5s 7.0.2 Sound Glitch

clarkkent06

Jun 23, 2009
Visit site
Ok randomly I just had a glitch last night. I wasn't even doing anything the phone was just sitting. A few weird things happened.

I went to messages and noticed there were only two conversations there (should be at least 20), and instead of names it just had phone numbers.

I looked into my contacts and they were all gone! So I did a hard reset and luckily the messages came back.

For some reason iCloud had unchecked everything except find my iPhone. So I had to re-enable calendar, notes, contacts, etc. And then they all came back.

After this, my sound died. Everything. It will still vibrate but that's it. However, sounds work fine with the headset in. It's like the phone thinks the headphones are plugged in, when they are not. I tried cleaning the headphone port (and lightning port) with alcohol. No luck. I checked every single setting I could (do not disturb, mute, vibrate rocker switch, etc). Nothing helped.

Anyone else having this issue? Or have a suggestion on how to fix it?

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Haven't had this behavior yet. I don't know about cleaning the headphone port with alcohol. The iPhone has or had a moisture sensor in the headphone port that a Apple genius would check to see if the phone was in water. I don't if it's still there or if alcohol would effect it.

clarkkent06

Jun 23, 2009
Visit site
Well I didn't douse it. Just put some on a qtip. I was reading that this could be a possible solution. Some dust or debris gets in the headphone port and it gets stuck strategically so the phone thinks the headphones are plugged in

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Well I didn't douse it. Just put some on a qtip. I was reading that this could be a possible solution. Some dust or debris gets in the headphone port and it gets stuck strategically so the phone thinks the headphones are plugged in

I feel you. Compressed air might do the trick to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
This is the thread I've been following on the Apple Support Forums, figured I'd ask here as well
https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5318519?start=45&tstart=0

If you are having the same issues as the people in the Apple thread sounds like a software issue. One person said their volume was ok until iOS 7 on a iPhone 4.
I haven't noticed any volume problems yet on my phone.

I have my phone set where the volume buttons don't effect the ringer. I use the control center volume for media volume not the side buttons.

I like to have my ringer at maximum always. Or vibrate for silent situations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2