There is currently an ongoing discussion about this same topic in this thread along with a poll: http://forums.imore.com/iphone-6/261...5-display.html

I would like to see a 4.8" screen, but no larger than that.

Sent from my iPad Mini using Tapatalk Pro
    10-13-2013 07:32 PM
    I wouldn't mind at all if there were a slightly larger display, just keep it within the same width as the iPhone 5 with smaller bezels. One of the things I really like about the iPhone is how easy it is to use one handed compared to this Note that i'm using. What I would like is if apple stopped putting the back button on the top left hand corner, the phone would be even easier to use one handed if the back button was on the bottom left instead of needing to reach for the far left since I right handed. I digress.

The iPhone in its current form has one of my favourite physical size for a phone. Along with phones like the Nexus S, and Lumia 800.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Mobile Nations mobile app
    10-13-2013 07:42 PM
    I wouldn't mind at all if there were a slightly larger display, just keep it within the same width as the iPhone 5 with smaller bezels. One of the things I really like about the iPhone is how easy it is to use one handed compared to this Note that i'm using. What I would like is if apple stopped putting the back button on the top left hand corner, the phone would be even easier to use one handed if the back button was on the bottom left instead of needing to reach for the far left since I right handed. I digress.

The iPhone in its current form has one of my favourite physical size for a phone. Along with phones like the Nexus S, and Lumia 800.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Mobile Nations mobile app
    Not all apps have been updated yet, but in iOS 7, Apple added universal back just by swiping from they left side of the screen inwards. For a good example drill down into a mailbox in the Mail app. I find it quicker and easier than reaching a back button in the upper left.
    Alex_Hong likes this.
    10-13-2013 07:46 PM
    Absolutely and it makes zero difference to me. No one is above searching in these forums. Every bit of this very question has been answered time after time in more than one sub forum.
    And it will be asked again.
    I multiple new threads.
    Cest la vie.
    10-13-2013 07:50 PM
    And it will be asked again.
    I multiple new threads.
    Cest la vie.
    This is true
    10-13-2013 07:52 PM
    My favorite screen size is 2.6" on the HP Veer, and the 3.5" on the iPhone 1 3G 3GS 4 and 4S. If the iPhone 6 has bigger screen, I don't care how it happens I will throw a mannequin made of pig meat and filled with fake blood over the side of the Apple HQ. And I will then grip Tim Cooks hand tightly, and walk him out into the street where I will make us get hit by a car, and then I will make us fall back onto another car, and we will just go back and forth all day.
    10-13-2013 08:31 PM
    My favorite screen size is 2.6" on the HP Veer, and the 3.5" on the iPhone 1 3G 3GS 4 and 4S. If the iPhone 6 has bigger screen, I don't care how it happens I will throw a mannequin made of pig meat and filled with fake blood over the side of the Apple HQ. And I will then grip Tim Cooks hand tightly, and walk him out into the street where I will make us get hit by a car, and then I will make us fall back onto another car, and we will just go back and forth all day.
    A truck or a train might speed things up, save you some time.
    Just a suggestion.
    boovish and jiayit like this.
    10-13-2013 08:55 PM
    I think it may allow cook to escape during the long intermission
    10-13-2013 09:14 PM
    I love the current size. Larger screens are not for me. I like only having to use 1 hand. Would I buy one? Not at this time. I'm content with the size.

Sent from my sweet southern soulful Iphone 5.
    Agreed!

Sent from somewhere around here using my iPhone 5S
    10-13-2013 09:29 PM
    I'm gonna agree to pretty much everything said. Coming from the 4S I first felt the 5 screen was huge. I have not the tallest of hands, so I can just about reach the top corners of my 5 and am absolutely chuffed with that display size. I wouldn't want to go bigger, so even if there will be two sizes offered next year, I'm sure I would hands down pick the 'smaller' version. The screen is brilliant and just right for a mobile phone. I can recall how phones shrank down around 10 (?) years ago, as that was the absolute fad back then. Now most android powered phones do the opposite, I'm skeptical that that's going to persist for ever. If i want a larger screen I happily pick up my Pad. I just don't want that on my phone. Also for privacy reasons I think. One should be able to pull out their phone relatively low-key. I can't help but stare on those giant phablet screens when somebody waves them around.
    cyberpaw and Fit24 like this.
    10-13-2013 10:54 PM
    While my 5 is small compared to my S4 it's not a deal breaker anymore. Would I like to see a larger screen? Yeah, I would but not galaxy sized. If the iphone 6 is the same size I'd probably buy it anyway to be honest.
    10-14-2013 01:04 AM
    For me, I value one handed use a lot so the iPhone's size is perfect for me. Watching videos and all isn't as closed up or small as some people would think.
    10-14-2013 02:13 AM
    After using the note 3 which had a gigantic screen I realised it became a bit of an irritation.it didn't fit in the pocket easily. It would always stick our which made the experience uncomfortable. The 4 inch iPhone is perfect. Tasks like writing a message, editing a photo all can be done with one hand. I have no problems with the 4inch size. Even if apple made the screen slightly bigger that would be just fine.
    But I doubt it.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    10-14-2013 03:03 AM
    If they could give me a device with the screen size of the iphone 2/3/3G/3GS/4/4s with the othes specs of the iphone 5s, I would get it, I like the other size more.
    10-14-2013 07:51 AM
    I'm happy with the size of my 5, don't think anything larger than 4.5
    Jaguarr40 likes this.
    10-14-2013 07:59 AM
    Oh, I just remembered the Motorola RAZR i. That is a phone with similar size to an iPhone 5, but has a 4.3" display. 122.5 x 60.9 x 8.3 on the RAZR i vs 123.8 x 58.6 x 7.6 on the iPhone 5. I really liked the size of that phone.

