Such a shame to see the backordered gold iPhone 5s go through all of this (warning: some of you may find this article offensive):

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013...s-good-trying/
    BLiNK and kataran like this.
    09-27-2013 07:49 AM
    that's awesome!
    09-27-2013 08:06 AM
    That's stupid and pointless, yet totally awesome, lol.
    09-27-2013 09:57 AM
    Videos like that irk the heck out of me. I mean, I don't wonder if the iPhone or any other electronic device is bullet proof while contemplating buying it. The owner of that device has the right to destroy it, if he or she wants, but I think it is in poor taste to upload a video that depicts a device that is in great demand, but in short supply, being shot for the sake of seeing how well or not it can withstand being shot. #smh
    M.Rizk likes this.
    09-27-2013 10:02 AM
    Videos like that irk the heck out of me. I mean, I don't wonder if the iPhone or any other electronic device is bullet proof while contemplating buying it. The owner of that device has the right to destroy it, if he or she wants, but I think it is in poor taste to upload a video that depicts a device that is in great demand, but in short supply, being shot for the sake of seeing how well or not it can withstand being shot. #smh
    It's a free country. For now.
    09-27-2013 11:09 AM
    Excuse me, but besides being pointless, is there ANY cell phone that could pass that test? Do the silver or space gray iphones pass the "test". I have a gold phone on order for my wife. I'l be sure to tell her to stay away from any phone snipers that might be out there.

On the other hand I suppose there's probably some liberals out there that'll want to stop all the iphone carnage and violence through stricter gun control!!!
    Alik Malix likes this.
    09-27-2013 12:33 PM
    Haha I am about to jump in line for the gold 5s and that video is f-ing awesome!
    I love it and will definitely share that one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    nikkisharif likes this.
    09-27-2013 01:57 PM
    Excuse me, but besides being pointless, is there ANY cell phone that could pass that test? Do the silver or space gray iphones pass the "test". I have a gold phone on order for my wife. I'l be sure to tell her to stay away from any phone snipers that might be out there.

On the other hand I suppose there's probably some liberals out there that'll want to stop all the iphone carnage and violence through stricter gun control!!!
    Likely none, unless in some sort of super multilayer Kevlar case that is thick enough to disperse the energy from such a huge round.
    09-27-2013 06:06 PM
    Hopefully he has AppleCare+.
    09-27-2013 06:15 PM
    Hopefully he has AppleCare+.
    Lol
    09-27-2013 07:55 PM
    It's a free country. For now.
    No doubt about it, especially the "for now" part...
    iKev and Alik Malix like this.
    09-27-2013 08:19 PM
    Hilarious yet shameful at the same time. People will do anything to get in the know of the web to draw hits.

But we all learned that... It does not survive being shot.
    09-27-2013 08:27 PM
    I can't help but wonder how many people who see this are just a bit pissed about having to wait for a gold iPhone while this dude is out shooting one up....
    09-27-2013 10:11 PM
    That's stupid and pointless, yet totally awesome, lol.
    I agree with this....Its pointless yes, yet there is something very gratifying about seeing **** get blown up/shot up/destroyed just because
    09-27-2013 10:25 PM
    I love this.

Tappin and Talkin from my iPhone 5
    09-28-2013 08:16 AM
    If I see that guy I will assassinate him for the sake of those people still waiting for their gold while he is wasting the limited stock.

Sent from my iPad Mini using iMore Forums mobile app
    09-28-2013 09:59 AM
    He bought it, it's his, and he can do with it as he pleases.

Unfortunately, that is what you call a "1st world problem."

Shooting a bullet at a $650 mobile device? No problem!

In third world countries, most don't even MAKE $650 in a year. To each their own, I suppose.
    Trees likes this.
    09-28-2013 10:04 AM
    1. This proves that iPhone 5S is lagging behind, can't even withstand a bullet, pffft.

2. Wonder how he's going to explain this one to apple care...

3. I was amused that before that shot he did drop it in water and it still worked.
    09-28-2013 05:32 PM
    Some people will do anything for attention.
    09-28-2013 06:12 PM
    I don't care. That was awesome. People can live with their iPhone 4's and 4S's as they lived with them before. They can wait. They don't need the gold version right away.
    09-28-2013 06:48 PM
    Likely none, unless in some sort of super multilayer Kevlar case that is thick enough to disperse the energy from such a huge round.
    There is. I watched a video on YouTube and the case was for the iPhone 5. It didn't break when shot by a rifle but the screen cracked when it hit the ground. Clearly, it only does what was written on the box.
    09-28-2013 06:53 PM
    We need to verify this Rene!

When the imore God gets his Gold 5s I will buy a .50 cal at the local dollar store and we can do a proper controlled test to see if this carries any weight 😀

It's easy to get a 50 than a 5s it seems

Sent from my iPhone 5
    09-28-2013 07:10 PM
    Pointless but entertaining. If he makes any money from the ad revenue, I'm sure he'll actually come out ahead.
    09-29-2013 12:23 AM
    And in other news, Samsung announces that they too have been working on a phone that can't withstand being shot by a .50 cal. Android fanboys everywhere are stating that Apple wasn't first, Atrix was also capable of being destroyed by bullets.
    09-29-2013 01:18 AM
    No cell phone at the present time should be bullet proof. Other than people shooting their phones for videos WHO buys a phone with the thought. " I wonder if this is bullet proof? " The video was funny though, if only for the thought if it DID pass.. which of course it didn't. :/
    M.Rizk likes this.
    09-30-2013 12:03 AM