Lost my 5S in a bar!!

KingaSpades

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
I went to a bachelor party Saturday night. I had such a nice time that I barely remember that night, if you know what I mean. *wink* I took some awesome pictures of a night to rival parts 1 & 2 of The Hangover. The party stretched from a residential area to the downtown area and in and out of several places with poles. I had my beautiful new 32Gb Space Grey iPhone 5S in my hand at all times because I was paranoid about people in the crowd lifting it from my pockets. I went to the bar at one of those establishments and leaned over the bar to talk to a bartender. I say my phone down to grab 2 drinks and when I looked again my 5S was gone. I was sick was forced to use my 9 year old son's 4S. Not the same experience on iOS 7. I called the insurance company and they denied my claim because of a misunderstanding but luckily it has all been resolved and I'm now typing this on another new 5S. Thank God for good customer service! So...has anyone else already lost or ruined their 5S?

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Did you have FindMyPhone set up?? Did you try locating it at all? Kudos for the insurance and glad you got a replacement...

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Well someone that lost their 5S can get a replacement within 2 weeks of the phone releasing. That's just awesome! Lol I'm just kidding; my heart probably would've stopped if they would've denied me. Thought I had misplaced mine the other day but it was in my hand.... Almost freaked out because it wasn't in my pocket. I just knew I had laid it down someplace.

Find my iPhone is a good friend! Use it like you would use no other.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I went to a bachelor party Saturday night. I had such a nice time that I barely remember that night, if you know what I mean. *wink* I took some awesome pictures of a night to rival parts 1 & 2 of The Hangover. The party stretched from a residential area to the downtown area and in and out of several places with poles. I had my beautiful new 32Gb Space Grey iPhone 5S in my hand at all times because I was paranoid about people in the crowd lifting it from my pockets. I went to the bar at one of those establishments and leaned over the bar to talk to a bartender. I say my phone down to grab 2 drinks and when I looked again my 5S was gone. I was sick was forced to use my 9 year old son's 4S. Not the same experience on iOS 7. I called the insurance company and they denied my claim because of a misunderstanding but luckily it has all been resolved and I'm now typing this on another new 5S. Thank God for good customer service! So...has anyone else already lost or ruined their 5S?

Too bad find my iPhone wasn't on that's means activation lock was off you could have made your phone a brick to them

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Nerve wracking I would be freaking out LOL. My friend just got his 5 stolen from under his nose at work by a customer! People are ballsy!

Carried by a raven from the Wall.

km12345

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
Did you tell apple to destroy the imei on that lost 5s? You should if you didn't. Or do they do that automatically?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Oofa

May 25, 2013
Visit site
Sounds like one of the reasons I quit getting drunk years ago. There's always someone waiting to take advantage of a drunk. Surprised to know it ended well for you.

Dennisgarcia

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site

May I ask why your claim was denied at first? Incase I ever lose my iPhone I can avoid this.

km12345

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
Well it's good in that the thieves won't get to use it at least as a phone, unless it was not really stolen.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods