Anyone have luck buying a 5S in store?

Tre

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
My iPhone is scheduled to be delivered in 24 days, so I'm going to try and see if I can just get one locally instead..... has anyone had any luck buying at a local Apple or AT&T store?
I talked to the apple store folk and they said they do get small shipments here and there but they go quickly.

km12345

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
I got mine at an apple store 2 days ago. Gold 32gb AT&T

I would not recommend ordering to ship it, unless you are willing to wait for a while.

Tre

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Did you do an in-store order for pickup or did you just walk in? And do you mind me asking where & what time you went?

Tre

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Gold 32 ATT..... I called 3 of the local apple stores and only 1 was helpful. Said they have 5 to 10 phones that they sell before the store opens for people that have been lined up ridiculously early. Looks like that's what I'll have to do.

Rocket_Girl

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
My iPhone is scheduled to be delivered in 24 days, so I'm going to try and see if I can just get one locally instead..... has anyone had any luck buying at a local Apple or AT&T store?
I talked to the apple store folk and they said they do get small shipments here and there but they go quickly.

Yes, on launch Monday. My store said they get shipments every day Mon-Fri.They never know what's coming. You could try online purchase for in-store pickup or go to a store 1st thing in the morning. Almost everyone around this forum who was determined to find one in store has been successful. Can take a few days of trying.

If you used an upgrade for the one that is on order, you would only be able to buy one full-price - I don't think you can get your upgrade gack while it is attached to an order in progress.

jburke82

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Click on the link and it will tell you where there is an iPhone 5S available and what colors. Save yourself a lot of time

Gold AT&T iPhone 5S Availability

This is a great tool.

I used the "call every day" method...I called the local verizon, apple, and best buy stores basically daily until I found one that had the model in stock that I wanted. Ran down that day and picked it up.

The stores (from what they say) have no idea what is received in the shipments until they literally open the box, so you could call one minute and they are all out, and then call back a few hours later and they have some in stock.

mpham2

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
Walked in to bestbuy first thing on a Monday morning right at opening time and
Got my silver 64. The only one there.

markhunsaker

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
I walked right into a Best Buy a week after launch and picked up a Space Gray 32GB for Verizon. Granted, it was the last one...sometimes luck just happens.

Tre

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
I'm going to be the only dumbass lining up for an iphone at 5 am 20 days after release date, but if that's what it takes.....

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Walked into Best Buy and bought one on release day...sold it...and then walked into an Apple store on the 27th and bought another one.

Want to know the secret of the Apple store? Get there early...wake up on a weekday, get some breakfast and be at the store about an hour to an hour and a half before they open and be first in line. You'll have the pick of the litter when they finally start handing out the little vouchers for them...and I know that the Apple stores in the Atlanta area have had a good bit of stock. The day I bought my 2nd device, the store had a bunch of space grey models.

debo6052

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I ordered 64g gold & 32g gray thru VZ site 3am on launch day, never got confirmation so called VZ next day & order didn't go thru completely for some reason so reordered next day 9/21 with ship date of 11/4….10/7 happen to go to Best Buy & they had '1' gold 64g VZ…….yea !!!! Still can't believe my luck , got my gold & husbands gray 10/7 at Best Buy & cancelled my order with VZ.
Just goes to show never hurts to keep looking around.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Walked into Best Buy and bought one on release day...sold it...and then walked into an Apple store on the 27th and bought another one.

Want to know the secret of the Apple store? Get there early...wake up on a weekday, get some breakfast and be at the store about an hour to an hour and a half before they open and be first in line. You'll have the pick of the litter when they finally start handing out the little vouchers for them...and I know that the Apple stores in the Atlanta area have had a good bit of stock. The day I bought my 2nd device, the store had a bunch of space grey models.

So mad could have had a gold one launch day to sell but I went to the Apple store first instead of going straight to Best Buy grr LOL.

Carried by a raven from the Wall.

donawalt

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
I walked into Grand Central Station in Manhattan on Sunday Sep. 29 and got a Space Gray 64GB AT&T phone. They said they were selling them every day.

km12345

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
I didn't go to any store. I only spent a week casually calling around and 4 days of constant online search and then I found one with a little luck. I ended buying fr apple store thru pick up.
I got my gold 32 AT&T n I am happy. I do feel bad for those who had to wait longer.

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I can't find any unlocked (without contract) iPhone 5S's within twenty miles of Santa Monica irrespective of colour or storage capacity. Crazy.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox