WTH?!!? No phones at all in the greater Houston area, according to the availability tool. And there's too much square mileage to cover here in Texas to start trying to get a phone "cold calling" on store locations in-person. This schiznit is frustrating as all get-out. You could have bank in your pocket to get the 64GB in all 3 colors but nobody has product for you. That's a buncha bull...
    10-12-2013 03:35 PM
    Picked it up last week. Got mine at an Apple store in Chicago suburbs. Verizon white 64g iPhone 5s . I used the in store pick up and purchased it with the Apple Store App. Check for availability before you submit your order.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    10-12-2013 08:02 PM
    WTH?!!? No phones at all in the greater Houston area, according to the availability tool. And there's too much square mileage to cover here in Texas to start trying to get a phone "cold calling" on store locations in-person. This schiznit is frustrating as all get-out. You could have bank in your pocket to get the 64GB in all 3 colors but nobody has product for you. That's a buncha bull...
    I would call or go to Best Buy. I went in to the one on 290 in Cypress and bought a 32g Verizon Space Grey. It was a pre order that wasn't picked up.
    10-12-2013 08:08 PM
    Folks should try BestBuy. When I was hunting for a Sprint 5S, no store had any at all but BestBuy did.
    10-12-2013 08:54 PM
    I'm going to be trying at a local store in a month's time...fingers crossed that I will be able to get a Gold one
    10-14-2013 01:53 AM
    Availability at Apple stores update constantly. All Apple stores get shipments daily, and their systems can update availability at any time throughout the day. Not just at opening or even during business hours. Just keep checking back randomly throughout the day, and if one pops up as available for in-store pickup, buy it quick. It won't stay available for long.
    10-14-2013 02:05 AM
    I got mine on Saturday in store. 32 gig gold. No complaints 😄

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk
    igeekgurl likes this.
    10-14-2013 03:08 AM
    I was on the hunt for the Gold but couldn't find one; however, I was able to upgrade to the 64gb model in Space Grey.
    10-14-2013 09:39 AM
    Got one at best buy yesterday, white. The have a deal for $100 minimum trade in for any smart phone. I traded in an old blackberry worth about $20.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    Sydneysue likes this.
    10-14-2013 11:25 AM
    Absolutely NOTHING around DC.

ugh......
    dobermansrule likes this.
    10-14-2013 12:21 PM
    Launch day VZW corporate store in Long Island, NY (32gb Space Grey). Blue 5c picked up a week later from Apple flagship store (open 24hrs). My tip is to hit up Best Buy or go to Apple store overnight.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
    10-14-2013 01:37 PM
    I'm on the Best Buy train as well. Went to a Best Buy in the Bay Area Saturday afternoon and left with a 64gb Space Grey 5s.
    10-14-2013 01:38 PM
    I had to go to the mall today (Lenox Mall in Atlanta, GA) to get some stuff from the Adidas store (which happens to be right next door to the Apple store)...they had "plenty" of 5S's (according to the guy outside giving out the vouchers to the line), but no gold's. The stock is out there people.
    Spencerdl likes this.
    10-14-2013 03:11 PM
    Unfortunately the two Apple stores near me were both sold out of all 5S's. I walked into AT&T store next to the Apple store and they had a few of the 64GB Silver, of which I am now a proud owner. I walked out feeling both lucky and excited! Woohoo!
    10-14-2013 03:36 PM
    I had no problem picking up a 64GB space gray. After I sold that one, a week later I got myself a 32GB at another store with a pickup order from the online Apple Store.
    10-14-2013 05:17 PM
    I'm going to be the only dumbass lining up for an iphone at 5 am 20 days after release date, but if that's what it takes.....
    LOL, NOT the only one. Count me in
    10-14-2013 05:57 PM
    I had to go to the mall today (Lenox Mall in Atlanta, GA) to get some stuff from the Adidas store (which happens to be right next door to the Apple store)...they had "plenty" of 5S's (according to the guy outside giving out the vouchers to the line), but no gold's. The stock is out there people.
    I'm in ATL also , but no GOLD, no GO....SMILE
    qbnkelt likes this.
    10-14-2013 06:00 PM
    You guys buying from the Apple store... you realize it is much easier to just purchase online for in-store pickup than to wait in line out front... Just check the website late night/early morning, and keep refreshing. The availability at each store changes from minute to minute.

You will also increase your chances of finding what you want by expanding your search beyond the closest Apple Store to you. There is an AT&T 64gb Gold 5S showing available for pickup right now about an hour drive from my location.
    Tre and Spencerdl like this.
    10-14-2013 07:32 PM
    You guys buying from the Apple store... you realize it is much easier to just purchase online for in-store pickup than to wait in line out front... Just check the website late night/early morning, and keep refreshing. The availability at each store changes from minute to minute.

You will also increase your chances of finding what you want by expanding your search beyond the closest Apple Store to you. There is an AT&T 64gb Gold 5S showing available for pickup right now about an hour drive from my location.
    No, actually, it is not easier...in fact, ordering it online for in store pick up over the last several weeks has been almost impossible for most people, and only scatter shot for others...when you go to the actual Apple store, and you get there early enough, you get your pick of the day's shipment. That obviously doesn't guarantee you any particular color or size, but it's been a lot more common to find a 5S this way vs. ordering it online, where most people were reporting significant wait times through the end of October (particularly for the gold model).
    Tre likes this.
    10-14-2013 07:51 PM
    No, actually, it is not easier...in fact, ordering it online for in store pick up over the last several weeks has been almost impossible for most people, and only scatter shot for others...when you go to the actual Apple store, and you get there early enough, you get your pick of the day's shipment. That obviously doesn't guarantee you any particular color or size, but it's been a lot more common to find a 5S this way vs. ordering it online, where most people were reporting significant wait times through the end of October (particularly for the gold model).
    If you're ordering for shipment to your house, then yes I would agree with you. But for in-store pickup, I have to disagree. It really wasn't that hard for me to get mine this way, and I can jump on the website right now, and over the course of the next hour, find numerous colors and capacities available within a 100 mile radius for in-store pickup... and the capacities and colors available at each location will be changing from hour to hour, and going from available to unavailable.

