Returned my iPhone 5S space grey this morning......

JDabney

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
Sprint isn't terrible for everyone. I enjoy their sevice tremendously especially considering how much I am saving over Verizon and AT&T. If you live in a good coverage area, sprint is great. The same can be said for any carrier. I hear these same complaints from people who are on Verizon and from people who are on AT&T. It's just best not to generalize. Sprint isn't done with their network vision. I'd imagine those times you see outages are those times when sprint is upgrading their towers for better 3G and 4G signal and coverage. I've been a customer since 2004 and I can honestly say that in the most recent months and years have been the most painful with the slow data speeds, but in those times I haven't had a lot of dropped calls or bad voice and text coverage. I can still use my smartphone as a phone which is all that matters at the end of the day for me. I am pleased to finally enjoy the new LTE deployment in Springfield, MO and the surrounding areas though. Haven't experienced the slow LTE speeds some of you have been experiencing(see speed test pics). It's great to have these speeds and have unlimited non-throttled data! Sprint is getting better and will be better, especially considering all the cash they have been given due to the SoftBank deal recently. ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1380555842.848102.jpgImageUploadedByiMore Forums1380555860.046283.jpgImageUploadedByiMore Forums1380555878.147374.jpg

GingerSnapsBack

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I was almost in the same boat...actually I should say I am in the same boat dealing with Sprint...barely got service in my own house...they gave me the Sprint Airave for free which solved that problem...but Sprint can still be a pain to deal with.

They offered this to me as well but I haven't had a computer in my house in years. It's not worth the extra $90 Time Warner wanted to gig me because I wouldn't dump satellite and bundle cable and Internet.

Finally got sick of Sprint and switched to Verizon for the same reason as the OP. I had a paperweight, not a phone.

sj-performance

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
In Miami Verizon and AT&T rule. TMO is 3rd and getting better. In Miami AT&T is great. I wanted to switch back to GSM carrier. I'm looking forward in finally enjoying my iPhone on a great network. I plan to enjoy my phone everywhere not just when I'm connected to Wi-Fi

wbkm85

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
you won't miss sprint once you get on AT&T

i switched 10 years ago and couldn't be happier w AT&T

congrats!

anon(279851)

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I left Sprint in 2011 for the same exact reasons regarding their slow data speeds. I didn't care if they were finally getting the iPhone the same day my contract was up. I fled to AT&T and haven't looked back.

sj-performance

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
I left Sprint in 2011 for the same exact reasons regarding their slow data speeds. I didn't care if they were finally getting the iPhone the same day my contract was up. I fled to AT&T and haven't looked back.

I was a blackberry addict. Once Sprint announced they would get the 4S I was excited. As soon as the first week with the 4S and sprints slow speed I realized how bad it was. I decided and waited and waited...then got the 5...excited since it was LTE...but again another let down. So I waited and waited again...I then went out and got the 5S at launch day...hoping this new LTE radio would pick up better sprint LTE...again another disappointment. This past weekend I said "enough!!!" took the 5S back to sprint...paid the $35 restocking fee. My wife's contract had ended so I didn't get hit with any EFT's. On my line I had 1 more year left so I paid a prorated EFT of $220. I can say for sure I'm looking forward in using the 5S on a carrier that's really good and awesome LTE speeds. I believe this will be the first iPhone I'm gonna enjoy to the fullest. Finally!!!

sj-performance

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
Ported 2 sprint numbers to AT&T 9-30-13 (in store order) silver 32bg/gold 32gb. At first waiting for silver was 7-14 weeks and gold 28-40 days. Today I received both phone via USPS. Went back to store to finish new activation. Done deal! BTW AT&T LTE over sprint is like 40 times faster. Only regret is spending 12 years with sprint. I can now officially enjoy my iphone.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

mustangboy88

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Enjoy. We're leaving Sprint this upcoming week ourselves. We have 2 unlocked 32gb 5s's coming this week. Activating on Straight Talk for a month then movin to the UK.

anon(73368)

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
Ported 2 sprint numbers to AT&T 9-30-13 (in store order) silver 32bg/gold 32gb. At first waiting for silver was 7-14 weeks and gold 28-40 days. Today I received both phone via USPS. Went back to store to finish new activation. Done deal! BTW AT&T LTE over sprint is like 40 times faster. Only regret is spending 12 years with sprint. I can now officially enjoy my iphone.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

Pretty much same here!! Spent like 10 yrs with sprint. Now that I left for AT&T can't believe the difference in speed and coverage! Wouldn't use anyone else!

sj-performance

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
Pretty much same here!! Spent like 10 yrs with sprint. Now that I left for AT&T can't believe the difference in speed and coverage! Wouldn't use anyone else!

Isn't it amazing? What a big change. It's like night and day. I never understood why all my friends bragged about AT&T. Now I understand. Here in Miami I have LTE everywhere. It's constant and fast. I'm here to stay. And the myatt app is a great tool. Enjoy. Thanx

*iPhone 5S from the mobile APP*

anon(73368)

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
Isn't it amazing? What a big change. It's like night and day. I never understood why all my friends bragged about AT&T. Now I understand. Here in Miami I have LTE everywhere. It's constant and fast. I'm here to stay. And the myatt app is a great tool. Enjoy. Thanx

The only thing that kept me with sprint was the $$ and the unlimited but overall I'm not spending much more and the data I don't come close to our shared limit. Plus I prefer a GSM network over CDMA.

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
I have always tried to go back to Sprint because if the unlimited data. But every time I do, I find out quickly why I keep leaving. The data speeds can be good if you are in a strong signal area. However, they drop significantly when the signal gets weak and renders the device unusable in some cases. I would love to have unlimited data, but being in Sprint's network isn't worth it.

sj-performance

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
The only thing that kept me with sprint was the $$ and the unlimited but overall I'm not spending much more and the data I don't come close to our shared limit. Plus I prefer a GSM network over CDMA.

GSM is better. GSM phones have better resale value. I would only do 2-3gb a month with my wife and I on sprint. Wifi at office and home. We got a 4gb with Att. We have a good monthly discount. No activation fees. Only paying $21 more a month. No headaches. No stress.

anon(73368)

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
GSM is better. GSM phones have better resale value. I would only do 2-3gb a month with my wife and I on sprint. Wifi at office and home. We got a 4gb with Att. We have a good monthly discount. No activation fees. Only paying $21 more a month. No headaches. No stress.

Yeah I'm on the 10gb plan with 5 iPhone users. I get 25% off my bill a month and 50% off accessories through my employer. I agree gsm phones have better resale value. I just sold my i5 for 400.00. Didn't take long at all.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2