What are the things you love about the new 5S?

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
For me, I must say the finger ID stuff, as I really hate entering my pass code a hundred times a day, I'd rather just provide my thumb. I don't really think we will see 64 bit stuff take off just yet, and I just feel it is more of a marketing gimmick right now...

What's your favorite thing about the 5S?

jmr1015

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
I think it is a beautifully crafted piece of hardware. The TouchID really is seamless. The camera is fantastic. Everything is very snappy and iOS 7 looks and runs great on it. The speakerphone quality is pretty darn good compared to just about any phone I have had prior to this. Overall, it is a well designed and well built piece of technology.

dianahk

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
For me it is the fingerprint ID, speed (came from a 4S), battery life (this was a pleasant surprise), the camera, the gold, and even the color on my screen looks crisper and more vibrant.

therandomone

Jan 25, 2010
Visit site
I upgraded from a 4s, so the things I love are the TouchID, the speed, the battery life (I go ALL DAY and still have life left at night). I also like how light weight it is.
I also love that it is LTE compatible. What a difference.

B1ue_B1aze

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
I really love Touch ID, the display size which allows for easy one handed use, battery life, and the speed of the A7 processor.

anon4757448

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Touch ID is number one for me. With my 4s I hated having to put in a passcode so I never used it much. Touch ID is much more convenient. I also love its speed and the way the phone feels in my small hands.

Sent from somewhere around here using my iPhone 5S

abazigal

May 9, 2013
Visit site
Touch ID is number one for me. With my 4s I hated having to put in a passcode so I never used it much. Touch ID is much more convenient. I also love its speed and the way the phone feels in my small hands.

Sent from somewhere around here using my iPhone 5S

This.

Touch ID is surprising seamless. I simply press the home button and keep my finger on it for a split second more, and I am in.

Between 4g and A7 chip, my phone also feels faster. Apps and websites that used to take a while to load now seem to load almost immediately.

That said, battery life doesn't seem any better though. Perhaps it's because of the 4g, but I am not seeing any longer battery life compared to my 4s (whose battery has already been subject to 2 years worth of charging).

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Before I received it (and even within the first couple of days of getting it), I wasn't overly thrilled or even really interested in the fingerprint scanner. Now...it's second nature to unlock my phone like this, and the feature works flawlessly. I really find it rather nice, convenient and most of all, secure.

The camera is just awesome. It truly is. The things I wished for on previous iPhone cameras are present...Now I can only hope that Apple takes a page from Nokia, and implements a more functional zoom feature in the future. Once the zoom function allows for a more legitimate use of such, this camera will be damn near perfect. The flash works good for what it is, but this type of flash is just not ever going to serve as a proper legitimate camera flash.

Everything else kind of becomes redundant, because they are things I have loved about the iPhone for many generations now.

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Speed is the biggest thing for me. It's so friggin fast. Battery life is ridiculous. The TouchID is OK, but I am still kind of in that swipe to unlock habit and find myself doing that more often than I realize.

Good OL MC

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Okay, I don't have mine yet but I've played with my friend's white 5S more than she'd like so I'll base it off of that.

The camera is just so damn fast. I didn't realize how slow my 4S is until a few days ago. I'm going to have a lot of fun with that when I finally get one. I've already done some fun Slow-Mo stuff too. I'm eager and ready.

taz323

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
Don't have it, the thing that interesting to me is the 64 bit, think your gonna see some amazing things coming.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73