Sprint store iPhone 5s frustration

joshrocker

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm on the waiting list at my closest Sprint store. So far they have received no more 5s's since launch day. I've called a few other stores in the area a couple of times over the last week with no luck. Today another Sprint store tells me they have some units coming in near daily but their wait list is a couple of pages long and it will probably take 2 weeks for them to get caught up. How can one location receive units daily and another store have none come in? I called the Sprint store that i'm on the reserve list for and they're still telling me it's going to be at least a week but probably 2 before they receive any more shipments. Plus he added, they're only expecting black, if I want silver or gold it will be at least 1-2 months. Thankfully, I really don't care what color it is. Sadly (or maybe not), I have a $10 a month discount on my plan and Sprint will only allow me to buy it from a corporate store because of the discount. So my options are very limited.....No Apple store for me.....

Ok rant over........:cool:

Has anyone had any luck at their local Sprint store? or did I just lose the lottery of corporate Sprint stores?

rahrah12

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Nothing to add about the Sprint Store - I ordered online through Sprint and the only info I have is that it could be up to 3 weeks...that was a week ago. I guess I have up to two weeks left to wait.

They definitely charged me immediately for the phone though...

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Nothing to add about the Sprint Store - I ordered online through Sprint and the only info I have is that it could be up to 3 weeks...that was a week ago. I guess I have up to two weeks left to wait.

They definitely charged me immediately for the phone though...

That's not right shouldn't have charged you for something they don't even have in stock. Sprint be shady!

Carried by a raven from the Wall.

Grabber5.0

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
Um, it's pretty common to have to pay for backordered stuff right away. May suck but it's not particularly shady.

- Matt

joshrocker

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm pretty sure the being charged in full thing is universal and not just related to Sprint. I think I've read that elsewhere. The Sprint store did require the purchase of a non refundable $50 gift card on my part to put me on the reserve list.

sj-performance

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
I did reserved 2 5S prior to launch day at my local sprint store. Those people never called me. On launch day I drove to another store at 5am and got only one. Doesn't matter now since yesterday I returned that 5s back and switch over to AT&T. Now I have to wait 2 more weeks for our 2 new 5s :( I decided to leave sprint after 12 years. Good luck. The store reps at sprint stores are dumb, clueless, and very unprofessional.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

joshrocker

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
They've mostly been very nice when I called. I had one small incident where a lady told me they weren't expecting any new iPhones for "honestly, like 2 months" lol. I took that as a "please don't call us again". It's not like I've been constantly calling them and being a nuisance or anything. I've called each store in my area 3 or 4 times since last Sunday.

neurodave

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
We don't charge here at the Verizon store if you order through us. We charge you when the device arrives here and you come and pick it up.

On a side note, it's not uncommon for some stores to get devices and some not at all. It's all based on the stores production.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I'm on the waiting list at my closest Sprint store. So far they have received no more 5s's since launch day. I've called a few other stores in the area a couple of times over the last week with no luck. Today another Sprint store tells me they have some units coming in near daily but their wait list is a couple of pages long and it will probably take 2 weeks for them to get caught up. How can one location receive units daily and another store have none come in? I called the Sprint store that i'm on the reserve list for and they're still telling me it's going to be at least a week but probably 2 before they receive any more shipments. Plus he added, they're only expecting black, if I want silver or gold it will be at least 1-2 months. Thankfully, I really don't care what color it is. Sadly (or maybe not), I have a $10 a month discount on my plan and Sprint will only allow me to buy it from a corporate store because of the discount. So my options are very limited.....No Apple store for me.....

Ok rant over........:cool:

Has anyone had any luck at their local Sprint store? or did I just lose the lottery of corporate Sprint stores?

I had luck last week at one of my local Sprint stores and all they had was one Space Grey 64 gig which I bought. The Sprint store nearest to me about a 10min drive told me they had no idea when they would get any. The Sprint store I bought my 5s from is about 35 min drive.

Seems most of the iPhone 5s's that were left over from the opening weekend are Space Grey 64's. A lot of folks don't want the drop that coin for the 64. I wanted 16 maybe 32 but I wanted a 5s so bad I bit the bullet for the 64.

joshrocker

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I had luck last week at one of my local Sprint stores and all they had was one Space Grey 64 gig which I bought. The Sprint store nearest to me about a 10min drive told me they had no idea when they would get any. The Sprint store I bought my 5s from is about 35 min drive.

