iPhone 5s Screen Size Concerns

21stNow

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
​Oh okay...:)

The part of my response that gave the number of devices that were on the market for each of the popular devices (my opinion) that are at the opposite end of the spectrum is to show that people have had ample time to see, try and determine which device they prefer. Contracts could have run out and money could have been saved in order to get a Note or an iPhone. If you ask this question on an iPhone forum at this point, most people will say that they prefer a four-inch screen. Three years ago, the response may have been different.

At the time that I posted, nine out of the 14 respondents preferred the current size. Since I doubt that James would be surprised by this response on an iPhone 5S sub-forum, I wondered what he was really looking for.

Alex_Hong

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
I wouldn't mind at all if there were a slightly larger display, just keep it within the same width as the iPhone 5 with smaller bezels. One of the things I really like about the iPhone is how easy it is to use one handed compared to this Note that i'm using. What I would like is if apple stopped putting the back button on the top left hand corner, the phone would be even easier to use one handed if the back button was on the bottom left instead of needing to reach for the far left since I right handed. I digress.

The iPhone in its current form has one of my favourite physical size for a phone. Along with phones like the Nexus S, and Lumia 800.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Mobile Nations mobile app

boovish

Jul 23, 2012
Visit site
My favorite screen size is 2.6" on the HP Veer, and the 3.5" on the iPhone 1 3G 3GS 4 and 4S. If the iPhone 6 has bigger screen, I don't care how it happens I will throw a mannequin made of pig meat and filled with fake blood over the side of the Apple HQ. And I will then grip Tim Cooks hand tightly, and walk him out into the street where I will make us get hit by a car, and then I will make us fall back onto another car, and we will just go back and forth all day.

LazyStarGazer

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
My favorite screen size is 2.6" on the HP Veer, and the 3.5" on the iPhone 1 3G 3GS 4 and 4S. If the iPhone 6 has bigger screen, I don't care how it happens I will throw a mannequin made of pig meat and filled with fake blood over the side of the Apple HQ. And I will then grip Tim Cooks hand tightly, and walk him out into the street where I will make us get hit by a car, and then I will make us fall back onto another car, and we will just go back and forth all day.

A truck or a train might speed things up, save you some time.
Just a suggestion.

melbsteve

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site
I'm gonna agree to pretty much everything said. Coming from the 4S I first felt the 5 screen was huge. I have not the tallest of hands, so I can just about reach the top corners of my 5 and am absolutely chuffed with that display size. I wouldn't want to go bigger, so even if there will be two sizes offered next year, I'm sure I would hands down pick the 'smaller' version. The screen is brilliant and just right for a mobile phone. I can recall how phones shrank down around 10 (?) years ago, as that was the absolute fad back then. Now most android powered phones do the opposite, I'm skeptical that that's going to persist for ever. If i want a larger screen I happily pick up my Pad. I just don't want that on my phone. Also for privacy reasons I think. One should be able to pull out their phone relatively low-key. I can't help but stare on those giant phablet screens when somebody waves them around.

Laughinghyena

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
While my 5 is small compared to my S4 it's not a deal breaker anymore. Would I like to see a larger screen? Yeah, I would but not galaxy sized. If the iphone 6 is the same size I'd probably buy it anyway to be honest.

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
For me, I value one handed use a lot so the iPhone's size is perfect for me. Watching videos and all isn't as closed up or small as some people would think.

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
After using the note 3 which had a gigantic screen I realised it became a bit of an irritation.it didn't fit in the pocket easily. It would always stick our which made the experience uncomfortable. The 4 inch iPhone is perfect. Tasks like writing a message, editing a photo all can be done with one hand. I have no problems with the 4inch size. Even if apple made the screen slightly bigger that would be just fine.
But I doubt it.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

Jose Hidaka

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
If they could give me a device with the screen size of the iphone 2/3/3G/3GS/4/4s with the othes specs of the iphone 5s, I would get it, I like the other size more.

Alex_Hong

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Oh, I just remembered the Motorola RAZR i. That is a phone with similar size to an iPhone 5, but has a 4.3" display. 122.5 x 60.9 x 8.3 on the RAZR i vs 123.8 x 58.6 x 7.6 on the iPhone 5. I really liked the size of that phone.

Anyway, if Apple and devs all standardised to using the swipe in from the left bezel to go back, then perhaps the screen can go even bigger without sacrificing one handed ease of use since there isn't a need to reach the far top left hand corner anymore to press the back button.

Bottomline is, while I would like it to be slightly bigger, I don't mind it as it is.

Sent from my Lumia 800 using Tapatalk

Attachments

• PhotoChooser-83bc9af4-4672-4a69-9cfc-0c28219d6464.jpg
    PhotoChooser-83bc9af4-4672-4a69-9cfc-0c28219d6464.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 55

Coachbulldog

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
If you stick an iPhone 5s (or 5c) next to some of the other popular devices of the day, you can't help but notice the difference in screen size. In MOST cases, the iPhone looks tiny.

Is this a concern for anyone out there? Or does Apple have the 4" screen size 'just right' for you? Do you think Apple is testing/developing a device with a larger screen to cater to folks that want a larger screen?

These thoughts just came to mind... had to post :) Sound off!

I still use a 4S and the screen size on that device works for me.

Not sure what you mean by "concern out there." Am I concerned that Apple is going to go the way of Palm and BlackBerry because of a smaller screen size? Not in the least.

As for Apple's development and testing of a device with a larger screen, no idea but I believe I'm safe in saying that a company as successful as Apple is constantly testing and developing it's products. My iPhone works for me and I have zero doubt in a few weeks my get my new 5S it will continue to work for me. I will leave the speculation about product development to you and the others at Mobile Nation/iMore.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2