I went from a 4s to a 5s. Here are some thoughts

Love the bigger screen. Just wish it was a little bigger (if the screen was as wide as the device, and just a little taller (imagine if the screen was the same size as the silver on the back)
    I like the finger print scanner idea. just wish it worked better. I have noticed after 3 weeks, that it is not recognizing my fingers as well as day one. On the first day I set up my phone, I scanned both thumbs and both index fingers. All fingers worked great. It stopped recognizing the right thumb (the one I use 90% of the time) I had to rescan it. I also noticed that it wont recognize my left index finger anymore either.
    The resprings or reboots are really getting annoying. I have already returned one phone after a few days. installed everything fresh, as a new install. I removed many of my apps. I can not narrow it down to any particular app. I think it is an internal software issue. I am getting at least one a day, sometimes two or three.

I dont play games on my phone, so I dont notice the faster 64 chip

I have noticed something unusual. After having a few apps opened, When I close an app, and it shrinks and flys off. I notice a white trail of smoke (well, it looks like a white trail of smoke). I usually see this with apps with a dark screen

The phone is much thinner and lighter than the 4s (oh, and I also had a speck cover on it. It took some time to get used to. But I still have another 4s for work. It feels so heavy now

I bought a wireless charger case from china. Took 3 weeks to get here. Had to pull out the dremel and make the camera opening bigger for the 5s, but I love it. It charges fast, it is convenient. It also makes the phone just a little thicker, which I like. Still thinner than the 4s (even without the speck cover)

I have issue with bluetooth in my car. I think this is user error. On the 4s with ios6, I had a little box on the bottom right of the screen. I could click that and see a few options (connect bluetooth, connect dock, or listen through iphone). I cant find that option anymore.

Why dont any of the pics that I take on my iphone, fill up the entire iphone screen???

Bottom line, the phone isnt perfect, but it is better than the 4S that I had for 2 years. and I liked it better than the Samsung S4 that I had for 1 week (took it back, was just too big for my little hand)
    mac2013 likes this.
    10-13-2013 11:04 AM
    Pics don't fill up the whole screen because they are taken at a standard 4x3 ratio and the screen is 16x9.
    10-13-2013 11:08 AM
    Congrats on the new phone, and with ia new phone and os version, which will have some bugs. But Apple is one of the best out there for updates, hope there's one soon for some of those issues.
    10-13-2013 11:18 AM
    Thank you for sharing your thoughts about the iPhone 5S with us, and hopefully, the kinks you've referenced will be fixed in an upcoming iOS update. Take care...
    10-13-2013 11:20 AM
    I have the 5S, 64 Gig on Verizon since launch day. I have not had one issue with it. Two of the things the op wrote about having an issue with is the fingerprint reader and reboots. I find the fingerprint reader flawless and have not had a reboot. I do clean the reader often maybe that helps. Just my two cents.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    mac2013 likes this.
    10-13-2013 03:21 PM
    I have the 5S, 64 Gig on Verizon since launch day. I have not had one issue with it. Two of the things the op wrote about having an issue with is the fingerprint reader and reboots. I find the fingerprint reader flawless and have not had a reboot. I do clean the reader often maybe that helps. Just my two cents.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    That was my first thought upon reading the OP as well. Fingers are dirty, oily things. It wouldn't surprise me at all if the sensor crystal needs to be cleaned off every few days.
    10-13-2013 06:54 PM