iPhone 5s Storage Capacity

anon4757448

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
I only need the 16. I may switch to 32 next time around but I know I would have so much unused space. 64 is not an option for me...at least not now.

Sent from somewhere around here using my iPhone 5S

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I wanted at most a 32 but the 64 was the only one available. I'm happy with it not worrying about running out of storage. But having a 64 iPhone makes me get more apps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
It's good to hear that. But I do see 16gb sold for 425$ to 400$ after today's research. Well it will come down to last sec decision for when I see the green light showing available 32gb.

Sure, you're going to see instances of higher and lower costs vs. the average...there were a couple of 32GB's that were selling on eBay with about a day left that were close to the $500 mark, but there were also several in that range that were not selling. The average was in the $450 range, those were selling every single time. Looking and high and low costs on year old iPhone's is a bit misleading, and can make you think that the value is higher than it actually is...for example, on my local CL, there's a few 16GB models that are asking $500 for them...for a 16GB. They'll never get it, even new in the package, but they're still asking it, and it would make someone who quickly glances at CL that THAT is the pricing people are asking (because the two were near the top).

You know why you see more of those high or low prices on the sites? Because they don't sell or there is something wrong with the device. The average priced iPhone's sell and the listings are taken down.

km12345

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
Sure, you're going to see instances of higher and lower costs vs. the average...there were a couple of 32GB's that were selling on eBay with about a day left that were close to the $500 mark, but there were also several in that range that were not selling. The average was in the $450 range, those were selling every single time. Looking and high and low costs on year old iPhone's is a bit misleading, and can make you think that the value is higher than it actually is...for example, on my local CL, there's a few 16GB models that are asking $500 for them...for a 16GB. They'll never get it, even new in the package, but they're still asking it, and it would make someone who quickly glances at CL that THAT is the pricing people are asking (because the two were near the top).

You know why you see more of those high or low prices on the sites? Because they don't sell or there is something wrong with the device. The average priced iPhone's sell and the listings are taken down.

Yes I get all that but I do look at sale ended already listings. I don't believe too much in CL prices but it does give me a rough estimate. Prices i quote were of eBay already ended sales for att iPhone 5.

Anyways I got a 32gb now, just need to pick that baby up. Now gotta make a decision on case.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Yes I get all that but I do look at sale ended already listings. I don't believe too much in CL prices but it does give me a rough estimate. Prices i quote were of eBay already ended sales for att iPhone 5.

Anyways I got a 32gb now, just need to pick that baby up. Now gotta make a decision on case.

Bottom line is, there is no significant value savings getting the 16GB over the 32GB, they are almost mirror images across the board after a year on the market.

km12345

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
Bottom line is, there is no significant value savings getting the 16GB over the 32GB, they are almost mirror images across the board after a year on the market.

Terrific! 2nd good news for today! Hehe gonna take a drive to get it soon. I can't wait.

JOEY NEAT

Apr 16, 2009
Visit site
I always go for the 64 Gig. I have the 5s since launch day, I have about 28 gigs filled at present. When I got the 5 last year Best Buy only had a 32 gig in stock, I took and exchanged in the 14 day period because I was coming close to filling it. I use Icloud and Dropbox as well but like to physically have my music, files and photo's on the device.

Riley2521

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
I got a 16, but I'm kicking myself. I totally should have gotten a 32GB. I don't keep that much on the device, but I do use alot of apps.

Chris Cook5

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
When I ordered mine from AT&T the sales rep said Apple recommends 32gb because of ios7.0 size & if you do alot of music & games. I've had a 16gb 3s & 4s before. Was the lady right on 32gb

EpicRavensFan

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
This is onlyy second iPhone. I come from using android phones and was used to having all of my pics, videos, and music on an external sd card. I had a 16 gig 5 and I constantly was running out of room. I wanted a 64 gig this time around and couldn't find one in stock. I was cruising cl and found a 64 gig for $525 and since I was buying off contract that beat $900 at a retail store. I thought it was a scam or too good to be true. The guy had bought on contract for 400 and figured he was making out selling for $525. Needless to say we both ended up happy. I didn't even haggle with him about the price. I was able to sell my 5 for $300.

JOEY NEAT

Apr 16, 2009
Visit site
This is onlyy second iPhone. I come from using android phones and was used to having all of my pics, videos, and music on an external sd card. I had a 16 gig 5 and I constantly was running out of room. I wanted a 64 gig this time around and couldn't find one in stock. I was cruising cl and found a 64 gig for $525 and since I was buying off contract that beat $900 at a retail store. I thought it was a scam or too good to be true. The guy had bought on contract for 400 and figured he was making out selling for $525. Needless to say we both ended up happy. I didn't even haggle with him about the price. I was able to sell my 5 for $300.

That is a score!

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I find myself buying more movies and tv shows from iTunes that I like to have loaded on my phone along with my music.
I returned my 32GB 5S so I can get a 64GB. I'd rather be on the safe side. Just waiting for a day to just go pick one up.

Not having unlimited data for cellular is a huge factor. Otherwise, I'd just stream all my content since I don't have Wifi
available everywhere.

Motorbones

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
I agree with the sentiment that if you are OK with spending the extra $100, get the 32. My last one had 32gb, but I got 64 this time simply because it's a reasonable up-front cost and if I do ever need the extra memory, it's there and I don't have to make any decisions based on available memory and I won't have to sweat replacing the phone to get it. Also, let's face it, more and larger apps wil be coming out over time and the extra memory lends itself more to the future. There's a reason 8gb was once offered, but not any more... In 2-4 years, 16gb phones will disappear as well.

jmr1015

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
I had the 16gb iPhone 4... I ran out of space. On the plus side, having to actively manage my content on my i4 helped me recognize things that were just a waste of space... Apps I never used after the first time. Music I never listened to. etc etc...

I decided to get the 32gb for my 5S. I wanted the 64gb... but I couldn't justify the extra $100 in my mind, knowing that I was able to make a 16gb work for me for 3 years. We'll see how the next few years go, but I think 32gb will serve me well.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
At this time, 16 GBs is more than sufficient for me, at least in regard to my iPhone. I only keep apps that I frequently use on it. Now on an iPad, I would prefer 32 GBs or more because I would store a great deal of games on it that my youngest son likes to play....:)

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I went 32 on all my prior models, and found myself running out of space this last time around, so I got 64Gb on my 5S. I deliberately only sync about a month at a time back once I sync to iPhoto, but I also back things up to Dropbox and delete stupid things later. I knew that a better camera was going to warrant more space for any photos I did take. Esp with burst mode being so easy to overdo.

zeteo

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I sold my 5 - 64 gig to Gazelle in like new condition for $345.00. I still have trouble sitting down! In the meantime I have been using a Blackberry Q10. Today I finally got to order a 5s - 64. I am disabled and can not read so I use a lot of audio books. I have always used 64 gig. Looking forward to the phones arrival on Friday or Monday.

solitude1984

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
For me it's 64 for sure. If they would have come out with 128 I would have gotten that. I record very long meetings at work with my phone and, until I'm able to delete them, they take up a lot of space.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

On order: Gold iPhone 5s 64GB
Ordered: September 20, 11am PST

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234