Anyway, if Apple and devs all standardised to using the swipe in from the left bezel to go back, then perhaps the screen can go even bigger without sacrificing one handed ease of use since there isn't a need to reach the far top left hand corner anymore to press the back button.

Bottomline is, while I would like it to be slightly bigger, I don't mind it as it is.

Sent from my Lumia 800 using Tapatalk
    Attached Thumbnails iPhone 5s Screen Size Concerns-photochooser-83bc9af4-4672-4a69-9cfc-0c28219d6464.jpg  
    10-14-2013 09:11 AM
    If you stick an iPhone 5s (or 5c) next to some of the other popular devices of the day, you can't help but notice the difference in screen size. In MOST cases, the iPhone looks tiny.

Is this a concern for anyone out there? Or does Apple have the 4" screen size 'just right' for you? Do you think Apple is testing/developing a device with a larger screen to cater to folks that want a larger screen?

These thoughts just came to mind... had to post Sound off!
    I still use a 4S and the screen size on that device works for me.

Not sure what you mean by "concern out there." Am I concerned that Apple is going to go the way of Palm and BlackBerry because of a smaller screen size? Not in the least.

As for Apple's development and testing of a device with a larger screen, no idea but I believe I'm safe in saying that a company as successful as Apple is constantly testing and developing it's products. My iPhone works for me and I have zero doubt in a few weeks my get my new 5S it will continue to work for me. I will leave the speculation about product development to you and the others at Mobile Nation/iMore.
    10-14-2013 09:53 AM
    The 5inch screen is about the only thing I miss about the Galaxy S4. A 5inch screen with iOS7 would be so Hawt! ...
    10-14-2013 12:08 PM
    No I am not the least bit concerned about how tiny my screen looks compared to other popular devices.
    Coachbulldog likes this.
    10-14-2013 12:14 PM
    I love Apple and i love iOS. But I have been using bigger screen phones from the competition and I think my upgrade in the next two months is not very straight forward. I am really enjoy the extra screen real estate when I play with those phones, and they are not much bigger in physical dimensions. I may get the Nexus 5 this year and hope Apple does a bigger screen next year.
    10-14-2013 02:16 PM
    I'm a long time android user who has just returned to the iPhone 5s [i owned the original iPhone]. Now I really like Android it's great but the reason I've returned to iPhone5s - Screen size!!!

If you want the android flagship phones then the only choice is 4.7in plus. Much too big for my tastes.

My sweet spot is 4.3in screen, iPhone is the closest flagship.
    10-14-2013 02:49 PM
    If Apple decides to create a larger iPhone, I'll definitely try it but I'm not at all disappointed with the current screen size.
    I concur. The iP5's 4" screen seems about right to me. I have small enough hands that I can't quite reach everything 1-handed but that's fine. If Apple released an iPhone with a bigger screen I would be interested (just more apple goodness on one screen, right?) but I am not dissatisfied with the 4" phone.
    10-14-2013 03:34 PM
    I know it may be wishful thinking, but I really wish apple would offer two differently sized phones. I know for some the 4" screen that they have is perfect. And thats great. Personally I find it a bit too narrow to type comfortably. I always feel as if I'm really "pecking" at the keys... its just not comfortable!
    10-14-2013 09:42 PM
    I wouldn't mind seeing the screen a little wider. The current width, at least for me, makes it somewhat uncomfortable for two thumbed typing. It wouldn't hurt to be just a shade larger.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
    10-14-2013 09:57 PM
    The iPhone 5/5s/5c screen is just perfect for my needs. When I'm on the go i want portability thet will not take much space in my pocket. And when at home or the office, the big iPad displays is my goto device.
    Coachbulldog and dianahk like this.
    10-14-2013 10:27 PM
76 1234