Hi,

It seems that Siri is quite often unable to take requests. What's up with it? Am I the only one with this problem? Have I upset Siri in someway, was it something I said? On a serious note though why is this happening frequently? Does this happen on a regular basis?
    10-07-2013 02:23 AM
    Request such as what? Siri has been doing pretty well for me so far.
    10-07-2013 02:24 AM
    What happens is I ask Siri for anything it can do. For example directions to a place. What happens then is Siri just sits there spinning, then after about a minute or so says "I'm terribly sorry, but I can't take requests right now. Please try again later," This seems to be happening frequently.
    10-07-2013 02:36 AM
    I've had this happen quite a few times, I think it has something to do with either connection issues or maybe server issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    10-07-2013 03:29 AM
    I've seen Siri "pondering" for a while, but with iOS 7 it's about 99% accuracy, even in noisy situations. But to stay on subject - when that happened (pre ios7), I give her 3 seconds to respond, then ask again and at that point she responds right away. For reference I use Siri on my iPad 3, my phone is still a 3GS.
    10-07-2013 03:42 AM
    Hi,

It seems that Siri is quite often unable to take requests. What's up with it? Am I the only one with this problem? Have I upset Siri in someway, was it something I said? On a serious note though why is this happening frequently? Does this happen on a regular basis?
    Does this happen in a particular location, or anywhere?
    10-07-2013 06:01 AM
    No particular area, and happens on both wifi and cellular.
    10-07-2013 07:10 AM
    This happens to me quite a bit too. I travel between Omaha and Lincoln NE every week and both have strong 4g.
    10-07-2013 08:23 AM
    Siri is a network reliant feature, and unfortunately when the network is overwhelmed or being serviced, Siri will effectively shut down (or at the very least, become less responsive than normal). This isn't surprising after a major release for a few reasons...one being the fact that so many new devices are being activated on the networks, so Siri is taking a big traffic surge, but there's also the fact that there is probably a pretty close update coming to iOS 7 to alleviate some of the bugs people have been experiencing across the spectrum...this will probably also bring some functionality improvements to Siri, which requires maintenance on the network to implement.

This is nothing to be worried about, and happens sporadically throughout the year.
    10-07-2013 08:42 AM
    I have this happen quite frequently, if I'm leaving home and am at a distance where I've gone just far enough to be out of Wi-Fi range while the phone is processing the request. Seems that siri doesn't handle switching from Wi-Fi to 3G/LTE during a request well.
    10-07-2013 08:51 AM
    This has been happening to me quite a bit as well. It all started with ios7 (with all betas and gold). Even setting something as simple as the alarm, sometimes it just sits there and spins to then tell me "unable to process..etc) - so I have to ask again (this is on wifi). Hopefully it gets fixed with an update.

10-07-2013 09:59 AM
    Personally, I find Siri to be more reliable now than ever before. It did stall on my once or twice the other day, but that was about it. A subsequent attempt proved successful.
    10-07-2013 10:07 AM
    It does seem kind of odd. I've been having the same issue except i could ask Siri to do something locally like play a certain song or open a certain app, or even create events on my calendar and sometimes i get the unavailable response.

Kinda' Odd. Technology i guess. ;p
    10-07-2013 09:35 PM
    Today (10/7/13) was exceptionally bad. Siri pretty much couldn't take any request at least not on the first try. Sometimes on the second or third time, and even then waiting 30 seconds+ for a response it would work. Almost every first time it just sat there and gave the sorry I can't take requests message. I was on cellular pretty much the whole day. My carrier is AT&T and everytime I made a request I had near full bars LTE coverage.
    10-07-2013 11:30 PM
    Hi,

This happens on our 5s occasionally, too. But I find it is because I did not pronounce something clearly enough or because the signal strength was weak. Most of the time she works as long as I talk to her clearly, but sometimes she just wants to take a break. When I was running the iOS beta, it happened a lot more often, but on the official build it seems to only happen because of my fault.
    10-08-2013 12:09 AM
    Today (10/7/13) was exceptionally bad. Siri pretty much couldn't take any request at least not on the first try. Sometimes on the second or third time, and even then waiting 30 seconds+ for a response it would work. Almost every first time it just sat there and gave the sorry I can't take requests message. I was on cellular pretty much the whole day. My carrier is AT&T and everytime I made a request I had near full bars LTE coverage.
    When I said network reliant, I wasn't specifically saying your carrier network...and while Siri does require a good cellular network connection to function well (or WiFi), the network that really causes issues to Siri is it's OWN individual network. Siri works almost flawlessly for me, but today, just for the hell of it, I asked it to find a CVS that is right down the road from me...I got the "Not available" prompt which never happens...so there has to be some kind of service or outage on Apple's end causing this.
    10-08-2013 01:15 PM
    I haven't really had any network issues so far on iOS 7 with Siri. Now that it works even better, I find myself using it a lot more.
    It has been near flawless for me. The best thing is Siri understanding your speech much better.
    10-08-2013 01:36 PM
    sometimes have the same issue with siri
    10-08-2013 02:22 PM

Hehehe what a wisenheimer

LazyStarGazer likes this.
    10-10-2013 02:08 PM