Success Story - Finally!!

jburke82

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
So as I have stated a few times on the forum, my girlfriend ordered her 5s via Verizon on September 22nd, was promised a delivery date of no later than the 25th, and was then notified she wouldn't receive the device until the end of October. Well since then, her current phone has literally crapped the bed...she could no longer call or even make texts. Because of this, I have been calling all over the area pretty much daily to find a 5s.

Well, we finally did! At a Best Buy in Delaware. I begged the rep to put my name on one, and he actually did! We got there, and there was a long line; had to wait about an hour, but then she was finally able to use her brand new 5s!

I must say, this thing is sharp!! I have a black 5, and I think the black on black is really sexy...but the space gray/gun metal on black looks amazing!! I felt bad because I kept trying to play with the phone while she was trying to get it set up and get acquainted! And now I am jealous!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
(laughing)....It's all good my friend..:)...So, how long will it be before you get your own 5S?

jburke82

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
(laughing)....It's all good my friend..:)...So, how long will it be before you get your own 5S?

Haha, I am holding out. I am perfectly content with my 5, and can't wait to see what comes down the road next year from Apple. Until then, I am good to go! That being said...the fingerprint scanner is pretty cool!

JakePleasants

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
You'll end up with a 5S soon enough! Holding out only works for so long and then you'll pick up the 5S and never put it down. I'm posting from mine now. I had to pay the full $849 for mine to keep my unlimited data on Verizon as I use about 6GBs per month and while the price was definitely steep and I would have preferred to pay the upgrade price, it was worth every penny. It's just an awesome phone from top to bottom.

jburke82

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
You'll end up with a 5S soon enough! Holding out only works for so long and then you'll pick up the 5S and never put it down. I'm posting from mine now. I had to pay the full $849 for mine to keep my unlimited data on Verizon as I use about 6GBs per month and while the price was definitely steep and I would have preferred to pay the upgrade price, it was worth every penny. It's just an awesome phone from top to bottom.

Yea, I'm sure soon enough I will get the urge!

km12345

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
Just swap with ur wife when she is not looking. Maybe she won't notice the difference. Just think i6 will be better and maybe less wait.

ninjamattic

Oct 25, 2009
Visit site
I got lucky last week and called an AT&T store near me. They told me they were out of stock, and after having unsuccessfully visited another store, I called again, and a manager picked up. I explained my journey of a thousand hops to him, and he did a quick search and found a single 32GB Space Grey 5S that had somehow missed detection earlier. I've never driven so fast in my life. He was good enough to hold it for me. Yay for good fortune!

TheRewardisCheese

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
So as I have stated a few times on the forum, my girlfriend ordered her 5s via Verizon on September 22nd, was promised a delivery date of no later than the 25th, and was then notified she wouldn't receive the device until the end of October. Well since then, her current phone has literally crapped the bed...she could no longer call or even make texts. Because of this, I have been calling all over the area pretty much daily to find a 5s.

Well, we finally did! At a Best Buy in Delaware. I begged the rep to put my name on one, and he actually did! We got there, and there was a long line; had to wait about an hour, but then she was finally able to use her brand new 5s!

I must say, this thing is sharp!! I have a black 5, and I think the black on black is really sexy...but the space gray/gun metal on black looks amazing!! I felt bad because I kept trying to play with the phone while she was trying to get it set up and get acquainted! And now I am jealous!

Glad you were able to score one finally. Sometimes persistence (over patience) is rewarded :)

jburke82

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Just swap with ur wife when she is not looking. Maybe she won't notice the difference. Just think i6 will be better and maybe less wait.

It's funny...I actually joked with her about that. BUT...she is on Verizon and I am on AT&T :(

Day one she wouldn't have noticed...but now she is in love with the phone and can't put it down. Haha

jburke82

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I got lucky last week and called an AT&T store near me. They told me they were out of stock, and after having unsuccessfully visited another store, I called again, and a manager picked up. I explained my journey of a thousand hops to him, and he did a quick search and found a single 32GB Space Grey 5S that had somehow missed detection earlier. I've never driven so fast in my life. He was good enough to hold it for me. Yay for good fortune!

I hear ya! The store that had them is about 25 minutes away, so I called the guy 3 times to make sure he had it waiting for me and to let him know we were on the way. The last thing I wanted was to get there and have them already sold it!

jburke82

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Glad you were able to score one finally. Sometimes persistence (over patience) is rewarded :)

Thanks! Yea, I wouldn't have been calling around (basically) every day except for the fact that her current phone was just breaking down daily. Once her messages we no longer accessible, I knew we couldn't wait until the end of the month.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen