All I want is a gray 32 and I'm still waiting. Everyone else is already talking about how great they are......
    Same here.

I'm in no rush- as soon as that iPhone tracker webpage lights up green, I'm gonna go to the mall.

The conspiracy theorist side of me thinks this was intentionally done to shut up the media saying that the iPhone was dead. Put out a limited supply initially, make the masses go crazy, let the media suck on that, give October or even December ship dates, and then open the floodgates to the supply. I think supply will open up either this week or next week and after that nobody will have a problem getting one.
    10-05-2013 07:27 PM
    Only releasing X amount of phones per year will always ensure that you sell out the first weekend. Just sayin
    opeycunningham likes this.
    10-05-2013 07:46 PM
    I have been contemplating on getting a 5 and preserve my upgrade for iPhone 6.
    If you can get your hands on a 5 or a 5c, it's not a bad idea. I've always purchased on every design change. Missing out on the 5 last year, I purchased one outright this year and I'm saving for the 6. The 5 is still a fantastic device. Best thing to do is to head into the store and use the 5c and compare it to the 5s, but I can't imagine that the wait will be outrageous.
    10-05-2013 08:39 PM
    Waiting is a pain, but it will be worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    10-05-2013 09:08 PM
    I can't imagine that the wait will be outrageous.
    Apparently the wait means it is a good thing. The longer the wait the better, right? Hehe

Yeah if I give up on the 5s, i will just get a 5. 5c is a waste of an upgrade.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    10-05-2013 10:19 PM
    Same here.

I'm in no rush- as soon as that iPhone tracker webpage lights up green, I'm gonna go to the mall.

The conspiracy theorist side of me thinks this was intentionally done to shut up the media saying that the iPhone was dead. Put out a limited supply initially, make the masses go crazy, let the media suck on that, give October or even December ship dates, and then open the floodgates to the supply. I think supply will open up either this week or next week and after that nobody will have a problem getting one.
    The "feeding frenzy" occurs with every new iPhone release... and for those that think this was contrived or manipulated shortage, think again. Apple sold 9 MILLION of them in the first weekend.
    Last edited by Fausty82; 10-05-2013 at 11:12 PM.
    jmr1015 and Alik Malix like this.
    10-05-2013 10:19 PM
    I'm guessing everyone saying it's no big deal was lucky enough to snag a their phone already

My biggest frustration is apple keeps adding new carriers when they can't supply the carriers they already have. If you can't produce enough phones to meet demand how do you keep coming up with phones to supply these new carriers? Either they're sold out or they're not. Apparently they're not really "sold out".
    10-05-2013 11:30 PM
    I'm guessing everyone saying it's no big deal was lucky enough to snag a their phone already

My biggest frustration is apple keeps adding new carriers when they can't supply the carriers they already have. If you can't produce enough phones to meet demand how do you keep coming up with phones to supply these new carriers? Either they're sold out or they're not. Apparently they're not really "sold out".
    Thumbs up!
    I like apple products but there are something's they need to fix.
    10-06-2013 12:04 AM
    Your title makes me laugh...Apple's "inability"? You're joking right? There are so many reasons why the iPhone is supplied the way it is...but one of the most obvious is the hype surrounding a "sell out". Ever been to a big sporting event? Not like your average baseball or football game, but a playoff game, primetime game or the like...they sell out, and they sell out QUICKLY. You know why they sell out that quickly? Because of hype. People know what games are popular, people know what games are big time...and even if they don't like the time particularly, the tickets sell out quicker than the networks can sell them off.

Hype.

Now don't get me wrong, the iPhone is, in my opinion, the best smart phone out there...it's an incredible device. The thing is though, things that are amazing don't always sell out just because they are great products...you can easily walk in a store and buy a Galaxy S or Note when they are released (or at least a few days afterwards), it doesn't mean they arnt really great products, it just means they don't have the same kind of following, the same kind of hype and the same kind of release magnitude.
    opeycunningham likes this.
    10-06-2013 12:14 AM

Look at it this way: You're Apple, selling the iPhone. You have retailers, like Best Buy and Radio Shack, and you have carriers, both moving mountains of inventory... you also have your own retail stores. Moving mountains of inventory. Then, you have individual consumers, ordering through your website. You don't have enough inventory to cover all your bases. Who gets shorted? The big dogs moving millions of dollars of product? When their bottom line (and satisfaction) is dependent on your ability to supply? Because if they don't have it, their customers will go somewhere else. Or maybe your own retail stores? Or would you pick the lesser of all evils, and short the little individual purchasers buying one phone each and wanting them delivered straight to their doorstep?

It's business. Contracts with retail businesses and carriers are worth millions upon millions of dollars over many years. They aren't the sort of people you leave high and dry if you don't absolutely have to... and Apple Stores get shipments daily.

Short answer: The phones are out there. They are in high demand. People are going to great lengths and paying over retail to acquire them. Their money is no different than your money. If the phone isn't coming to you, go find one. If you won't, someone else will.

I spent probably 17 hours spread over two days on my lap top, repeatedly searching and refreshing the inventory page of any Apple store in a 100 mile radius... and when one popped up as "Available Today for in-store pickup" and it was in the size I wanted, I clicked "Buy" and drove to get it. Didn't care how far. Luckily it happened to be only 30 miles, but I would have gone farther if necessary.
    Rocket_Girl likes this.
    10-06-2013 12:18 AM
    I am saying this because they have been in business for such a long time yet they keep failing in terms of anticipating demands and logistically to meet the needs of consumer. I will wait since my 3GS is okay but to have to keep refreshing availability for a gold 5s is getting silly.

I am wondering what the hell is apple doing to alleviate the huge lag in supplying the loyal consumers? No discount. No apologies. So far I only see a continued lag of supply every year.

Feel free to vent!

I got your "vent" right here...

This is true joy in life, the being used up for a purpose recognized by yourself as a mighty one; the being a force of nature instead of a feverish, selfish little clod of ailments and grievances complaining that the world will not devote itself to making you happy. ~ George Bernard Shaw
    anon4757448 likes this.
    10-06-2013 12:24 AM
    Jmr may I know what color you got or hope for?

Hype I do agree but to me Apple does not need hype to sell out. It's relevant but unnecessary.

I m curious though, how many 5s do they produce a day? When all said n done how many i5 did they sell vs this yr with 5s?
    10-06-2013 12:26 AM
    Thumbs up!
    I like apple products but there are something's they need to fix.
    What do they need to "fix"? Saying this implies that there is something wrong...and from Apple's stand point, there isn't anything wrong, in fact, quite the opposite.

Truthfully, the only thing that seems to need a "fix" here is the fact that you have yet to do what it takes to actually get your hands on the iPhone you want. I've been able to snag TWO gold iPhone 5S's since release date. Both of which were obtained through walk in sales...the first at Best Buy, the second at one of my local Apple Stores itself. Dumb luck? Maybe, but even still, each of those times I could have easily left with bags full of the other colors if I wanted them. The devices are out there, YOU are not doing everything you can to get one...and yet, Apple has the problem...that's what you're trying to tell us, huh? LOL! Comedy at it's best.

Also, who said anything about Apple NEEDING the hype? Of course they don't need it, but it's part of the very VAST and successful formula that every iPhone since inception has experienced. Why change what works so ridiculously well? You're implying that one of the things that helps sell the iPhone even better be changed? LOL...Apple is sure thankful you're just a consumer and not in their business development department.
    10-06-2013 12:29 AM
    I got your "vent" right here...

This is true joy in life, the being used up for a purpose recognized by yourself as a mighty one; the being a force of nature instead of a feverish, selfish little clod of ailments and grievances complaining that the world will not devote itself to making you happy. ~ George Bernard Shaw
    Haha It's not just me. Even if I was lucky enough to get a gold 5s, I would still see apple failing to meet supply. Sure there are lots of great reasons why, but unfortunately it's still the same thing. Yeah I vented and I only made it for others to have a lil venting fun with me. I don't expect Apple to make any changes. Maybe they do need hype to stay afloat. No one knows for sure.
    10-06-2013 12:33 AM
    Seanhcc where are u at n u should be happy for being lucky. I've tried for a week but will keep at it. I supposed I could camp at an apple store for 2 weeks straight. Hehe.

I've check out RadioShack, target, best buy, and Walmart. Call multiple times daily n on a list. No luck yet. Most them say they have not even seen a gold one. Maybe the sales ppl r smart n buy it n resell in eBay. Who knows?
    10-06-2013 12:39 AM
    Not sure if anyone has seen this link for checking apple's store current supply. I've used it to check on my 5s and it worked perfectly. Once I showed up at the store and told them they had one in stock, they were surprised lol. Check it out, it worked for me.

http://iphone-check.herokuapp.com

10-06-2013 12:46 AM
    Not sure if anyone has seen this link for checking apple store current supply. I've used to check on my 5s and worked perfectly. Once I showed up at the store an told them they had one in stock, they were surprised lol. Check it out, it worked for me.

http://iphone-check.herokuapp.com

Yeah I use this along with 3 others to check. Sometimes this link lag or delay, one time I saw green then went to buy but apple store didn't have. Went back n refresh this link n it still showing green.
    10-06-2013 12:49 AM
    Jmr may I know what color you got or hope for?
    My only requirements were: I wanted more than 16gb of storage, and I wanted to buy from the Apple Store. I ended up finding a 32gb Silver/White available for pickup at an Apple Store in a town north of me. But I would have taken any color, 32gb or 64gb, at any Apple store within a 2-hour drive.

Being picky, especially if you want Gold, is definitely going to impede most peoples ability to get the device. But when you finally succeed, your victory will taste that much sweeter. Patience and persistence are key.

I actually did come across a Gold 5S available on the Apple Store during my hunt, but it was the Unlocked version, and it was in another state... I would have had to pay full price. I didn't want gold that bad.
    km12345 likes this.
    10-06-2013 12:50 AM
    Jmr

Is there a reason why must buy fr apple store?