Seems most of the iPhone 5s's that were left over from the opening weekend are Space Grey 64's. A lot of folks don't want the drop that coin for the 64. I wanted 16 maybe 32 but I wanted a 5s so bad I bit the bullet for the 64.

The 2 closest corporate stores both had a couple of 64 black models in stock as of last Sunday. I really can't swing (or the wife wouldn't let me...either way lol) the 64 5s but would take either a 16 or preferably a 32. They were both completely sold out as of last Tuesday. I'm wishing I would have taken the 64 while I had the chance right about now. Since I wasn't picky about color I figured I'd have my choice of phone within a week with some persistence. Boy was I wrong!

Jeryl31

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
My coworker wanted to pick it up on launch day and even one of the employees "said" he would hold one for him. He wanted the Gold but is now on a reserve list for mid October, felt bad for him

joshrocker

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
My understanding was that most of the Sprint stores had 0 gold phones on hand. That's really why I'm mad at Apple more then Sprint. You can only sell what you have, if Apple doesn't send devices what's Sprint supposed to do? I'm a little frustrated with Sprint that certain stores happen to be getting some shipments but my closest store isn't....whatca going to do? Gold has been another story though, no one has them, that's not exclusive to Sprint. Personally gold would be my last choice but if I got a call tomorrow and all they had was gold, I'd be happy as can be.

Rocket_Girl

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Um, it's pretty common to have to pay for backordered stuff right away. May suck but it's not particularly shady.

- Matt

Not always. Many vendors, including Apple, only charge your card when the item ships. Charging upon order for indefinite delivery feels both shady/ greedy.

Rocket_Girl

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm pretty sure the being charged in full thing is universal and not just related to Sprint. I think I've read that elsewhere. The Sprint store did require the purchase of a non refundable $50 gift card on my part to put me on the reserve list.

you had to buy a spot on the list??? That's terrible!!! SHADY AND GREEDY!

joshrocker

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
you had to buy a spot on the list??? That's terrible!!! SHADY AND GREEDY!

Yes. To reserve a spot required a $50 sprint gift card purchase. I guess the reasons for this are obvious if not annoying. The requirement makes sure only serious buyers are put on the list. One upside.....it's a generic sprint gift card so it can be used at any sprint store if I happen to come across one with stock available.

joshrocker

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Not because it will do any good, and only because i'm frustrated..........

I still have not heard from the Sprint store. When I called they told me they have only received a couple of phones since launch. 3 weeks later and you've only received 2 or 3 phones of any size or color? When calling another Sprint store in the area, they tell me that they receive devices near daily. Had I ordered through them instead, I would already have my phone. They offered to let me come into the store to get on the wait list, but they're estimating that they're a couple of more weeks out at this point before they will be caught up. Sigh........................
OK, I know I've acomplished nothing but I feel better :crying:

(P.S. because of my plan, i'm forced to buy directly from Sprint. I have no other choices)

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Sprint just seems like the worst part of owning any smart phone from the things I've read, seen and heard about them...a lady I work with has a brand spanking new Galaxy S4, and can't even use LTE because of it's availability in the Atlanta area...not to mention she gets terrible 4G service almost everywhere.

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I haven't been with them for a while now, but a friend of mine still is and I have been checking in her city and my own since launch for ANY Sprint 5S's and have come up empty handed in carrier stores, radio shacks, best buys and on the iphone search thing that pulls Apple Store stock. I actually started checking just her zip for ANY color, and any carrier and NOTHING has hit her city since launch, NOTHING, which is just bizarro. My city gets random ones that pop in but they're gone as soon as they come in.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I get this feeling that last year, when Sprint finally got the iPhone, and they thought it was going to be this saving grace move on their part...and then they realized that people, regardless of the popularity of a certain device, aren't going to knowingly move to a lesser service for around the same cost, so they had what was very clearly the low end of the iPhone release monetary spectrum (also evident in their decision to give such substantial internal discounts on the devices themselves, when everyone else was just selling at retail cost or normal contract cost and swimming in the money).

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711