5s Strange happenings

bbueding

Jun 10, 2012
Visit site
I have had my Verizon space gray 64gb 5s for a week now and I have had a couple of strange things happen. When i unlock my phone on startup the home screen comes up but there seems to be a very slight jump in the screen. The next problems was today when I went to unlock the phone the screen turned blue and then some white and black lines appeared, then the apple logo popped up indicating the phone was re-starting. I hope I have explained these happening so it can be understood. Has anyone else had the same problems and what is the solution. Thanks

SaberSerene

Feb 7, 2009
Visit site
I have had my Verizon space gray 64gb 5s for a week now and I have had a couple of strange things happen. When i unlock my phone on startup the home screen comes up but there seems to be a very slight jump in the screen. The next problems was today when I went to unlock the phone the screen turned blue and then some white and black lines appeared, then the apple logo popped up indicating the phone was re-starting. I hope I have explained these happening so it can be understood. Has anyone else had the same problems and what is the solution. Thanks

iOS 7 is quite buggy. The blue screen of death it is called. A lot of people are experiencing that same issue. Did you have any apps in your tray when you unlocked the phone ?

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
iOS 7 is quite buggy. The blue screen of death it is called. A lot of people are experiencing that same issue. Did you have any apps in your tray when you unlocked the phone ?

I disagree, for the most part, iOS 7 has been stable for the most part. The last 2 updates have fixed what little issues there were upon its final release.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I have had my Verizon space gray 64gb 5s for a week now and I have had a couple of strange things happen. When i unlock my phone on startup the home screen comes up but there seems to be a very slight jump in the screen.

I've not had this happen since turning the Parallax feature off in the settings menu. Try this and see if it stops for you. I believe this problem is related to the iPhone 5S with this feature as my iPhone 5 didn't have this even though it was running iOS 7 too.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
This person has started 17 threads on iMore and has never responded once after a thread was started. I start to look at this thread and it reads just like a person who would come to a site, look at the main threads that already exist, and then make another one highlighting some of the "issues" described already (only missing a few details, as the blue screen of death is never happening to people just randomly when unlocking the phone).

I dunno...seems strange. I'd like to think people come here for assistance and to discuss things like this legitimately, but when someone starts that many threads, without a single reply in any of them, just kind of stands out like a sore thumb.

Anyways, sorry for getting off topic...just bugged me is all.

evorc

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
This person has started 17 threads on iMore and has never responded once after a thread was started. I start to look at this thread and it reads just like a person who would come to a site, look at the main threads that already exist, and then make another one highlighting some of the "issues" described already (only missing a few details, as the blue screen of death is never happening to people just randomly when unlocking the phone).

I dunno...seems strange. I'd like to think people come here for assistance and to discuss things like this legitimately, but when someone starts that many threads, without a single reply in any of them, just kind of stands out like a sore thumb.

Anyways, sorry for getting off topic...just bugged me is all.

Now that you mentioned, I thought I saw the same similar thread last night. The hell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

evorc

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
So I assume you are on 7.0.2? Did you set up as new?

It doesn't matter 7.0 has been stable IMO. I tested ios 7 since beta 1 all the way to final build. It's a solid release considering they did this within a year with this much changes. I understand the development process and it's amazing what they have done.

SaberSerene

Feb 7, 2009
Visit site
It doesn't matter 7.0 has been stable IMO. I tested ios 7 since beta 1 all the way to final build. It's a solid release considering they did this within a year with this much changes. I understand the development process and it's amazing what they have done.

Easy. I replied to Sean man. And I have been testing out 7 to. It's been buggy through the summer and now.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
So I assume you are on 7.0.2? Did you set up as new?

Yup. Nope.

There's zero reason to refrain from updating to 7.0.2...none. But I wasn't having buggy performance on my iPhone 5 either on the first release of iOS 7, or when my 5S was running it out of the box.

None of the official release versions of iOS 7 have been buggy at all for me. And reading through the official Apple forums, it doesn't seem buggy at all, nothing significantly worse than any other new OS release, and this one had A LOT of change in it. All in all, I'd say it's gone extremely smooth and well so far.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Ah I see. Like I said I'll wait until 7.1

Makes no sense what so ever, but do as you like...it's your phone. Do us a favor though, quit complaining about buggy performance if you're not even going to bother updating firmware in the effort that it might fix some of the buggy performance your specific iPhone is having.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR