Unlocking screen on a new device?

Chris Cook5

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
I got my 5s yesterday. I haven't got a new phone since the 4s. When I open my new 5s, just slide to unlock & follow the on screen instructions? Lol. How can I tell if I have my contacts, etc backed up to icloud? I don't use icloud much

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Re: open new device

Did you already sell your 4S? You can do a quick backup. Otherwise, you'll know once you setup iCloud and not see your contacts. lol

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site

The way to check if your contacts re on iCloud is to firstly turn iCloud on. The open up your contacts app see if contacts start appearing. If not. Connect your device to iTunes then sync

Sent from my iPad 4 using Tapatalk HD

Chris Cook5

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site

Is this how you can tell (Im being serious)

Attachments

• photo 1.PNG
    photo 1.PNG
    106.3 KB · Views: 33
  • photo 2.PNG
    photo 2.PNG
    71.4 KB · Views: 31

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site

Looks like from your photos you backed up your Contacts but to make sure if you have a laptop download and install icloud from the Apple site and you can view what's in your icloud you have 5.0G free so you can backup a lot more than Contacts

Sent from my iPhone 5

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
I have a Windows desktop with XP. How do you do it?

It's simple Google icloud for windows download and install then start program then enter your Apple ID and password and you will see folders for contacts mail reminders notes and so on you back ups should be in them

Sent from my iPhone 5

mustangboy88

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Can't you just go to iCloud.com and see your contacts on the website? As well as your calendar on any PC. That would be a way to see what your iCloud contacts look like. Or am I missing something here?

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Can't you just go to iCloud.com and see your contacts on the website? As well as your calendar on any PC. That would be a way to see what your iCloud contacts look like. Or am I missing something here?

Yes it's web based but I prefer the download

Sent from my iPhone 5

Chris Cook5

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Please bear with me, I'm kinda new to icloud since I don't use that part much. What the difference between icloud.com & the download? I've been to icloud.com before but haven't downloaded

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
You are talking about the control panel for Windows based PC's, it's basically the same thing as what Mac users have natively in our settings...iCloud.com is basically the same thing (when it comes to contacts) as the control panel, where you can add and edit contacts, etc.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73