Yeah initially I didn't care which color. Then I heard black gets pretty smudgy and gold is looking classy. Therefore I decided to get gold and roll naked or clear case.
    10-06-2013 01:00 AM
    Seanhcc where are u at n u should be happy for being lucky. I've tried for a week but will keep at it. I supposed I could camp at an apple store for 2 weeks straight. Hehe.

I've check out RadioShack, target, best buy, and Walmart. Call multiple times daily n on a list. No luck yet. Most them say they have not even seen a gold one. Maybe the sales ppl r smart n buy it n resell in eBay. Who knows?
    I'm in Atlanta...and you can label my experience however you like...dumb luck, good timing, skillful shopping, etc...the fact is, it happened...twice.

You're visiting these retail stores that may very well have NOT seen any gold models. Why not go to the Apple store itself? The Apple store closest to me (one of four) said they've got gold iPhone 5S's every day in delivery since the release day...some days 1-2, some days a dozen or so...but some every day. Hell...Best Buy told me yesterday that NOBODY got gold iPhone's (even Apple) and that all the allotted devices were used to fill pre-orders...then I showed him my gold 5S and said "I went into Apple last weekend and got this as a walk in...", he walked away.

What's my point? You're going to the wrong place...and for some reason, you're blaming Apple because you've yet to get the iPhone you want. Just seems funny to me...Apple is doing something wrong because you're going to these chain retail stores that don't know their a$$es from a hole in the wall when it comes to this device. I mean you might as well go ask the janitor at Walmart what iPhone's are available, lol.

Get up tomorrow morning and hit your local Apple store a couple of hours early...see if you get a gold one. If not, try it again the next day...I'd be willing to put money on the fact that within this coming week, you'd have your phone in hand and all would be right with the world, lol.
    10-06-2013 01:06 AM
    Jmr

Yeah initially I didn't care which color. Then I heard black gets pretty smudgy and gold is looking classy. Therefore I decided to get gold and roll naked or clear case.
    You don't HAVE to buy from an Apple store...but Apple is going to have first dibs on the popular models, so you stand an INFINITELY better chance of getting the one you want directly from Apple vs. trying to use these retail chains.
    10-06-2013 01:07 AM
    Yes I know Apple gets theirs first that is why I go nonstop spam check them though I hate to admit it. Not gonna label your experience as anything. It could be in your area, it is closer to where they send there loads first who really knows. Basically many reasons to why so for you. You should not think that I'm not trying though. I know all is right with the world well sort of but it has nothing to do with Apple. I've rocked my 3GS this long. I may end up rocking it until i6 comes out.

10-06-2013 01:21 AM
    Yes I know Apple gets theirs first that is why I go nonstop spam check them though I hate to admit it. Not gonna label your experience as anything. It could be in your area, it is closer to where they send there loads first who really knows. Basically many reasons to why so for you. You should not think that I'm not trying though. I know all is right with the world well sort of but it has nothing to do with Apple. I've rocked my 3GS this long. I may end up rocking it until i6 comes out.

So you're saying you've gone to the Apple store multiple times and they've told you they haven't received any gold iPhone 5S's? Or are you going by one of those asinine online "stock counters" that are about as reliable as asking a dog if the Apple store has any stock? LOL...the website suggested on here earlier this week for "stock" estimates said that my local store had ZERO iPhone 5S's...the same day I looked, my neighbor went and bought two (for he and his wife) at the same store that apparently had none. Weird huh?
    10-06-2013 01:26 AM
    So you're saying you've gone to the Apple store multiple times and they've told you they haven't received any gold iPhone 5S's? Or are you going by one of those asinine online "stock counters" that are about as reliable as asking a dog if the Apple store has any stock? LOL...the website suggested on here earlier this week for "stock" estimates said that my local store had ZERO iPhone 5S's...the same day I looked, my neighbor went and bought two (for he and his wife) at the same store that apparently had none. Weird huh?
    No i don't just rely on those asinine links. I go thru apple app and apple website as well. I've also called and ask 2 stores several times. They told me that they get some gold but not much and usually gone quickly. I was told to best check early in the mornings. I do checks all thru out the day and night for a week now. I think I will keep at it for one more week and then after that I will move to plan B,C, and D.

10-06-2013 01:35 AM
    Jmr

I just prefer the Apple Store as an experience. It's nice to get hands-on time with the products... and the service, even when they are busy, is better than most other retailers when you are the only person in the store.

I'm in Atlanta...and you can label my experience however you like...dumb luck, good timing, skillful shopping, etc...the fact is, it happened...twice.

You're visiting these retail stores that may very well have NOT seen any gold models. Why not go to the Apple store itself? The Apple store closest to me (one of four) said they've got gold iPhone 5S's every day in delivery since the release day...some days 1-2, some days a dozen or so...but some every day. Hell...Best Buy told me yesterday that NOBODY got gold iPhone's (even Apple) and that all the allotted devices were used to fill pre-orders...then I showed him my gold 5S and said "I went into Apple last weekend and got this as a walk in...", he walked away.
    I was told at my local Apple stores that they aren't doing walk-ins for the 5S. Unless you count walking in and using their computers to still place your order on the website.
    10-06-2013 01:39 AM
85 1234