Gave in and got the 5S

evorc

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
I have upgraded every year to the latest iPhone but thought this year I should hold out. I had no intention to upgrade all along but when I got a quote for my iPhone 5 for trade in from Best Buy, I couldn't turn down the offer. I traded in my ATT 16gb for $345! I thought what a steal so I went ahead got the 5s. At the end, I walked out with a new space gray 5S and only costing me $50 (early upgrade and bbuy rewards certificates). I must say the 5S is well built. No manufacturing defects that I've experienced with the iPhone 5. The touch id and camera alone is worth the $50 I paid. Next year I will do the same for the iPhone 6 :).

Now the only thing missing is Jailbreak which sounds like it might get here before we know it ;).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

markhunsaker

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
I have upgraded every year to the latest iPhone but thought this year I should hold out. I had no intention to upgrade all along but when I got a quote for my iPhone 5 for trade in from Best Buy, I couldn't turn down the offer. I traded in my ATT 16gb for $345! I thought what a steal so I went ahead got the 5s. At the end, I walked out with a new space gray 5S and only costing me $50 (early upgrade and bbuy rewards certificates). I must say the 5S is well built. No manufacturing defects that I've experienced with the iPhone 5. The touch id and camera alone is worth the $50 I paid. Next year I will do the same for the iPhone 6 :).

Now the only thing missing is Jailbreak which sounds like it might get here before we know it ;).

Nicely done! Love it! I am looking forward to a jailbreak for one major app..."BiteSMS"

Sent from my iPhone 5S

kristopherlarry

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
Totally Understand How U Felt... My Problem Is No Store Around Me Has The 32g Version I Want & Need... Ordered From Apple & Now The Waiting Game Is Upon Me...

evorc

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
Totally Understand How U Felt... My Problem Is No Store Around Me Has The 32g Version I Want & Need... Ordered From Apple & Now The Waiting Game Is Upon Me...

Yeah it's tough skipping an upgrade when when you've own every iPhone! I thought I could do it lol. At the end of the day it's easy to upgrade every year if you knew how to sell or trade it in. Your wait should not be long, unless you're getting gold. My wait only took 6 days for best buy to order it in. Also, I checked every apple store today and most have the space grey in stock (Phoenix). Hopefully it's in your hands soon. I remember that excitement when I waited for my 5 for a week.

evorc

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I like to jailbreak for simple tweaks like bite SMS. Although, ios 7 is nice, there are some small things I would like to change that only JB can do :).

Nicely done! Love it! I am looking forward to a jailbreak for one major app..."BiteSMS"

Sent from my iPhone 5S

kristopherlarry

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
Yeah it's tough skipping an upgrade when when you've own every iPhone! I thought I could do it lol. At the end of the day it's easy to upgrade every year if you knew how to sell or trade it in. Your wait should not be long, unless you're getting gold. My wait only took 6 days for best buy to order it in. Also, I checked every apple store today and most have the space grey in stock (Phoenix). Hopefully it's in your hands soon. I remember that excitement when I waited for my 5 for a week.

Yeah... My Wife Only Lets Me Upgrade When I Sell My Old... Thats How I End Up Paying For It... & Yeah Im Silly... Waiting On Gold... Something Different... Excited I Am... Hopefully It Wont Be "Too" Long... 😕

Sent From The State Of Ohio...

evorc

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
Yeah... My Wife Only Lets Me Upgrade When I Sell My Old... Thats How I End Up Paying For It... & Yeah Im Silly... Waiting On Gold... Something Different... Excited I Am... Hopefully It Wont Be "Too" Long... 😕

Haha I hear you on that! I have to make sure I tell my wife that I sold my old one to cover the cost as well. I don't want to hear how I didn't need a new phone lol. Anyways, the gold is actually nice after I saw it in person. Definitely not feminine as I initially thought.

kristopherlarry

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
Haha I hear you on that! I have to make sure I tell my wife that I sold my old one to cover the cost as well. I don't want to hear how I didn't need a new phone lol. Anyways, the gold is actually nice after I saw it in person. Definitely not feminine as I initially thought.

Good To Know... I Was Hoping Not... I Figured It B N A Case Mostly Tho If So...

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site

That's what's up. 👍

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

barrcuda70

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
I also was going to hold out do to losing my unlimited data. I went into verizon and paid the upgrade fee since they bought my iphone 5 back and I still have my unlimited data.

EpicRavensFan

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
I'm in the same boat. Funny though she can buy purses that cost almost as much as a new phone and I can't say anything about that. Double standard.
Ha. I got you beat. I get to actually buy the expensive purses and hear the speeches about my electronics and phone fetishes. It sucks always having to have a buyer lined up for the old toy before I can purchase the new one.

JakePleasants

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
Yeah... My Wife Only Lets Me Upgrade When I Sell My Old... Thats How I End Up Paying For It... & Yeah Im Silly... Waiting On Gold... Something Different... Excited I Am... Hopefully It Wont Be "Too" Long... 

Glad to hear I'm not the only one that gets to hear that speech on a regular basis!

I'm in the same boat. Funny though she can buy purses that cost almost as much as a new phone and I can't say anything about that. Double standard.

Ain't that the truth lol.

Ha. I got you beat. I get to actually buy the expensive purses and hear the speeches about my electronics and phone fetishes. It sucks always having to have a buyer lined up for the old toy before I can purchase the new one.

Geez, you guys are making me glad I'm gay! :laughing: And also that we're both phone/tech addicts, we get to buy all fun tech stuff and no purses or makeup.

On that note, good choice evorc! The average consumer won't get the value out of the 5S like phone people will simply because it's primarily a performance boost (and a big one at that), but anyone who regularly puts their phone through the paces will really appreciate all it can do. I just love my 5S so much. I loved the Z10 as well, somewhat surprisingly, but the 5S is the best smartphone I've used in a very long time. I've had north of 200 phones (the majority being dumb phones prior to the smartphone craze and several models more than once) and the 5S is easily in the top three.

evorc

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
Marriage ain't no joke :)

I truly agree with you. I still can't put the 5s down, mind you I'm coming from a 5. It's just a solid device and I enjoy the new features. Next year I will get the 6 as well but for now I'm glad I continued the upgrade every year streak. I really like where Apple is heading. Things will only get better when they finally have a large iPhone along with the current size.

Geez, you guys are making me glad I'm gay! :laughing: And also that we're both phone/tech addicts, we get to buy all fun tech stuff and no purses or makeup.

On that note, good choice evorc! The average consumer won't get the value out of the 5S like phone people will simply because it's primarily a performance boost (and a big one at that), but anyone who regularly puts their phone through the paces will really appreciate all it can do. I just love my 5S so much. I loved the Z10 as well, somewhat surprisingly, but the 5S is the best smartphone I've used in a very long time. I've had north of 200 phones (the majority being dumb phones prior to the smartphone craze and several models more than once) and the 5S is easily in the top three.

JakePleasants

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
Marriage ain't no joke :)

I truly agree with you. I still can't put the 5s down, mind you I'm coming from a 5. It's just a solid device and I enjoy the new features. Next year I will get the 6 as well but for now I'm glad I continued the upgrade every year streak. I really like where Apple is heading. Things will only get better when they finally have a large iPhone along with the current size.

Tell me about it, seven years and still going strong thanks to lots of hard work. Gay marriage just happens to be illegal here still, but it'll get there. But you're definitely right, relationships are serious business and the second you take it for granted is the second that you'll lose it.

I have mixed feelings about the notion of a change in screen size next year. I'm very adaptable in terms of phone size mostly because I have very large hands, but for some reason I just love the compact comfort of the iPhone. The 3.5" screen was undoubtably too small for me, but I really like the 4" variation. The largest phone I've had (which served as a backup to my Z10 but was given to my boyfriend the day I got my 5S) is the Droid DNA, which has a 5" screen but actually a well-sized frame, and I really liked it. The screen was beautiful and while I enjoyed the size, I don't know that I enjoyed the larger screen as much as I enjoy the compact size of the 5S. So maybe if Apple can find a way to really shave down the dimensions of what we now see in larger screen sizes then maybe it'd be something that I could get behind, but it's just too early to really know right now as the iPhone 6 is merely made up of hopes and dreams at this point.

evorc

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
Tell me about it, seven years and still going strong thanks to lots of hard work. Gay marriage just happens to be illegal here still, but it'll get there. But you're definitely right, relationships are serious business and the second you take it for granted is the second that you'll lose it.

I have mixed feelings about the notion of a change in screen size next year. I'm very adaptable in terms of phone size mostly because I have very large hands, but for some reason I just love the compact comfort of the iPhone. The 3.5" screen was undoubtably too small for me, but I really like the 4" variation. The largest phone I've had (which served as a backup to my Z10 but was given to my boyfriend the day I got my 5S) is the Droid DNA, which has a 5" screen but actually a well-sized frame, and I really liked it. The screen was beautiful and while I enjoyed the size, I don't know that I enjoyed the larger screen as much as I enjoy the compact size of the 5S. So maybe if Apple can find a way to really shave down the dimensions of what we now see in larger screen sizes then maybe it'd be something that I could get behind, but it's just too early to really know right now as the iPhone 6 is merely made up of hopes and dreams at this point.

Agreed, I'm content with the current 4" but if next years size is well done and not too big like Note 3. I'm down !

acwyau

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
The same deal here, upgrade every year by selling my previous iPhone. I'm lucky that with Rogers, you don't have to pay for the upgrade at retail when you pick it up. They just charge you on your next invoice, so I'm able to sell my old phone after I get my new one. I have been able to sell the old phone within hours of acquiring the new one for the past 3 years. I then put the proceeds directly onto my Rogers bill and it's like nothing happened.

Sold my unlocked 5 16gb for $475 this year! So just minimal nagging from the wife when I came home with my 5s.