Apple Care: iPhone 5S shipments taking longer than expected

M.Rizk

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
Have you thought about just canceling your order and driving to your closest Apple store to try and pick up the 5S by getting in line super early over a weekend? Maybe I missed a previous post of yours where you explained why this wasn't an option, but honestly, with people reporting pretty frequent luck with getting the 5S by walking in, it'd seem to me that someone so frustrated by shipping times like this would make the move and go to the physical store.

Using the Store Pickup, the closest 20 branches got not a single iPhone 5S, not any color, not any storage size.

Sent from my iPad Mini using iMore Forums mobile app

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Using the Store Pickup, the closest 20 branches got not a single iPhone 5S, not any color, not any storage size.

Stop using the in store pick up ordering process. Just go to the store, get in line (or get there early to avoid the line) and get yourself one. Honestly, the in store pick up is showing no stock because it is filling previous orders still through the system...the devices ARE available to buy as a walk in. I've done it twice...and if you have that many locations in your immediate area, you should have ZERO problem finding one of them that can fill your order. My single Atlanta Apple store hand PLENTY of space grey and silver models for all carriers when I went in and got my 2nd gold model this past weekend.

M.Rizk

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
Stop using the in store pick up ordering process. Just go to the store, get in line (or get there early to avoid the line) and get yourself one. Honestly, the in store pick up is showing no stock because it is filling previous orders still through the system...the devices ARE available to buy as a walk in. I've done it twice...and if you have that many locations in your immediate area, you should have ZERO problem finding one of them that can fill your order. My single Atlanta Apple store hand PLENTY of space grey and silver models for all carriers when I went in and got my 2nd gold model this past weekend.

Let's hope that was be the case here too, will check with them this weekend.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Honestly, if you're getting an Oct. 31st shipping date, you could go to the store over the next couple of weekends, try to buy one as a walk in and still have plenty of time to cancel your online order and get your refund quickly.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
The Apple Stores are receiving inventory everyday and they're not all tied to the inventory available for in-store pickup. I was going to comment pretty much
the same thing that Sean did when I saw this post yesterday but I thought maybe I missed a post of yours saying that maybe you didn't have Apple Stores
nearby your area. Even if you get to an Apple Store in the middle of the day, you'll probably end up with a 5S. October 31st is ridiculous. Since the 5S has
been out, I've been to an Apple Store three times and of each of the three times I overheard people asking if they had any 5S's in stock and the answer was
yes and they would tell them exactly what they had. Carrier model, GB's, etc. You will find one.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
The Apple Stores are receiving inventory everyday and they're not all tied to the inventory available for in-store pickup. I was going to comment pretty much
the same thing that Sean did when I saw this post yesterday but I thought maybe I missed a post of yours saying that maybe you didn't have Apple Stores
nearby your area. Even if you get to an Apple Store in the middle of the day, you'll probably end up with a 5S. October 31st is ridiculous. Since the 5S has
been out, I've been to an Apple Store three times and of each of the three times I overheard people asking if they had any 5S's in stock and the answer was
yes and they would tell them exactly what they had. Carrier model, GB's, etc. You will find one.

Depending where.

I've been stalking the Pentagon City store for the elusive gold 64G. It's a mythical being, that phone is.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Gold AT&T iPhone 5S Availability

Try that site for "real time" availability

That is not really an accurate tally. Yesterday I had a friend go get a space grey 5S from our local store, but looking at that before he went, it indicated there were none of any kind of the store he got his at. I would not put much investment into that website's accuracy.

As far as the gold iPhone's, I think you can pretty much just account getting those to dumb luck honestly. If you're in the market to walk in and get a gold iPhone, the only way you're going to do it is if you know someone who can put one aside for you, or you get there SUPER early...or you just get lucky like I did last weekend, lol.

M.Rizk

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
Many of my friends in the UK started getting their orders shipped. Some of them ordered just few days ago with the last order 3 days ago. Apparently the UK Apple.com got a huge iPhone 5S stock now.

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
Many of my friends in the UK started getting their orders shipped. Some of them ordered just few days ago with the last order 3 days ago. Apparently the UK Apple.com got a huge iPhone 5S stock now.

Wow. Really . Lucky them man. I'm still on processing items. I went to the apple store today. They have heaps of 5s golds. I'm so pissed off

M.Rizk

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
Wow. Really . Lucky them man. I'm still on processing items. I went to the apple store today. They have heaps of 5s golds. I'm so pissed off

I think you said you wanted a Gold. Why didn't you get one and cancel your online order then? They didn't charge your credit card yet.

M.Rizk

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
They have charged it. They did so instantly as I did the order

That's awkward. They didn't charge me for the phone yet, they only charged me for Apple Care + and the Express Shipping. Same thing with my friends they didn't get charged for the phone yet, and those I know who go the phone got charged only when the status went preparing for shipping.. I am talking about the US Apple.com. Those I know in the UK got charged immediately as they placed the order yes.

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
That's awkward. They didn't charge me for the phone yet, they only charged me for Apple Care + and the Express Shipping. Same thing with my friends they didn't get charged for the phone yet, and those I know who go the phone got charged only when the status went preparing for shipping.. I am talking about the US Apple.com. Those I know in the UK got charged immediately as they placed the order yes.

I guess australia is part of that too. We get charged instantly.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro