I searched the forums for this but turned up nothing, so forgive me if this has been asked before.

I want to be able to use Touch ID for iTunes purchases without having Touch ID enabled for simply unlocking the phone, is this possible? I also don't want a passcode for unlocking the phone, I want it to simply remain unlocked and the only kind of security I want is when I make an iTunes purchase. Thanks.
    09-28-2013 02:06 PM
    I searched the forums for this but turned up nothing, so forgive me if this has been asked before.

I want to be able to use Touch ID for iTunes purchases without having Touch ID enabled for simply unlocking the phone, is this possible? I also don't want a passcode for unlocking the phone, I want it to simply remain unlocked and the only kind of security I want is when I make an iTunes purchase. Thanks.
    From all I have seen, it's not possible. TouchID is all or nothing.
    09-28-2013 02:09 PM
    That's what I was afraid of, but hopefully it'll change via an update at some point.

Thank you for the quick reply.
    09-28-2013 02:15 PM
    Incorrect. It can be used just for iTunes.
    Fausty82 and M.Rizk like this.
    09-28-2013 02:59 PM
    http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/09/29/e5e7y6yb.jpg
    Excellent... not sure how I missed that one. Thanks, Karen...
    09-28-2013 03:01 PM
    http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/09/29/e5e7y6yb.jpg
    Thank you, Karen, but I was hoping to skip any kind of passcode to unlock the phone. In other words, I want my phone to always remain unlocked, but when it asks for my iTunes password for a purchase, I'd like to be able to use my fingerprint rather than typing in my iTunes password. Is this possible?
    10-03-2013 05:55 PM
    Thank you, Karen, but I was hoping to skip any kind of passcode to unlock the phone. In other words, I want my phone to always remain unlocked, but when it asks for my iTunes password for a purchase, I'd like to be able to use my fingerprint rather than typing in my iTunes password. Is this possible?
    Not that I know of.
    10-03-2013 05:59 PM
    Thanks, Karen. Now, for some reason, I can't get it to work with iTunes at all. It just asks for the iTunes password even though I have Touch ID for iTunes purchases in settings enabled.
    10-03-2013 09:37 PM
    Every so often it does ask for a password even with TouchId set up for iTunes purchases. I'm guessing it's just an extra security measure.
    10-03-2013 09:56 PM
    Thanks, Karen. Now, for some reason, I can't get it to work with iTunes at all. It just asks for the iTunes password even though I have Touch ID for iTunes purchases in settings enabled.
    I was getting this at first also. But now the touch ID always comes up as soon as I go to download any app from the App Store.
    10-03-2013 10:08 PM
    Every so often it does ask for a password even with TouchId set up for iTunes purchases. I'm guessing it's just an extra security measure.
    Strange. Seems that they should probably label Touch ID as a beta feature, like Siri was for a while. It work very well in terms of accuracy, but the iTunes thing is very annoying as I haven't been able to get it to make an iTunes purchase a single time.
    10-03-2013 10:15 PM
    I was getting this at first also. But now the touch ID always comes up as soon as I go to download any app from the App Store.
    Really? So maybe I just need to leave it on overnight and seen if it's caught on by morning.

Thank you.
    10-03-2013 10:18 PM
    Really? So maybe I just need to leave it on overnight and seen if it's caught on by morning..
    This issue was happening to me as well. Updating to 7.0.1 seemed to fix it when it came out last week. 7.0.2 is out know. Try updating if you haven't already.
    10-04-2013 01:43 PM
    This issue was happening to me as well. Updating to 7.0.1 seemed to fix it when it came out last week. 7.0.2 is out know. Try updating if you haven't already.
    Waiting for it to settle overnight did the trick! Thank you guys for all the replies.

Also, I had already updated and was still having the problem, but all is well now. Thanks again.
    10-04-2013 04:44 PM