The screen keeps freezing on my iPhone 5s

anon(3792)

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
The screen keeps freezing on my iPhone 5s. It won't accept any screen input by the home and power buttons still work. I can't power off because I can't slide the screen slider. I have to hard reboot via power + home button. When I reboot, it works fine for a few minutes, then same thing happens. I just bought the phone 2 days ago and set up as new iPhone. Reset it today after problem started but it's still doing it. Any ideas for how to fix it??

Verizon iPhone 5s
32GB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Make an iCloud AND an iTunes backup, and then take the two-day old phone 5S to the nearest Apple Store and get it exchanged for another new one.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I was really hoping that wouldn't be the solution... Thanks though.

The reason I recommended that you return the device for another new one was because you just got your iPhone 5S two days ago. Of all of Apple's excellent devices, a few lemons do fall through the cracks. If you don't want to take it back and prefer to troubleshoot it yourself, do the following:

1. Create and iCloud AND an iTunes backup.
2. Put your iPhone 5S in DFU mode and then connect it to iTunes via USB
3. When iTunes detect that your device is in recovery, select to restore it.
4. After it finishes, select to set your device as new.
5. Test the screen to see if it freezes like before. If not, decide if you want to restore from the backup you made and risk restoring something that may have caused the screen to freeze in the first place or continue setting up your device as new (recommended).
6. If you are still having screen problems, assume it is hardware-related, and return it to the nearest Apple Store and get it exchanged.

anon(3792)

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I actually did that before I posted. Which is why I kinda knew what the answer was going to be, but hoped maybe I missed something.

I bought the phone at Best Buy. Do I go there for the return? Or the Apple store?? Also, I really appreciate your help. Thank you.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I actually did that before I posted. Which is why I kinda knew what the answer was going to be, but hoped maybe I missed something.

I bought the phone at Best Buy. Do I go there for the return? Or the Apple store??
I have never purchased an iPhone at Best Buy so I'm unfamiliar with how they handle returns or exchanges of the iPhone, but I am familiar with the Apple Store. They are second to none in regard to customer service and they will move mountains to please their customers (hint-hint).
Also, I really appreciate your help. Thank you.

You're very welcome...:)

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Take it to an apple store. Once you walk out the store unless you bought best busy warranty they won't help you. The apple store will. Plus they have better service anyways.

anon(3792)

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
Went to Apple store. They immediately replaced the device. In and out in 10mins. This is why Apple is winning... Thanks for all the help guys.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro