Anyone else frustrated with Apple's inability to meet demands?

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
The 4S sold 4mil the first four days. The iPhone 5 sold 5 mil first three days. The 5S sold 9mil first three days. Based in these numbers I can understand how Apple underestimated the demand for the 5S. The sales for the 5 to 5s almost doubled on opening weekends. Who can really forecast that.

Faster chip, updated camera, Touch ID, new colors. Apple May have thought these improvement would not create a demand to justify triple or quadruple initial production over the weekend sales of the iPhone 5. We can discuss business models and economics but it could be just as simple as who knew?

I don't believe there is a inability to meet demand Apple did what most companies would do based on their last year opening sales of 5 mil. Lets tack on another 4 plus mil for the 5S. If we sell 6 mil opening weekend we'll have another 3 mil to sell while we are producing more.

Seems like a lot of people switched from Android and then there are those who upgraded early after getting the 5 last year. Then there are people who were eligible for a upgrade. Then people like myself who had the 4S weren't eligible for a upgrade but wanted the 5s anyway.
Throw all these factors together along with some other factors and we have unusual demand like the Perfect Storm scenario.

ankush77

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
i think they did not expect such huge nos ,still commendable work that they are working fast for the supply chain thing

km12345

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
Work conditions is a whole other subject. They could have set back the launch date if they were so behind. It's true they want to keep people in desperation mode as a strategy to keep high demand as a constant for 4 to 5 months.

I wish I was close enough to apple store to hang out in front before every opening. The best I can do is constantly check the website. The staff at the apple store told me its best to check website early every morning. Perhaps certain regions do it differently.

I also wouldn't mind ordering to ship to my home but as I spoke to Apple they told me clearly that they have no idea when it will actually be shipped and so it could be a 2 month wait easily.

As to why I said iphone 5 is better than 5c because i get to keep my upgrade availability for iPhone 6. Also the specs between 5 and 5c are not significant enough to matter.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

joshrocker

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
The 5S sold 9mil first three days.

Correction, the 5s AND 5c sold 9 million devices in 3 days. Apple didn't include a breakdown on how many of each device was sold. However with the amount of 5S's available we know that 5c is responsible for a good portion of those sales. It's impressive to be sure but I'm guessing the number will be around 5 million 5S's once the breakdown is released. If the rumors of Apple counting 5C's sitting on shelves (that they sold to retailers but retailers didn't actually sell) then that number could actually be lower.

Anyway, I'm a fan of Apple products and I'd be even a bigger fan if I could get a new iphone in my grubby little hands [BOX]:cool:[/BOX]

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Correction, the 5s AND 5c sold 9 million devices in 3 days. Apple didn't include a breakdown on how many of each device was sold. However with the amount of 5S's available we know that 5c is responsible for a good portion of those sales. It's impressive to be sure but I'm guessing the number will be around 5 million 5S's once the breakdown is released. If the rumors of Apple counting 5C's sitting on shelves (that they sold to retailers but retailers didn't actually sell) then that number could actually be lower.

Anyway, I'm a fan of Apple products and I'd be even a bigger fan if I could get a new iphone in my grubby little hands [BOX]:cool:[/BOX]

While Apple hasn’t confirmed the numbers, the media reports consistently report 78% of those 9 million sales were the 5S. That’s 7.9 million iPhone 5S (and 1.1 million 5C).

Last edited:

mrluky60

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
i have a 32gb that a bought from t mobile last sunday , and i went to the apple store and got apple care for 99 dollars space grey , you can have it for the 750.00 that a got it for.

jefftam68

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
I can't see a company giving you a discount because they just can't pump the things out quick enough to meet demand. Seems like they can make as much money as they want. Need more cash? Make more devices. By giving you a discount because you have to wait is kinda silly. If you don't like it, go buy a BlackBerry. Better phone and no wait. AND, it actually lets you put attachments in emails...

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I can't see a company giving you a discount because they just can't pump the things out quick enough to meet demand. Seems like they can make as much money as they want. Need more cash? Make more devices. By giving you a discount because you have to wait is kinda silly. If you don't like it, go buy a BlackBerry. Better phone and no wait. AND, it actually lets you put attachments in emails...

BB a better phone? Yikes!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Caballera

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
I'm waiting on two 64GB iPhone 5s - Gold to replace my wife's and my iPhone 4s. However I expected the delay. It's going to be at least 3 weeks (2 weeks to go) till the orders come through. Can't wait. :) I don't blame Apple, I just believe it wasn't possible for them to keep up with demand. Plus it's a luxury item to me, it's not 'needed'.

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
I like the hype, & challenge of finding the device that I am looking for, fortunately for me Space Grey was the color I was looking for so it wasn't too difficult to find. Great for Apple that they are selling so many devices, great for us that Apple is turning a profit so they can make more iGoodies for us in the future.

metacuate

May 3, 2013
Visit site
I like the hype, & challenge of finding the device that I am looking for, fortunately for me Space Grey was the color I was looking for so it wasn't too difficult to find. Great for Apple that they are selling so many devices, great for us that Apple is turning a profit so they can make more iGoodies for us in the future.

I absolutely agree. The challenge of getting and the rarity of the Gold makes me want it more... and I will appreciate it more once it finally comes :-D

mpham2

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
Ok. I grabbed everyone's advice and walked into a best buy at opening. They had one silver
64 iPhone in stock. The only one there. Notice I said had? Answering on my new
iPhone 5S.

km12345

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
When I get my gold 5s, I am gonna get a gold chain attached to the holster with my 5s in it. Yeah well just having a lil fun. It ain't blinging but it would be funny.

Congrats on obtaining the inferior 5s! Hehe jk

km12345

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
I saw a 32gb gold become available but i need a 16gb so i let it go. Took like a min n its gone.

km12345

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
To my fellow gold seekers, looks like Verizon gold are becoming readily available so go get them.

AT&T not at all, sprint maybe a tiny bit. Hopefully more AT&T by weeks end

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR