Try it, you might like it

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free
    10-11-2013 10:01 PM
    You get what you get and you don't throw a fit.
    10-11-2013 10:06 PM
    3gs Was the last to ship with a SIM tool.
    That's not true at all. My iPhone 5 came with a sim tool attached to the paperwork folder inside the box
    10-11-2013 10:16 PM
    Odd. My 4s, my 5 and now my 5s all came with a sim tray removal tool in the box. It's attached to the flap on the cover that the paperwork is in. They were all unlocked Canadian models if that makes a difference.
    10-11-2013 10:56 PM
    Odd. My 4s, my 5 and now my 5s all came with a sim tray removal tool in the box. It's attached to the flap on the cover that the paperwork is in. They were all unlocked Canadian models if that makes a difference.
    Must be international thing mine didn't come with one
    10-11-2013 11:03 PM
    That's not true at all. My iPhone 5 came with a sim tool attached to the paperwork folder inside the box
    Ya, that confused me as well. iPhone 4, 4S and 5 all came with one from Rogers.
    10-11-2013 11:34 PM
    I was talking with a rep at the Apple store Genius Bar yesterday about a different matter, but I asked about the SIM tool. His response was that they should be included with all unlocked phones, but not with the carrier-specific phones. The logic is that with an AT&T iPhone, for example, it comes with a SIM, and there should really be no need to open the SIM tray, whereas with an unlocked iPhone, it comes with no SIM, so the end user would have a need to be able to open the SIM tray.

Seems totally plausible to me.
    nikkisharif likes this.
    11-01-2013 12:45 PM
    None of the 5s's came with a sim tool? Hm. Well the 5c's do. The unlocked ones anyway. I bet if they had unlocked 5s's they would also come with a sim tool.
    11-01-2013 03:16 PM
    None of the 5s's came with a sim tool? Hm. Well the 5c's do. The unlocked ones anyway. I bet if they had unlocked 5s's they would also come with a sim tool.
    Damn, son... can you read?

Where did anyone say that none of the 5S phones came with a SIM tool?
    11-01-2013 03:34 PM
    Damn, son... can you read?

Where did anyone say that none of the 5S phones came with a SIM tool?
    If none of the carrier models came with the sim tool, and the t-mobile model didn't come with the sim tool, then no iPhones purchased in the U.S. came with a SIM tool. The Canadian version, which I talked about earlier are being sold as unlocked thus come with sim tool.
    11-01-2013 03:37 PM
    They are line $3 for 10 on amazon.
    10x SIM Card Tray Removal Remover Eject Pin Key Tool For iPhone 5 4 4S 3G 3GS
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B009PJFHUK...mUvbUpU2124246

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    11-01-2013 11:51 PM
    When I gave my Droid DNA to my boyfriend upon getting my 5S, I decided to keep the little tool just in case! He can use it should he ever need to, but I prefer the styling of the HTC version so I just wanted it.

nikkisharif likes this.
    11-02-2013 12:19 AM
    If you need one...check eBay...
    11-02-2013 12:41 AM
    If none of the carrier models came with the sim tool, and the t-mobile model didn't come with the sim tool, then no iPhones purchased in the U.S. came with a SIM tool. The Canadian version, which I talked about earlier are being sold as unlocked thus come with sim tool.
    No sim tool in box-thatssotrue_1452_1330039770.gif
    kch50428 likes this.
    11-02-2013 12:50 AM
    USA iPhones never have them.

Use an earring, buy one, use another sim tool or a paper clip.
    nikkisharif likes this.
    11-02-2013 06:14 PM
    I'll sell you mine. I've got some spares
    11-02-2013 07:17 PM
    All models I have purchases in canada, Rogers bell and telus multiple of each all had the sim remover tool, must be the USA version which doesn't come with it.
    11-03-2013 12:03 AM
    I actually think that the SIM tool is necessary regardless if you have an unlocked or carrier iPhone. Example, I'm with Verizon. Was using a BlackBerry Z10 when I decided to get the 5s. After a few days I wasn't really liking the iPhone. Using Verizon's website, I switched devices which requires you to enter the SIM # to activate the phone. Well, a few days later decided to give the iPhone another chance (so happy I did, now that I'm use to the 5s it's amazing). When I went to switch on the website I needed the SIM # from the iPhone, but the phone needs to turned off to switch. So you need to open the drawer to get to the SIM. I just used a paper clip. You can call me Bond, James Bond

Sent from my iPhone 5s on Verizon from Philly.
    11-03-2013 12:14 AM
    I actually think that the SIM tool is necessary regardless if you have an unlocked or carrier iPhone. Example, I'm with Verizon. Was using a BlackBerry Z10 when I decided to get the 5s. After a few days I wasn't really liking the iPhone. Using Verizon's website, I switched devices which requires you to enter the SIM # to activate the phone. Well, a few days later decided to give the iPhone another chance (so happy I did, now that I'm use to the 5s it's amazing). When I went to switch on the website I needed the SIM # from the iPhone, but the phone needs to turned off to switch. So you need to open the drawer to get to the SIM. I just used a paper clip. You can call me Bond, James Bond.
    I don’t disagree with anything you said... but what I reported was what the guy at the Genius Bar told me. Take it for what it’s worth.
    11-03-2013 01:14 AM
    I bought my phone from carrier and my 5S came with sim-tool. Then again that was not in US, so it might be different there.
    11-03-2013 02:47 AM
    I dont disagree with anything you said... but what I reported was what the guy at the Genius Bar told me. Take it for what its worth.
    No worries, it makes sense from Apple's point of view and even the carrier's point of view. But as a consumer, it's simple we should get the tool. My comment wasn't directed at you, sorry if you took it that way

11-03-2013 10:34 AM
    No worries, it makes sense from Apple's point of view and even the carrier's point of view. But as a consumer, it's simple we should get the tool. My comment wasn't directed at you, sorry if you took it that way

I didn't. Just clarifying.

I can’t imagine that those tools cost more than a fraction of a penny to product... would be a nice gesture on Apple's part to include one... especially since the original iPhone had them all the way up to at least the 3GS. But it’s a nit. It’s not like anyone is majorly inconvenienced because they don’t give you one...
    11-03-2013 10:41 AM
    We just received my wife's unlocked 5s. I was expecting to see a sim removal tool, but there wasn't one. Is this normal for the TMO unlocked phones?
    Apple told me that they stopped including the SIM eject tool after the 4S.
    11-03-2013 06:40 PM
    On launch day at the Verizon store (iphone 5s 64g) the included SIM card would not activate, they had to try 3 SIM cards before it would work, an included tool would have come in handy that day.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk
    11-03-2013 09:05 PM
    Paper clips works but make sure they are small enough. My coworker scratched up the hole on his iPhone using a paperclip that was too big. The ear ring trick works great. I have collected about 10 SIM eject tools over the years. Always have one handy.
    11-03-2013 09:08 PM
53 123