Yes. Same. Did not order, did not line up for launch. told myself I did not need it, would not go out of my way to get one.

alas, I could not stop thinking about it. Tried for in-store pickup last Mon (before they disabled it again). And got one. It was even sweeter than I could ever have imagined.
    Your so lucky man. Some of us like me that lined up, still didn't get what they really wanted.now I'm waiting for my gold.

Sent from my iPad 4 using Tapatalk
    10-02-2013 12:56 AM
    just checked here apple stores in Miami ( we have 5 nearby) All have plenty of stock. The only carrier that's suffering its sprint. Verizon att tmo show plenty of stock even the famous gold one.
    How I wish I stayed in America

Sent from my iPad 4 using Tapatalk HD
    10-02-2013 12:57 AM
    I got a question in terms of store pick up. Charm in if you know.

If i see a phone available, I just select the store and then go thru the upgrade steps and that's it right?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    10-03-2013 12:44 PM
    I got a question in terms of store pick up. Charm in if you know.

If i see a phone available, I just select the store and then go thru the upgrade steps and that's it right?

That's how I did it! Then you'll get an email saying you phone is ready to be picked up!!
    10-03-2013 07:27 PM
    Did you find yourself obsessively checking the website even though you didn't really want to?

10-04-2013 08:19 AM
    i kept checking the site just to see. the stores in atlanta would get some in and within an hour or so they would be gone. so last night i walked into my local best buy and bought one off the shelf. the inventory is getting out there for sure.
    10-04-2013 10:18 AM
    i kept checking the site just to see. the stores in atlanta would get some in and within an hour or so they would be gone. so last night i walked into my local best buy and bought one off the shelf. the inventory is getting out there for sure.
    Why don't you buy it and pick it up? You won't need to run frantically to the store if you see it available online.

10-04-2013 11:09 AM
    Why don't you buy it and pick it up? You won't need to run frantically to the store if you see it available online.
    i was just checking the site out of curiosity. i wasn't in a rush to get the phone. i was just saying that they are still getting gone pretty quickly at the apple stores. i actually went into best buy for something completely unrelated and they just happen to have a quite a few stocked so i just bought one there. it saved me going through the online process and whatnot.
    10-04-2013 11:19 AM
    One thing i have noticed is my apple store is getting frequent stock every day of the the iphone 5S. yesterday they had gold in stock, but sold out in a few hours.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using iMore Forums mobile app
    Last edited by Sekelani Zwambila; 10-05-2013 at 08:17 AM.
    10-04-2013 09:39 PM
    What time do they start replenishing the iPhone 5s for this option? Is there even a certain time for this? Or is it random?
    10-04-2013 10:59 PM
    What time do they start replenishing the iPhone 5s for this option? Is there even a certain time for this? Or is it random?
    Probably Random. As soon as they get a stock they sell it. But expect them to have a small stock daily.

Sent from my iPad Mini using iMore Forums mobile app
    10-05-2013 03:44 AM
    I don't want to order online because I want to use the trade in program to get my gold iPhone 5S, 64G, unlocked. I've been stalking the Pentagon City Apple store and the one in Reston and nothing.

REALLY getting frustrated.
    10-05-2013 07:41 AM
    I don't want to order online because I want to use the trade in program to get my gold iPhone 5S, 64G, unlocked. I've been stalking the Pentagon City Apple store and the one in Reston and nothing.

REALLY getting frustrated.
    We in the same boat. Here in Australia, Canberra they haven't had much stock. I've been calling daily. I placed an order online and it's still processing and taking ages.
    I guess the online order is gonna be my best option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    10-05-2013 08:17 AM
    One thing i have noticed is my apple store is getting frequent stock every day of the the iphone 5S. yesterday they had gold in stock, but sold out in a few hours.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using iMore Forums mobile app
    Apple has a huge hit with the Gold 5S. It is a hot looking phone for sure. They are going to be worth a ton on resale.
    10-05-2013 08:31 AM
    Apple has a huge hit with the Gold 5S. It is a hot looking phone for sure. They are going to be worth a ton on resale.
    I wasn't interested in gold but I was thinking about the resale value. I can't decide, either it will be hot and resale value will be high or so many people will have gold that they'll flood the market when the new phone is released.
    10-05-2013 08:36 AM
    Yeah your right. Would you imagine the gold sold out in 5 minutes 😳.

10-05-2013 08:39 AM
    I wasn't interested in gold but I was thinking about the resale value. I can't decide, either it will be hot and resale value will be high or so many people will have gold that they'll flood the market when the new phone is released.
    I've seen on eBay the phone is being sold for over $2000 I certain countries where it's scarce. People actually buy these phones. It's pretty stupid because gold would be normal in a few months.

10-05-2013 08:41 AM
    I've seen on eBay the phone is being sold for over $2000 I certain countries where it's scarce. People actually buy these phones. It's pretty stupid because gold would be normal in a few months.

Yes it has a high resale value for the time being, but if you are planning to buy it thinking it will sell at a more expensive price when iPhone 6 is released for example compared to the Space Gray or the Silver then that's completely wrong. It has a high resale value now because it is a new color which will make everyone know it's a 5S and it's limited in stock.

Sent from my iPad Mini using iMore Forums mobile app
    10-05-2013 12:45 PM
43 12