I saw the post that car chargers from wireless carriers (e.g., Verizon) or direct from Apple should work with iOS 7.

If I upgrade my iPhone from 4S (iOS 6) to 5S (iOS 7), will my VerizonWireless APL21VPCX car chargers (Nov. 2011) still work? Along the same line, will the Apple A1265 wall plug chargers from the 4S also work with the 5S?

I assume that both the old car and wall plug chargers will work with the iPhone 5S as long as the chargers were either Apple or carrier provided chargers (VerizonWireless). I just want to be cautious as I upgrade my phone - and not order accessories that I will not need.

Thanks friends!
    09-28-2013 03:05 PM
    If the car charger and the wall plug both allow for you to use the lightning cable attachment that comes with the 5S then yes, both should work.
    09-28-2013 03:23 PM
    Thank you JustMe'D!

I do not yet have a 5S, so I am guessing the form factor for the connections based on photos. It looks like the 5S has a different connector form factor for the cable connection (narrower?).

Car charger: Since my car charger does not accept a USB input and offers only the 4S form factor, I assume that the 4S charger will not work with the 5S. Can you confirm that the connector to the 5S is a different form factor from the connector to the 4S and would not work.\?

Wall/plug charger: The plug accepts a USB input. Therefore, it should accept the lightning cable if one end is USB. However, if the iPhone 5S connection is a different form factor than the 4S, then the extra plug does not get me a second charger unless I order an extra cable. Without an extra cable, I still would have only one complete charger. Again, I would appreciate confirmation - if possible.

Thanks friends!
    09-28-2013 03:53 PM
    Car charger would not work. You can buy lightening to 30-pin adapters though.
    Just_Me_D and Pastor Ed like this.
    09-28-2013 04:00 PM
    Thank you JustMe'D!

I do not yet have a 5S, so I am guessing the form factor for the connections based on photos. It looks like the 5S has a different connector form factor for the cable connection (narrower?).

Car charger: Since my car charger does not accept a USB input and offers only the 4S form factor, I assume that the 4S charger will not work with the 5S. Can you confirm that the connector to the 5S is a different form factor from the connector to the 4S and would not work.\?

Wall/plug charger: The plug accepts a USB input. Therefore, it should accept the lightning cable if one end is USB. However, if the iPhone 5S connection is a different form factor than the 4S, then the extra plug does not get me a second charger unless I order an extra cable. Without an extra cable, I still would have only one complete charger. Again, I would appreciate confirmation - if possible.

Thanks friends!
    You're very welcome......As for car chargers, I've learned to buy and use something like THIS because I may change smartphones, and many of them use some type of USB cable, and I don't want to keep buying car chargers. I got the one via the above link when I had my iPhone 4S, and I still use it without any problems with my iPhone 5.
    Last edited by JustMe'D; 09-28-2013 at 09:37 PM.
    Pastor Ed likes this.
    09-28-2013 04:08 PM