Bottom line is, there is no significant value savings getting the 16GB over the 32GB, they are almost mirror images across the board after a year on the market.
    Terrific! 2nd good news for today! Hehe gonna take a drive to get it soon. I can't wait.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    10-09-2013 09:44 AM
    I always go for the 64 Gig. I have the 5s since launch day, I have about 28 gigs filled at present. When I got the 5 last year Best Buy only had a 32 gig in stock, I took and exchanged in the 14 day period because I was coming close to filling it. I use Icloud and Dropbox as well but like to physically have my music, files and photo's on the device.
    10-09-2013 11:15 AM
    I got a 16, but I'm kicking myself. I totally should have gotten a 32GB. I don't keep that much on the device, but I do use alot of apps.
    10-09-2013 12:49 PM
    When I ordered mine from AT&T the sales rep said Apple recommends 32gb because of ios7.0 size & if you do alot of music & games. I've had a 16gb 3s & 4s before. Was the lady right on 32gb
    10-09-2013 01:01 PM
    This is onlyy second iPhone. I come from using android phones and was used to having all of my pics, videos, and music on an external sd card. I had a 16 gig 5 and I constantly was running out of room. I wanted a 64 gig this time around and couldn't find one in stock. I was cruising cl and found a 64 gig for $525 and since I was buying off contract that beat $900 at a retail store. I thought it was a scam or too good to be true. The guy had bought on contract for 400 and figured he was making out selling for $525. Needless to say we both ended up happy. I didn't even haggle with him about the price. I was able to sell my 5 for $300.
    10-09-2013 01:08 PM
    This is onlyy second iPhone. I come from using android phones and was used to having all of my pics, videos, and music on an external sd card. I had a 16 gig 5 and I constantly was running out of room. I wanted a 64 gig this time around and couldn't find one in stock. I was cruising cl and found a 64 gig for $525 and since I was buying off contract that beat $900 at a retail store. I thought it was a scam or too good to be true. The guy had bought on contract for 400 and figured he was making out selling for $525. Needless to say we both ended up happy. I didn't even haggle with him about the price. I was able to sell my 5 for $300.
    That is a score!
    Rocket_Girl likes this.
    10-09-2013 01:58 PM
    64GB for me...I have lots of music & I like to keep hard copies of frequently used work materials at hand in case data or wifi don't work that well (seems like I end up in BFE very often LOL)
    MORE memory is ALWAYS better. (Double bonus points for a BFE reference!)
    nikkisharif likes this.
    10-09-2013 02:19 PM
    I find myself buying more movies and tv shows from iTunes that I like to have loaded on my phone along with my music.
    I returned my 32GB 5S so I can get a 64GB. I'd rather be on the safe side. Just waiting for a day to just go pick one up.

Not having unlimited data for cellular is a huge factor. Otherwise, I'd just stream all my content since I don't have Wifi
    available everywhere.
    10-09-2013 02:24 PM
    I agree with the sentiment that if you are OK with spending the extra $100, get the 32. My last one had 32gb, but I got 64 this time simply because it's a reasonable up-front cost and if I do ever need the extra memory, it's there and I don't have to make any decisions based on available memory and I won't have to sweat replacing the phone to get it. Also, let's face it, more and larger apps wil be coming out over time and the extra memory lends itself more to the future. There's a reason 8gb was once offered, but not any more... In 2-4 years, 16gb phones will disappear as well.
    Rocket_Girl and nikkisharif like this.
    10-09-2013 02:42 PM
    Had a 32GB 4S, and only 11GB left. I did clean up apps I no longer used, but decided on the 64GB 5S. It was worth it.
    10-09-2013 06:27 PM
    I had the 16gb iPhone 4... I ran out of space. On the plus side, having to actively manage my content on my i4 helped me recognize things that were just a waste of space... Apps I never used after the first time. Music I never listened to. etc etc...

I decided to get the 32gb for my 5S. I wanted the 64gb... but I couldn't justify the extra $100 in my mind, knowing that I was able to make a 16gb work for me for 3 years. We'll see how the next few years go, but I think 32gb will serve me well.
    10-09-2013 08:08 PM
    At this time, 16 GBs is more than sufficient for me, at least in regard to my iPhone. I only keep apps that I frequently use on it. Now on an iPad, I would prefer 32 GBs or more because I would store a great deal of games on it that my youngest son likes to play....
    10-09-2013 08:19 PM
    I went 32 on all my prior models, and found myself running out of space this last time around, so I got 64Gb on my 5S. I deliberately only sync about a month at a time back once I sync to iPhoto, but I also back things up to Dropbox and delete stupid things later. I knew that a better camera was going to warrant more space for any photos I did take. Esp with burst mode being so easy to overdo.
    10-09-2013 08:34 PM
    I sold my 5 - 64 gig to Gazelle in like new condition for $345.00. I still have trouble sitting down! In the meantime I have been using a Blackberry Q10. Today I finally got to order a 5s - 64. I am disabled and can not read so I use a lot of audio books. I have always used 64 gig. Looking forward to the phones arrival on Friday or Monday.
    nikkisharif likes this.
    10-09-2013 09:37 PM
    For me it's 64 for sure. If they would have come out with 128 I would have gotten that. I record very long meetings at work with my phone and, until I'm able to delete them, they take up a lot of space.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

On order: Gold iPhone 5s 64GB
    Ordered: September 20, 11am PST
    nikkisharif likes this.
    10-10-2013 06:00 AM
    Edit: Oops wrong thread for this post.
    Last edited by solitude1984; 10-10-2013 at 08:20 AM.
    10-10-2013 06:59 AM
    I have has 64 for 4s, 5, and 5s. I am a just in case-er: would rather have the space than give one second of thought to how much space I have left. I would have gone for 32 this time, but on launch-Monday, it was a 64 that popped up as 'available for pickup today' so I grabbed it. I am crazy about this camera, and I never delete any off it other than the rejects.

As for the question about 16 vs 32 (or any size) for resale, there's this: are you buying the phone to re-sell it or to USE it? I mean - it's great to have re-sale market and a plus to know you can sell down the line, but it the phone still has to be what you need and will use while YOU have it. So, if you want 16, buy 16 and if you want 32, buy that. Is buying 16 b/c it might hold $20 more in value vs a 32 a year later really worth it? If you need 32, is it worth it to drive yourself crazy for a stop-loss of $20 to live within 16 for a whole year? You might be "saving" a few bucks, but you're literally getting less value from what you DO spend- is that kind of experience-loss worth a lousy 20 bucks?

Like buying one car over another to sell it later. "Holds resale value" is great and all, but you still have to drive it EVERY DAY until you sell it. And if the better re-seller is the car you hate to drive, you may be "losing less" when you sell it later, but man, you also get less value from what you spend to HAVE it in the meantime.

Realtors say this often: buying a house is least about selling it. It's about LIVING in it. Buy the one that has the most value *for you* for every day that YOU have it. Whatever you can get in resale is gravy.
    solitude1984 and nikkisharif like this.
    10-10-2013 07:01 AM
    32gb is the sweet spot for me. I typically use under 16 gb, but there are occasions where I need to record videos in my iphone and those files are huge! 9gb for a 45-minute clip! Import it into iMovie for iPhone and that's another 9gb taken up!
    10-13-2013 10:50 PM
    I have gone with the 32GB variant every year since the iPhone 4...64GB is useless to me because between iCloud and 32GB, I never even come close to hitting my max...that would present an option to the 16GB to some, but I have found that with all of my installed apps, even if I were to remove my music that is stored on the phone, I didn't have enough storage to feel comfortable with 16GB because of one thing, and that is taking a metric TON of pictures and videos.

This last baseball season alone we went to about 25 Braves games (and one Giants game, lol!)...I have about 200 pictures of JUST baseball stuff...about 20 of those are panoramic pictures, and sprinkled in there is about a dozen or so HD videos of various things at the ball park. That's just baseball...that accounts for about 20% of my pictures, lol.

With that kind of usage, and the fact that I never delete my stuff after I move it to my computer (for what reason I honestly do not know), I usually sit right at 20-25GB of used storage on my phone throughout the year. Taking into account the OS usage, I have about 5-7GB worth of free storage at any given time. I'm comfortable with that.
    I completely forgot about my pics until I read your comment. Like you, I don't delete my pics after I import them to iPhoto either. I'm scared I may need 1 of them at any given moment LOL. They take up a ton of space
    10-15-2013 05:33 PM
    I was originally thinking about getting a 32gb as I've always done in the past due to having external memory option, however after reading and doing research, I'm leaning towards the 64gb iphone (GOLD). I like to keep hard copies of everything, somewhat of a tech horder...SMILE. This is why I do RESEARCH, nobody to blame but myself...HAHaHa
    nikkisharif likes this.
    10-15-2013 05:48 PM
    I was going for the 32 this time. The store only had a silver 64 though so I got that instead. Looks like I will keep a lot more pics on the phone now.
    10-15-2013 06:15 PM
    How many songs can be stored on the phone w/ 64gig? I'm wondering because iTunes didnt let all the music I wanted synced on the phone. Perhaps I did something wrong - as I'm new to the iPhone. Thanks for any intel.
    05-20-2014 12:43 PM
    I picked up the 16. Big mistake. It seems that the 32 is just right for my needs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ladyc0524 likes this.
    05-20-2014 07:37 PM
    How many songs can be stored on the phone w/ 64gig? I'm wondering because iTunes didnt let all the music I wanted synced on the phone. Perhaps I did something wrong - as I'm new to the iPhone. Thanks for any intel.
    I have 3384 songs on mine that take up 17.4 GB

Sent from my iPhone 5S or Jailbroken 5th gen iPod Touch using Tapatalk
    05-20-2014 11:02 PM
    Cloud storage for music (Google Play is pretty good IMO) and Spotify. I have 4K+ songs in my iTunes and it's basically all on my phone and I have 8.3GB remaining (on a 16GB phone).

Sent from my Gold iPhone 5S using Tapatalk
    05-21-2014 09:50 AM
59 123