Anybody carrying both the 5s and the 5c

thoughthalo

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
Just wanted to check if anybody is thinking of, or already carrying both the 5s and the 5c. I am planning to do that but was wondering am I the only one 'crazy' enough ? 😃

Sent from my iPhone 5 64 Gb on Sprint using Tapatalk - now Free

B1ue_B1aze

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
Only had the dough for the 5s, but I think it's be fun to own both and just swap the SIM depending on which one I wanted to use. Carrying both at the same time though would be a little unnecessary imo, but hey whatever floats your boat. I wouldn't call it crazy either.

tigerinexile

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
I have a 5 and a 5s. 5s is daily driver with my Canadian sim, 5 is the travel phone when I'm in the US. (Phones switch roles if I go overseas, as the 5s has more LTE bands.)

It's kinda extravagant, but people waste money on far worse things, and my family doesn't quite understand the "I can't answer my phone or get messages without my sim in it" explanation, so I need to keep my home number active.

A 5c would be a nice travel phone if I didn't already have a 5. It has the new antenna and radio with all those LTE bands.

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Just wanted to check if anybody is thinking of, or already carrying both the 5s and the 5c. I am planning to do that but was wondering am I the only one 'crazy' enough ? ��

Sent from my iPhone 5 64 Gb on Sprint using Tapatalk - now Free

Apple and iMore. Some other phone review websites too. So you're not crazy.

M.Rizk

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
I don't see a reason someone would want to exchange a 5S for a 5C for a short period. I would rather get two 5S instead. However, the problem is not what the device itself costs. The problem is the data plans I have to pay for each device.

Sent from my iPad Mini using iMore Forums mobile app

thoughthalo

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
I'm just curious as to why you'd want to carry two phones?

I have been using 2 phones for a while now. Started out as a need, now more as a habit and also it allows me to try different phones and OS's. For example I am responding from my Nexus 4, but after activating my 5c I will switch it in, in place of the Nexus. So all in with Apple with the 5s and 5c :)

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

thoughthalo

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
I have a 5 and a 5s. 5s is daily driver with my Canadian sim, 5 is the travel phone when I'm in the US. (Phones switch roles if I go overseas, as the 5s has more LTE bands.)

It's kinda extravagant, but people waste money on far worse things, and my family doesn't quite understand the "I can't answer my phone or get messages without my sim in it" explanation, so I need to keep my home number active.

A 5c would be a nice travel phone if I didn't already have a 5. It has the new antenna and radio with all those LTE bands.

In fact the reason I am giving up my 5 and getting the 5c as a secondary phone was the LTE bands and the slightly larger battery. I don't what I was doing wrong but my iPhone 5 battery is even lasting lesser than my Nexus 4!!

tigerinexile

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
In fact the reason I am giving up my 5 and getting the 5c as a secondary phone was the LTE bands and the slightly larger battery. I don't what I was doing wrong but my iPhone 5 battery is even lasting lesser than my Nexus 4!!

I don't think any of it really justifies owning both. All that can justify it is, well, it's a hobby and an interest. New gadgets are fun to mess around with, and therefore worth (to you) spending the extra money.

Harmless fun, and it's nice to have the luxury to be able to indulge in it. :)

EDIT: On that note, I really like the way the 5c feels when one holds it. The heaviness of it feels much more solid.

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
I'm just curious as to why you'd want to carry two phones?

Reviewing purposes, showing off and using one as a backp device. The 5c is better than the 5 since it has more lte bands and this iPhone including the 5s is the first time an iPhone has been launched simultaneously on all four major carriers. I know the 5 was on T-Mobile but it wasn't launched with it on day 1.

oscarcanada

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
wow - well i kept my 4s after buying the 5s, and feel marginally awkward that i still have both (reason for keeping the 4s was that both are in 16gb, so i store large purchased apps and all my iWork files there). I have routinely carried two devices the last 5 years, but normally a comination of iphone with a Blackberry, or iPhone/HTC Windows.
I can imagine that people would perceive you as something of a show-off to be carrying around TWO iPhones, both of which are the latest released models (I am sure you aren't one, but that's how it will likely be viewed)

MRSBROWN2006

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
how can one buy both the iphones

In our case, we used an upgrade for the 5s, and added a line/swapped line for 5c. Only added 10.00 to my monthly bill. The 5c line will be out of contract in June. Put a dumb phone on newly activated line. We always keep one line off contract for at least 6mths of the year.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

jmr1015

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
I kind of want a 5C in white, just as a backup, and for hiking and travel.

Can the SIM card just be swapped between the 5S and 5C at will? Or do you need to sync with iTunes to activate each time you want to switch service between them?

mpham2

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
I swap my sim between my i4, i5 and galaxy SIII with no problem or activation needed. I also carry two phones daily. One a work only and my personal one.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods