I say if the OP is happy then so be it. I have OCD to a certain extent and if that clicking is that annoying then the right choice has been made. With OCD, those little annoyances cause so much anxiety and you tend to focus on trying to ignore it but that causes issues too and the cycle continues, so I totally understand. Enjoy your 5C
    09-29-2013 11:07 AM
    I never noticed the clicking until I read this thread. Now thinking about it the clicking on my iP5C is no louder the it was on my iP3G, 4, 4S and 5. To me it gives me positive feedback that I did press the "Home" button.
    anon4757448 likes this.
    09-29-2013 11:36 AM
    The home button is definitely an adjustment but I would not go to a 5C from this 5S. I love it.
    09-29-2013 11:38 AM
    The home button is definately loud clicking on mine and wifes. It's a adjustment but definately not exchanging for last years technology.
    09-29-2013 12:00 PM
    After a week with the 5S I got really annoyed with the loud clicking coming from the home button and dealing with the loose lock button(I was told by the "geniuses" that these were normal and within spec). I decided I would try the 5C. I am a sucker for yellow phones. I must say that the build quality(or quality control) is surprising much better on the plastic/polycarbonate phone. While I will miss the new processors and touch Id I will say I am happy with my decision. Anyone else leaning this way or am I a loner on this?
    I would have gotten another 5s you were happy with instead of downgrading so much.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    09-29-2013 01:32 PM
    If the 5C is a better fit than the 5S for you then congrats! After all, it's whatever phone will suit your needs and make u happy.
    09-29-2013 01:43 PM
    I had to change my Space Gray 64GB 5S not even a week after launch day because of a spot on the camera that showed up in all photos.

I honestly thought about going with a 32GB 5C in white. I would have done it if I didn't have the week to absolutely love all the features the 5S has to offer. I for one love the clicky home button. I also look forward to using the slo-mo cam quite a bit.
    Rocket_Girl likes this.
    09-29-2013 01:44 PM
    As already has been said, to each their own. If I ever own a 5C it would be like a secondary device. Just switch sim cards whenever I please. But not my main phone.
    09-29-2013 01:46 PM
    Mine's got quite a load click as well. I like it though, it's a firm reassuring click.
    09-29-2013 02:21 PM
    Whatever makes you happy is all that matters!
    09-29-2013 08:04 PM
    If that's what cranks your motor, go for it. My 5s is pristine and every way shape and form. It's a keeper.... Getting a 5c would be a half step slower than what I chose to to take. No can do...
    09-29-2013 08:16 PM
    After a week with the 5S I got really annoyed with the loud clicking coming from the home button and dealing with the loose lock button(I was told by the "geniuses" that these were normal and within spec). I decided I would try the 5C. I am a sucker for yellow phones. I must say that the build quality(or quality control) is surprising much better on the plastic/polycarbonate phone. While I will miss the new processors and touch Id I will say I am happy with my decision. Anyone else leaning this way or am I a loner on this?
    Feels like the 3G and 3GS but way better in terms of build quality. The only difference between the 5S is the durability when you drop it, touch id and faster processor. Can't believe how much info was leaked about the launch that was correct and the leaks came out in like May.
    09-29-2013 08:23 PM
    If the 5C is a better fit than the 5S for you then congrats! After all, it's whatever phone will suit your needs and make u happy.
    Agreed.
    09-29-2013 08:25 PM
    When I was at the apple store, I was pressing the home button to see if it click. And they all do. Then I was at the sprint the other day and the again their iPhone 5s home button click. I hate that noise but I want to get a 5s. So I will have to live with it
    09-29-2013 09:03 PM
    whatever suits you! Glad the 5C fits your style!
    09-29-2013 09:52 PM
    I wouldn't downgrade, but the fact that you're happy is all that matters.

And year old tech still works, so there's no real reason to bash the fact that it's a year old. Otherwise, we'd be bashing people for being eighty.
    09-29-2013 09:58 PM
    Yeah my point exactly. humans can be so interesting lol.
    09-29-2013 11:30 PM
    I think the day he will regret is is when apps get optimized for the 64 bit and the A7.
    Not Quite Right likes this.
    09-29-2013 11:32 PM
    Jeezus, could one more person say "if you're happy that's all that matters" ... it's a given folks.
    09-30-2013 11:54 AM
    No never in a million years would I do that. My power button rattles if I shake the phone violently, why would I do that? My home button is no more louder than my old 5, though I have found a way to use it, that it is virtually silent (I use my fingertip).
    09-30-2013 02:27 PM
    i don't think the button on the :-/ S is cheap at all. C, on the other hand :-/
    09-30-2013 03:12 PM
    Have you ever touched the C, let alone seen it in person? Let me tell you, it feels perfect in the hand. If they said poly carbonate, I wouldn't have known the difference between it and ceramic. I think you should actually hold and feel the phone before you judge, since it's incredible for a phone, even if the tech is a year old. And the home button is noiseless and utterly fantastic, so please don't go chomping on the bit to dislike an incredible piece of tech, because your dislike is unfounded and useless.
    asuprice and Wreckus like this.
    09-30-2013 06:54 PM
    Have you ever touched the C, let alone seen it in person? Let me tell you, it feels perfect in the hand. If they said poly carbonate, I wouldn't have known the difference between it and ceramic. I think you should actually hold and feel the phone before you judge, since it's incredible for a phone, even if the tech is a year old. And the home button is noiseless and utterly fantastic, so please don't go chomping on the bit to dislike an incredible piece of tech, because your dislike is unfounded and useless.
    Yeah, I held a friend's iPhone 5C and the build quality really surprised me. It feels sturdy and solid, not like the kind of plastic where you could push in or anything like that.
    10-01-2013 11:57 AM
    My 5S home button definitely makes a click. More so than any Iphone I have ever used.
    10-01-2013 02:02 PM
    Jeezus, could one more person say "if you're happy that's all that matters" ... it's a given folks.
    If you're happy that's all that matters
    10-02-2013 06:13 AM
51 123