Any idea if shipping from china occurs during weekends for the 5s?

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys, I don't know if this is a dumb question but I just wanna know if in china they still work over the weekend and ship the iPhones.

I'm not sure wether they do, cause my order is still on processing items for the past 4 days

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Branta

Retired Network Moderator
Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
My experience of working on deployment in China is 7 day working for the workers, and 3 day working for the managers. If it has already been shipped you have a reasonable chance it is still moving with one of the couriers - in other words, stuck at an airport waiting for the next flight or a Customs clearance. Most of the carriers into "western" countries schedule their flights for delivery in the business week, so there is no flight Friday or Saturday night and they move everything overnight Sunday.

JOEY NEAT

Apr 16, 2009
Visit site
This waiting is killing you isn't it Sekelani?

Hey guys, I don't know if this is a dumb question but I just wanna know if in china they still work over the weekend and ship the iPhones.

I'm not sure wether they do, cause my order is still on processing items for the past 4 days

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
My experience of working on deployment in China is 7 day working for the workers, and 3 day working for the managers. If it has already been shipped you have a reasonable chance it is still moving with one of the couriers - in other words, stuck at an airport waiting for the next flight or a Customs clearance. Most of the carriers into "western" countries schedule their flights for delivery in the business week, so there is no flight Friday or Saturday night and they move everything overnight Sunday.

Oh. Thanks a lot for the feed back. I just didn't know what was going on with shipping tines etc. it's still on processing items.

Last edited:

km12345

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
No worries man, the longer it takes apparently is a good thing. Aim for 2 weeks to get your iphone. Maybe it may get there faster.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

solitude1984

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
No worries man, the longer it takes apparently is a good thing. Aim for 2 weeks to get your iphone. Maybe it may get there faster.

Two weeks from when? Friday was the two-week mark for me (since ordering), and I'm getting really impatient.

km12345

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
Hehe apparently most of the people here states that you gotta be patient. I am frustrated and getting annoyed as well. I am in the same boat. I didn't order online but i check their availability quite religiously. It seems they can't make gold 5s. LoL I mostly find grey n some silver. They also do not know gold demand is higher than before.

Anyways no point venting cause most people will give ya some snarky remark. It's best to forget about it. If you order it online to ship to your home, just check status once a week. If you check site to do pick up, either give up or bare the pain with me and keep it up until you say screw this. :)

km12345

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
I was saying that with sarcasm. In my other topic, some people were actually implying that. Some ppl said Like cuz apple sold 9 million, it means apple is doing things right n so wait is good therefore the longer the wait, the better apple is doing at their job.

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
Yeah. I've realized by waiting at the Apple store would be less trouble than the online order. I called Apple and she told me the online orders could take forever. She has no idea when it will ship. Then I called the Apple store and they told me they are getting stock tomorrow and I must call them tomorrow to see if they got stock. That option is much quicker

Sent from my GT-N7105 using iMore Forums mobile app

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
Yeah. I've realized by doing it at the Apple store would be less trouble than the online order. I called Apple and she told me the online orders could take forever. She has no idea when it will ship. The I called the Apple store and they told me they are getting stock tomorrow and I must call them tomorrow to see if they got stock. That option is much quicker

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lakeland Ghost