You can't expect to just jump on and order for in-store pickup. It's not that easy. The shipments get checked in, and people order them all within the course of minutes to an hour. You have to be persistent, and quick, but I find this option much easier than going to the Apple Store every morning and hoping for the best. I found mine within a 36-hour span of starting to check for availability... at an Apple Store 30 miles away. During my process, I literally watched availability at various Apple stores come and go... over the entire course of that 36 hours. But for the color, capacity, carrier, and distance I wanted, it took less than 2 days. Also, that phone showed up in their system approximately 3 hours after opening. Which is when they received their shipment that day. So, anyone waiting outside that morning was turned away and told they had no stock. Which was true, at opening.
    Last edited by jmr1015; 10-14-2013 at 08:13 PM.
    10-14-2013 08:02 PM
    Exactly right. Often it seems that the small stock of 5S's that come in to Apple stores almost every day go straight out the door to people standing in line or early morning walk-ins. They never make it onto the availability website at all. There's no substitute for calling around to the closest stores more than once a day and inquiring about stock, though obviously folks with actual jobs or students (as opposed to us retirees) can't always do that.
    10-14-2013 08:03 PM
    Update:

I had ordered 32gb Gold on October 2nd, but when I got the the notice that it wouldn't be delivered until November 4th I cancelled my order.

I'm in the DC area so my plan was to go wait in line at the Tysons mall at 5:30am and see if I could get my hands on the 10 or so iphones that have been arriving per day. Before I did that I had been sporadically checking the iphone stock website (Gold AT&T iPhone 5S Availability) with no luck at all each time.... until randomly at 6:05pm on Friday some showed up at Pentagon City. I immediately ordered for in-store pick up and got a sexy Space Gray 64gb and LOVE IT!!! I wouldve gone crazy if I waited for the November 4th delivery date.

Bottomline, CHECK THIS WEBSITE THROUGH OUT THE DAY AND ORDER FOR IN-STORE PICK UP WHEN IT SHOWS: Gold AT&T iPhone 5S Availability (I ended up donating $10 to the website)

Good Luck!
    10-15-2013 01:20 PM
    If you're ordering for shipment to your house, then yes I would agree with you. But for in-store pickup, I have to disagree. It really wasn't that hard for me to get mine this way, and I can jump on the website right now, and over the course of the next hour, find numerous colors and capacities available within a 100 mile radius for in-store pickup... and the capacities and colors available at each location will be changing from hour to hour, and going from available to unavailable.

You can't expect to just jump on and order for in-store pickup. It's not that easy. The shipments get checked in, and people order them all within the course of minutes to an hour. You have to be persistent, and quick, but I find this option much easier than going to the Apple Store every morning and hoping for the best. I found mine within a 36-hour span of starting to check for availability... at an Apple Store 30 miles away. During my process, I literally watched availability at various Apple stores come and go... over the entire course of that 36 hours. But for the color, capacity, carrier, and distance I wanted, it took less than 2 days. Also, that phone showed up in their system approximately 3 hours after opening. Which is when they received their shipment that day. So, anyone waiting outside that morning was turned away and told they had no stock. Which was true, at opening.
    I guess we have a different definition of "easier"...I found it easier to just go to the store early enough to get the one I wanted on the day I wanted it. People who have used your method have found themselves stuck in a loop of waiting and backorder fulfillment...when they could have just gone to the store and bought one without going through all of that.

Can you get one quickly with online ordering with store pick up? Maybe.

Can you get one quickly by going to the store early and waiting? Definitely.

You're basing your logic on an online stock finder that isn't even close to fully accurate. You're also having to check on this stuff...my method is simple, go to the store, wait for it to open, get an iPhone. Doesn't get any easier than that, lol.
    10-15-2013 01:36 PM
    I guess we have a different definition of "easier"...I found it easier to just go to the store early enough to get the one I wanted on the day I wanted it. People who have used your method have found themselves stuck in a loop of waiting and backorder fulfillment...when they could have just gone to the store and bought one without going through all of that.

Can you get one quickly with online ordering with store pick up? Maybe.

Can you get one quickly by going to the store early and waiting? Definitely.

You're basing your logic on an online stock finder that isn't even close to fully accurate. You're also having to check on this stuff...my method is simple, go to the store, wait for it to open, get an iPhone. Doesn't get any easier than that, lol.
    👍
    I've had no luck with the in store pick up and I think if could go early enough to a store I'd have my phone by now. But I'm not the primary on the account and my mother has made it more than clear that she's not iPhone hunting and that I'll just have to wait for our online order to be shipped.

On Order: 64gb GOLD 5s AT&T
    Ordered: 11:04 am est 9/20
    Order Status: processing...est shipping Oct 24-28 delivery by Nov 1
    Mental Status: questionable...the longer I wait the more crazed I become about checking my order status.
    10-15-2013 02:03 PM
    I showed up to an Apple Store this morning 20 minutes before they opened for retail and walked out at 10:10AM with a space gray 32GB
    that I got for someone else. Just be there early like Sean said.
    10-15-2013 02:15 PM
102 1234 ...