Space Grey nicks & scuffs

alizansari

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
I am sorry if this topic has already been discussed here before..but how is the anodized aluminum of the new "Space Grey" holding up? Any nicks or scuffs yet? I'm thinking of upgrading from my white iPhone 5 and I was wondering if people are facing the same scratches, fades or nicks as they did in iPhone 5 black.

Would love some picture of the Space Grey being used naked!

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
The consensus from what I've read online, and especially here, is that the space gray isn't as vulnerable like the iPhone 5 slate is. I own the space gray and no scuffs yet from pretty heavy usage. My slate black 5 quickly got scuffs.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
This is GOOD to know, thanks for the post OP, and info on how the GOLD is holding up to wear and tear?

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I originally got the SpaceGray 5S on launch day before returning it for the Silver one. There were no nicks or scuffs on it at all. It was perfect right out of the box.

Schufly

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
I'm surprised at how well the finish is holding up on mine. Not that it gets to run around naked very often................

sj-performance

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
I too got the space grey at launch. Had it for a couple of days no case and no issues what so ever. I eventually exchanged it for a silver one.

...via iPhone5S from TapaTalk...

evorc

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
The main reason we have space gray now and not black/slate is the scuffing issue. So expect the space gray to not have this issue. Had mine for two weeks with ghost armor and no scratches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

nr2d

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
I didn't have any nicks or scuffs on my 5. I rigged up front and back protection as soon as I got the phone. When I bought my 5S the first thing I did when I took it out of the box at the Apple store was to put the case from my 5 on to my new 5S. As soon as I got home I put a screen protector on the screen. I learned my lesson about scuffs and scratches on my 1st iPhone which was the 3G.

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
The one I was using didn't even leave fingerprints like my slate 5. Its nicely brushed. They changed that just so it wouldn't scratch up like the slate.

plantemichel

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
I never had problem of scratches or dings on my 5 and neither my 5S in facts all my iPhones went on iskin cases. 😄

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk - now Free

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2