Do you run with your iPhone 5S?

Stevenojobs

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

I'm actually switching from my 4S to a 5S. (Found one in a store in Paris, but still waiting for my nano sim). Since my 4S had 2 years old, i did not mind to go to run with it. Now i've got a brand new phone, i'm a bit worried to run with it, there's so much electronic in it, i thought maybe it can damage the lens...

Do you run with your iPhone 5S ? How many times ?

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

I'm actually switching from my 4S to a 5S. (Found one in a store in Paris, but still waiting for my nano sim). Since my 4S had 2 years old, i did not mind to go to run with it. Now i've got a brand new phone, i'm a bit worried to run with it, there's so much electronic in it, i thought maybe it can damage the lens...

I only run with my 5s when I know it's in a tight pocket and it won't fall out. Last thing I wanna do is drop my 5s and start cursing lol.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

taz323

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

There are a number of different accessories out there to secure the device, I'm not a runner my self.

Xx BEN xX

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
I agree with Karen the phone can't get damaged by the motion of running I have done it a bunch of times with my 5. Just don't be careless and put the phone in a pocket with change and items that can scratch your phone on the run

Sent from my iPhone 5

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Hi,

I've run with mine every other day since I got it (4-6 miles per run)...not a single problem. I use a cheap eBay arm band too, so it's not like some specially designed band either.

I only run with my 5s when I know it's in a tight pocket and it won't fall out. Last thing I wanna do is drop my 5s and start cursing lol.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

You do know he's talking about exercise running and not just a sporadic sprint while the phone is in your pocket, right?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
The only time I run with my iPhone is when I'm running to and from a store or other building when it's raining outside....(laughing)

SnapThrow

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
I have been running 2 to 4 times a week with each of my iPhones for years, including my current 5S. I usually use a belt clip but currently I just carry my 5S. I track all my runs with Runkeeper and Nike+ GPS and I like having my iPhone with me for communication purposes. I have never had a problem with any of my iPhones even with as much as I sweat during my longer runs. I have been using Case-Mate Barely There cases for years, and have dropped the iPhone a few times here and there.

Now headphones are another story -- I have killed dozens over the years probably due to sweat. I've tried all kinds of headphones and they all fail eventually. I just use the Apple ones with foam covers that I buy from Radio Shack to help keep them in my ears.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Running outside I just leave it in my pocket. Running on a treadmill, I just leave it in the cupholder.

I'm a excessive sweater. Good 3-4 miles a run. I ran a half marathon yesterday with it on an armband. Works great.

jakspurs

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
I have been running with my 5s since I brought it. As an avid long distance runner, having 64gb of music and a phone in a single device is the reason I brought it! Get a good running armband and don't worry about it.

saynt j

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
I've run with every phone I've owned that could support activity tracking... all the way back to my BB Storm. DeSantis makes a great, elastic-retention, velcro closure pouch with their tried and true gun clip to secure it to almost anything. I've never had a problem. With my 4S before it was retired, I biked (bicycle) about 300 miles over 4 days with it on my side. I was never concerned about the phone falling because of my trusty ol phone holster. I've had this thing (phone holster) for nearly 10 years.

Cell Phone Holsters : DeSantisHolster.com

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner