Aghhh changed my mind!

Lynx

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
So like many of you I waited up until midnight to order my the new phones. I didnt really care about color but my wife fell in love with the gold so I just ordered two of those. The next day I saw that they were in short supply so I went to my local Verizon store and paid full retail for the Space Gray color and planned on selling the Gold on eBay for a nice profit. Well the delivery date got pushed back (got moved from 9/24 to 10/17). I got an email saturday saying the phones had shipped and they arrived yesterday. I still had planned on selling my gold one.... until I opened up my wifes. I had a change of heart and decided to keep the gold and return the Space Gray. I love both colors, but it will be a nice change of pace.

Has anybody else changed their mind on a color?

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I sold my first gold 5S and intended to buy a space grey model, but when I went to the store, they had another gold model available so I bought it with the intention of selling this one too, but after putting it into the red leather case, I've decided to keep this one unless I'm offered some ridiculous amount for it from someone (and I'm not actively trying to sell it). Both are awesome...and my wife got the same model in space grey, she said she would trade me any time I felt like having the other color...because she likes the gold one as well.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
I want a Gold 5s as far back as the Rumor of it coming out but will wait patiently till I get one my i5 will hold me off nicely till then

Lots of talk of a girly gold 5s back when but I knew it would be a sort after color

Sent from my iPhone 5

Lynx

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
I sold my first gold 5S and intended to buy a space grey model, but when I went to the store, they had another gold model available so I bought it with the intention of selling this one too, but after putting it into the red leather case, I've decided to keep this one unless I'm offered some ridiculous amount for it from someone (and I'm not actively trying to sell it). Both are awesome...and my wife got the same model in space grey, she said she would trade me any time I felt like having the other color...because she likes the gold one as well.

Ya right now I am rocking the gold one with clear ghost armor on the screen and matte ghost armor on the sides and back. Looks so slick.

I ordered a SPG Neo bumper in Champagne but its not shipping out until Mid-October.... sighhhhh

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
So like many of you I waited up until midnight to order my the new phones. I didnt really care about color but my wife fell in love with the gold so I just ordered two of those. The next day I saw that they were in short supply so I went to my local Verizon store and paid full retail for the Space Gray color and planned on selling the Gold on eBay for a nice profit. Well the delivery date got pushed back (got moved from 9/24 to 10/17). I got an email saturday saying the phones had shipped and they arrived yesterday. I still had planned on selling my gold one.... until I opened up my wifes. I had a change of heart and decided to keep the gold and return the Space Gray. I love both colors, but it will be a nice change of pace.

No. I'm going to stick with the black gray. I can see myself using the silver. Not the gold. That's for sure. Only if the gold had a black face plate.

Motorbones

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
I'm almost afraid to check out the 5C portion of the forum. They have what, about 5 colors to choose from. I got the gray on day one and still like it, especially since it doesn't matter all that much with a case on it.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I'm almost afraid to check out the 5C portion of the forum. They have what, about 5 colors to choose from. I got the gray on day one and still like it, especially since it doesn't matter all that much with a case on it.

I'm really considering getting a white 5C as a secondary device. I really liked it when I saw it at the store.

wbkm85

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
the C is nice; not as cheap as i was thinking it would be

there's a TON of C's on my local craigslist, for cheap too. then you see S's that are + ebay prices. crazy

TheRewardisCheese

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
Here the San Francisco Bay area there plenty of people on craigslist selling the Gold 5S like they were up for auction on Sotheby's prices. Its crazy. Not even sure how many are actually managing to sell them though.

Lynx

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
Here the San Francisco Bay area there plenty of people on craigslist selling the Gold 5S like they were up for auction on Sotheby's prices. Its crazy. Not even sure how many are actually managing to sell them though.

Here in Phoenix the Golds were going like hotcakes on Clist last week for 1100+ easy. Now I just see the same ones reposted daily with a price drop each day or close to it. I just checked ebay and a few I was "watching" sold for $980, $1050, and $1175 respectively. I am reconsidering my decision now lmao.

o4liberty

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site

I really don't care what color I own as long as it works! I always use a case so colors are a non issue IMO!

Lynx

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
Well I returned my Space Gray one yesterday. I didn't want the temptation of using the gray one and selling my gold one because I knew I would regret it. Happy with my choice. Now if only by Spigen Bumper would ship....

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77