So I originally wasn't going to waste the money on a 5s, but after hearing the positive reviews I decided to say "yes" to the idea.
    That being said I think I might take my case and screen protector off the 5 and actually see how long it can last before it's a complete write off. Seems kind of wasteful I know, but I've always wondered if the screen protector case thing was overated

Sent from my iPhone 5
    10-14-2013 03:32 PM
    So I originally wasn't going to waste the money on a 5s, but after hearing the positive reviews I decided to say "yes" to the idea.
    That being said I think I might take my case and screen protector off the 5 and actually see how long it can last before it's a complete write off. Seems kind of wasteful I know, but I've always wondered if the screen protector case thing was overated

Sent from my iPhone 5
    Scratches build up, but they are very fine and hard to see. The 4S I bought I didn't bother with a screen protector. Upgraded to the 5s and I applied zagg. It's a nice phone and I'd like to protect the screen.
    10-14-2013 03:36 PM
    Scratches build up, but they are very fine and hard to see. The 4S I bought I didn't bother with a screen protector. Upgraded to the 5s and I applied zagg. It's a nice phone and I'd like to protect the screen.
    I will also apply a screen protector and buy a case for my 5s on the off chance something does happen to it, I just wanted to see how much the 5 will actually withstand

Sent from my iPhone 5
    10-14-2013 03:39 PM
    I will also apply a screen protector and buy a case for my 5s on the off chance something does happen to it, I just wanted to see how much the 5 will actually withstand

Sent from my iPhone 5
    I like to use a gorilla glass screen protector with a matching border... looks and feels completely natural as though the phone is nekked.
    10-14-2013 03:55 PM
    I have heard of the gorilla glass screen protectors, but have never been able to find them anywheres.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    10-15-2013 06:35 AM
    I have heard of the gorilla glass screen protectors, but have never been able to find them anywheres.

Maybe selling your 5 would be a smarter idea?
    Trees likes this.
    10-15-2013 06:51 AM
    Maybe selling your 5 would be a smarter idea?
    I have a four year old who loves playing games on my phone so once my iPhone 5 is at the point where I'm moving on from it I'm going to just take the sim out and load it up with games for her. I could sell it but would probably just use the money to buy my kid an iPad anyways so it's a catch 22

Trees likes this.
    10-15-2013 06:54 AM
    And if she breaks the old iPhone it won't hurt as bad as if she broke something "new"

10-15-2013 06:55 AM
    I have a four year old who loves playing games on my phone so once my iPhone 5 is at the point where I'm moving on from it I'm going to just take the sim out and load it up with games for her. I could sell it but would probably just use the money to buy my kid an iPad anyways so it's a catch 22

Yeah. Fair enough. It's funny how this world had changed. When I was that age I was forced to play outside lol.
    The joys of technology nowadays!!
    MisterMe11 likes this.
    10-15-2013 06:56 AM
    Yeah. Fair enough. It's funny how this world had changed. When I was that age I was forced to play outside lol.
    The joys of technology nowadays!!
    Yeah we live on a farm so she gets tons of outside time, but like most kids so she loves games and etc

10-15-2013 06:59 AM
    Congrats and good luck with it.
    Xx BEN xX likes this.
    10-15-2013 07:40 AM

eBay.. 10$ shipped from Hong Kong
    10-15-2013 08:49 AM
    I don't use a screen protector. Do use a case.

The phones are stronger than one might think, for the larger things. Nicks come easily tho -- or so I found with a black/slate 5. My first one (pre-replacement) was damaged by its case, actually.
    10-15-2013 02:23 PM

Sent from my iPhone 5
    Don't waste the 5 I want it! I'm serious haha
    10-15-2013 06:56 PM
    Depends.

My first iPhone I had a screen protector, a case, everything. Since then, I've dropped the idea of a screen protector and I've gone 15months with one phone without a screen protector and it was fine. But I baby my phone a bit. A case with a lip for the screen goes a long way, IMO.

I'm planning to get just a case for the 5S.
    And I'm also planning to keep it for 2yrs. <- Boy am I deluding myself, let me restate that. I will try my best to keep it for 2yrs and not upgrade early!
    10-15-2013 07:04 PM
    Depends.

My first iPhone I had a screen protector, a case, everything. Since then, I've dropped the idea of a screen protector and I've gone 15months with one phone without a screen protector and it was fine. But I baby my phone a bit. A case with a lip for the screen goes a long way, IMO.

I'm planning to get just a case for the 5S.
    And I'm also planning to keep it for 2yrs. <- Boy am I deluding myself, let me restate that. I will try my best to keep it for 2yrs and not upgrade early!
    I said that about my 5 a year ago. Here I sit now with my new 64 gig space grey iPhone 5s lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    10-15-2013 09:25 PM
    Seems like a better idea to just sell it...
    10-16-2013 08:21 PM
    Seems like a better idea to just sell it...
    I would rather give it to my kids than sell it. I don't really need the money that badly

10-16-2013 08:34 PM

Sent from my iPhone 5
    All depends how rough you are with things... but my iPhone 4 lasted 3 years, most of which was without a case... and at least a years worth of days without a screen protector. The phone is still far from a write-off... as I've now sold it to a friend, who gave it to his wife, and she is using it as her primary phone with no complaints. The only physical sign of wear was a couple scratches on the glass back and a very small scratch on the camera.

I'd imagine your 5 will last a good couple years bare naked, unless it routinely drops on concrete or asphalt.
    10-16-2013 09:22 PM
    I would rather give it to my kids than sell it. I don't really need the money that badly

Sell it and get your kid a ipad both my kids each have a ipad and love them worth every penny
    10-16-2013 09:45 PM
    Being 100% honest, in your position, I'd sell the iPhone 5, buy a used Nexus 7 tablet, and give that to your kids to play with... and pocket the difference.
    10-16-2013 10:12 PM
    Being 100% honest, in your position, I'd sell the iPhone 5, buy a used Nexus 7 tablet, and give that to your kids to play with... and pocket the difference.
    C'mon now my kids will never be using no android. That's breaking a big house rule lmfao jk jk

Sent from my iPhone 5s
    mfldmike and GibMcFragger like this.
    10-17-2013 09:15 AM
    C'mon now my kids will never be using no android. That's breaking a big house rule lmfao jk jk

Sent from my iPhone 5s
    It is in my house lol
    3 ipad 2
    A mini
    A ipad 4
    2 Apple TV
    A iPod nano
    And 3 iPhones
    10-18-2013 04:36 AM
    It is in my house lol
    3 ipad 2
    A mini