I've forgotten about my 5. I love this 5s and don't regret it one bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    nikkisharif likes this.
    11-11-2013 01:56 AM
    Had my 5 for only 6 mths and bought the Gold 5S. No regrets.
    nikkisharif likes this.
    11-11-2013 08:20 PM
    I wasn't supposed to upgrade til the 6 since i got the 5. But my wife's 5 is getting wonky with A LOT of problems like a not working ear piece, random reboots, phone shutting off at 30-45% battery, etc so i told her i was gonna get her the 5S. But well, she told me to get the 5S for myself and that my 32gb 5 will got to her. Since i've been using it for almost a year now and it still works with no problem whatsoever, it's proof enough for her that it stood the test of time and works well
    11-12-2013 04:26 AM
    Let's see...I had the iphone 5 in august, then traded in for the S4, a month later got the HTC one and just a few days ago i got the iphone 5s. sigh... I guess I have a sickness, but I do not regret it one bit!
    11-12-2013 04:53 AM
    Well I'm officially part of the "iPhone 5S Club!" Stopped by the Verizon store tonight and picked up a new Space Grey 5S. I thought I liked the Black/Slate combo until I saw this in person. It's excellent! I have a couple cases that are semi-transparent and the grey looks much better than the slate did. I also ordered a clear case from Incase.com (before I even thought about upgrading) and that'll be here on Thursday. I'm sure it'll look awesome on the new phone.

So far I am loving the 5S and am not looking back! It definitely a nice upgrade from the 5. Everything is so much snappier and more responsive. Touch ID has been working flawlessly (I never used a pass code before because I couldn't be bother with the extra step - the fingerprint scanner makes it so simple). I decided to keep my iPhone 5 (instead of trading it in) to use as an iPod at work. I'm hoping that will help preserve my 5S.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
    11-12-2013 10:47 PM
    Awesome! Welcome to the 5s club!
    11-13-2013 08:34 PM
    A long time ago I learned how to game the system and work with local buyers and sellers on Craigslist to get a new - new to me, newer, new-ish - device inexpensively. Personally I have been through over 10+ phone swaps in the last 12 months. My wife has grown increasingly distraught with me when I am able to finagle a new device while she continues to have problems with her phone. The key difference between her situation and mine is that I am not limited to choosing and using just one phone - I'm willing to take on a phone the size of the iPhone whereas her RA limits her ability to manipulate a device to 4.7" screens and larger. As companies have pushed to make phones larger, thinner and lighter this only complicates things.

Sigh.

I wish I had a cure for her RA.
    11-15-2013 05:11 PM
    I just bought the 5S yesterday. Had the Nexus 5 for a week.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using iMore Forums mobile app
    11-24-2013 05:37 PM
    I have upgraded every year to the latest iPhone but thought this year I should hold out. I had no intention to upgrade all along but when I got a quote for my iPhone 5 for trade in from Best Buy, I couldn't turn down the offer. I traded in my ATT 16gb for $345! I thought what a steal so I went ahead got the 5s. At the end, I walked out with a new space gray 5S and only costing me $50 (early upgrade and bbuy rewards certificates). I must say the 5S is well built. No manufacturing defects that I've experienced with the iPhone 5. The touch id and camera alone is worth the $50 I paid. Next year I will do the same for the iPhone 6 .
    Now the only thing missing is Jailbreak which sounds like it might get here before we know it .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    Well I can see if you paid full retail why you walked out paying 50 if you used all of that even though it is hard to believe they gave you 345 trade for your 16 GB but them again maybe because you paid full retail but no matter what, it was a no brainer to trade for a 5S come on. Good luck with your new phone.
    11-24-2013 09:12 PM
    So if you trade in your phone at best buy and get a new phone.. Would you have to pay for early upgrade fee from your carrier if you are still on contract with them?
    11-27-2013 10:09 PM
    So if you trade in your phone at best buy and get a new phone.. Would you have to pay for early upgrade fee from your carrier if you are still on contract with them?
    Yes, unless you pay full retail for the new phone.
    11-28-2013 01:01 PM
    I got my 5S last Saturday. I really had no intention of buying one this year because I had been using a Nexus 4 and had part of my tax refund saved to buy the Nexus 5 when it came out. I really wanted to like the Nexus 5 but the YouTube reviews steered me away from wanting it, maybe next year.

So I had been using the Nexus 4 and when at work, I hated using the pascode lock or even the pattern lock. It was annoying to do one handed while at work so I never used it. I would shove it in my pocket and so many times, I would feel it getting warm in my pocket and take it out. It would turn on and start doing things in my pocket such as setting multiple alarms and dialing random digits and just wear the battery down.

Suddenly I remembered that the new iPhone had the fingerprint sensor to unlock and I thought about it for nearly a week before deciding to buy it. Finally bought it Friday and paid for overnight delivery and had it at 9AM last Saturday. Fingerprint sensor works perfectly for what I need it for for when I have only my left hand to unlock and dial while at work. It's what I've been waiting for in the almost one year of owning that Nexus 4.

I think it's a bit faster or at least just as fast as doing things as the Nexus 4 was. The battery lasts nearly two days for me just as my 4S was, the last iPhone that I bought and I owned every iPhone up to the 4S, skipped the 5.

I got the T-Mobile version because they are the carrier that can get me LTE at my house. AT&T and Verizon are horrible here and at my house, I had NO data whatsoever with them and finally dumped them both last January. Using my 5S around the area over this week was pretty good and had only one small area where I get edge. T-Mobile has my area pretty well covered with LTE.

I think there is no other phone that compares to the 5S right now. The apps are tops on iOS.
    dkhmwilliams and evorc like this.
    11-29-2013 08:47 AM
37 12