Should I return my 5 for 5s?

Schufly

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
I added a line Friday and got an iPhone 5, because I couldn't afford the 5s. Now I am reconsidering. looking for opinions on whether I should return the 5, shell out a few more bucks now that I have it, and get the 5s, or keep the 5. The 5 is amazing, I have no complaints. I would have to go with Space Grey.......because gold or white.... um no. any help would be appreciated.

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
I have a lot of experience with this, I would say simply if your happy with the 5 keep the 5 ... The 5S while awesome! May not be worth the extra money (how much did you spend on the 5?) ... Both the 5C and 5S do have larger batteries however the 5 is still a great phone.

Schufly

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
I have a lot of experience with this, I would say simply if your happy with the 5 keep the 5 ... The 5S while awesome! May not be worth the extra money (how much did you spend on the 5?) ... Both the 5C and 5S do have larger batteries however the 5 is still a great phone.

I spent $99 on the 5. Bigger battery is always a plus.

asuprice

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
I had the 5S and returned it and went with the C(basically the 5). Money wasn't a factor in my issue, but I'm very happy with the 5C. It suits my needs and so far, at least in my experiences, is more stable at this point in iOS7s young life.

Schufly

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
I was in the same boat last week. Figured I would save money by getting the 5s now and it still being relevant a year from now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Very true, It's going to be a while before I am due for any upgrade, I need to make this phone last. Who knows though, the way tech is moving, in 2 years my 5 may seems like my old Motorola Star-Tac.

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
If you can afford to get the 5s I would consider it. The iPhone 5 is a great device though. It really comes down to personal preference and what you can afford.

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
I spent $99 on the 5. Bigger battery is always a plus.

So the 5C would be the same at $99 and the 5S would be $199 ... In my opinion you should stick with the 5 much more value for the money and you won't be compromising performance. (Day to Day usage) ... Although the 5C would get you a little better battery life.

Laughinghyena

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
I was in a similar situation, although I had the money to buy the 5s. The problem was I had enough money saved up a few days after the release date. But not just that I was trying to decide if I really wanted to switch to apple.

Unfortunately in my small town all the retailers were sold out. I was disappointed that I would have had to wait well into November with Verizon. My fondness for my s4 just grew sour and I found myself researching everything I could about apple. I had a sudden opportunity to purchase a like new iPhone 5 and I couldn't turn it down for 250. I am happy with this phone and have not put it down in 4 days. I didn't even bother with my s4 when it died that night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Schufly

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
So the 5C would be the same at $99 and the 5S would be $199 ... In my opinion you should stick with the 5 much more value for the money and you won't be compromising performance. (Day to Day usage) ... Although the 5C would get you a little better battery life.

I guess that's the rub here.....I would got to the 5s if anything. Is the extra battery, A7, and other stuff worth the $100? Part of me says HELL yes!

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
I guess that's the rub here.....I would got to the 5s if anything. Is the extra battery, A7, and other stuff worth the $100? Part of me says HELL yes!

Honestly it is entirely up to you. The 5, 5C, & 5S are all excellent devices ... Really depends upon your needs, to me personally I think you are better off with the 5, however you really can't go wrong regardless of your decision.

theKHMERboy

May 12, 2013
Visit site
If I was just getting a phone I would of went for the latest and greatest which would of been a 5s but I had a 5 since October and not looking to upgrade right now still happy with what I got

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
If I was just getting a phone I would of went for the latest and greatest which would of been a 5s but I had a 5 since October and not looking to upgrade right now still happy with what I got

5 is a great device, the only reason I purchased the 5S was feeling the need for the latest & greatest, and I needed to upgrade my wife from her failing 4S, so it was a win win for both of us.

jgraves1107

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
Get the 5s!! My wife and I love it! We upgraded from the 5 and it is amazing. Found the idea of the m7 chip being useful for fitness apps a great idea. Oh and they slow motion video too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

anon4757448

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
5S is a great phone but you'll love the 5 as well. If you like it, keep it.

Where did you get the 5? I thought they weren't sold after the 20th.

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
If you're not due for an upgrade for another 2 years, I'd go with the 5S. Don't short yourself; you'll be pissed in 2 more years.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

jmr1015

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site

Part of me feels the same way. I just picked up my i5 as well... and my gut feeling is "I should go for the 5S"

But saving $100 is always nice... and the i5 is still a huge upgrade over the i4 it replaced... which I was happy with for 3 years. I figure the i5 should be able to keep me happy for at least 2 years... then maybe I'll pick up the iPhone 6S.