody else. Even though it was still on order at Best Buy, I was able to get my upgrade price at the Apple store. So I made my purchase at the Apple store then cancelled my order from Best Buy.
    10-15-2013 02:16 AM
    You will still get your upgrade price up until you activate the phone at time of purchase/shipment. I was afraid of this too, when I ordered my 5s from Best Buy for in store pickup, they charged my card, but then sold my phone to somebody else. Even though it was still on order at Best Buy, I was able to get my upgrade price at the Apple store. So I made my purchase at the Apple store then cancelled my order from Best Buy.
    Perfect ๐Ÿ‘ Thanks For The Info...

10-15-2013 02:55 AM
    WAIT!

lol.

Also, capitalizing every word hurts my eyes
    solitude1984 and Rocket_Girl like this.
    10-15-2013 08:02 AM
    Gold is the best my friend! You can always to the back of apple store n they give you good deals! Jk

Wait cuz gold is pimpness.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    10-15-2013 08:25 AM
    I think this must depend on carrier or where you ordered. I ordered my iPhones through apple and according to AT&T my upgrades have been used since I placed that order and I don't have upgrade pricing available anymore. If I decide to cancel the order it can take 24hrs for my upgrade to reappear. I think when you're ordering through best buy that they are pretty much pulling a phone from their shipment and marking it for you but it's not an officially processed order until you come in and go through the actual motions of upgrading.

I've opted to wait for my order to be filled but I've been tempted to cancel and just chance it. If not for the fact that I'm on a family plan that requires my mother be present for me to purchase at apple I would have canceled and taken my chances checking stores.

On Order: 64gb GOLD 5s AT&T
    Ordered: 11:04 am est 9/20
    Order Status: processing...est shipping Oct 24-28 delivery by Nov 1
    Mental Status: questionable...the longer I wait the more crazed I become about checking my order status.
    10-15-2013 01:56 PM
    I don't think this is accurate at all. There's too much "grey area" to allow such, and carriers have their upgrade system fairly streamlined and locked down.
    10-15-2013 02:03 PM
    I'll Just Give It A Try & Let U Guys Know What Happen... To Be Continued...

10-15-2013 02:50 PM
    So While @ Work I Popped Into My Local Best Buy Right Before They Closed & Found They Had 1 32g Silver 5S... They Also Had 1 32g Gold On Hold But Could Release It To Me Wed. Morn At 1000 If That Person Doesn't Claim It @ That time...

My Struggle Is Should I Grab The Silver In The Morn Or Gamble For The Gold Wed. Morn?!?!?

Ps... I Also Ordered The Gold From Apple But Won't Get It To Nov. 1.... I Figured I'd Cancelled If I Got Lucky...

Get what you can, man.
    10-15-2013 02:50 PM
    Get what you can, man.
    I disagree. It's gold or nothing!

I did a pick up at apple store and 2 days or less later, target called me to tell me that they have a gold 16gb for me.

Sent from my gold 5s using Tapatalk HD
    10-15-2013 03:00 PM
    Since you've already ordered a gold one. I'd wait until Wednesday morning.
    10-15-2013 03:48 PM
    I don't think this is accurate at all. There's too much "grey area" to allow such, and carriers have their upgrade system fairly streamlined and locked down.
    I'm just speaking from my own experience. I went through the whole process of buying/upgrading through Best Buy's website. I entered in all my AT&T info and they charged my credit card for it. Since I didn't get the phone, I went to Apple and got the phone from them, then cancelled my order with Best Buy. The guy at the Apple Store was the one who explained to me that since Best Buy never activated the phone, that meant my upgrade was still eligible.
    10-15-2013 10:54 PM
    I'm just speaking from my own experience. I went through the whole process of buying/upgrading through Best Buy's website. I entered in all my AT&T info and they charged my credit card for it. Since I didn't get the phone, I went to Apple and got the phone from them, then cancelled my order with Best Buy. The guy at the Apple Store was the one who explained to me that since Best Buy never activated the phone, that meant my upgrade was still eligible.
    Not trying to call you out on it, you can only report what happened in your case...but given the HUGE headache they would experience if this were allowed with people getting multiple devices under a contract discounted rate, by now there has to be some kind of safe guard in place, because I know when a phone is actually prepped for shipping, the internal SIM is linked to the account used to purchase the phone (but not fully activated). Again, not trying to call you a liar at all, you really have no reason to BS here, but I just can't see what was explained to you by that clerk being fully accurate, especially with a shipping date so close. Or maybe there's a difference between how Best Buy preps the phones when ordering them vs. how Apple does...who knows.

Best bet is to just try I guess.
    10-15-2013 11:02 PM
    Sean's advice is pretty much your best bet. Doesn't hurt to try. Don't cancel your order until it's a for sure that you can get it at BB on Wednesday. You're set on gold and you're not going to be content with the silver. Otherwise, you would have originally ordered the silver.

And what the hell with a Best Buy processing an order, charging your card, and selling that reserved phone?
    10-16-2013 02:26 AM
    Done! Showed Up @ BB & Bought The Gold 5S & Cancelled My Apple Order. The BB Guys Said They Were Getting A Lot Of Customers Doing That... Also... BB Had A Good Supply Of Golds The Rep Was Saying... So If Ur Looking For One Check Ur Local BB.... ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

& Now Proud Owner Of A Gold iPhone 5S 32gb, iPhone 4, iPad 3 32gb, iPad Mini LTE 32gb, Apple TV3 x2..... No Better Ecosystem... ๐Ÿ˜œ

P.s... & Waiting 4 A 32g i5S In Gold.... Becuz I'm Sassy... LoL
    10-16-2013 12:13 PM
    Done! Showed Up @ BB & Bought The Gold 5S & Cancelled My Apple Order. The BB Guys Said They Were Getting A Lot Of Customers Doing That... Also... BB Had A Good Supply Of Golds The Rep Was Saying... So If Ur Looking For One Check Ur Local BB.... ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

& Now Proud Owner Of A Gold iPhone 5S 32gb, iPhone 4, iPad 3 32gb, iPad Mini LTE 32gb, Apple TV3 x2..... No Better Ecosystem... ๐Ÿ˜œ

I followed your lead and went the in store route as well. It was a only a few minutes between when I canceled and when I had upgrade eligibility again and no call was required. I didn't have any luck finding them at best buy I ended up using that iphone checker site and doing in store pick up with apple.

Sent from my GOLD iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app
    10-19-2013 11:19 AM
    Done! Showed Up @ BB & Bought The Gold 5S & Cancelled My Apple Order. The BB Guys Said They Were Getting A Lot Of Customers Doing That... Also... BB Had A Good Supply Of Golds The Rep Was Saying... So If Ur Looking For One Check Ur Local BB....

& Now Proud Owner Of A Gold iPhone 5S 32gb, iPhone 4, iPad 3 32gb, iPad Mini LTE 32gb, Apple TV3 x2..... No Better Ecosystem...

I got my gold 1 from Best Buy too on launch day...CONGRATS!!!
    10-19-2013 12:54 PM
26 12