Anyone noticed a gain or decrease of battery life?
    09-27-2013 12:24 AM
    I have noticed a tremendous decrease. My 5s only last, even with little use, 6 maybe 7 hours if I'm lucky.
    09-27-2013 02:31 AM
    I have noticed a tremendous decrease. My 5s only last, even with little use, 6 maybe 7 hours if I'm lucky.
    I get a maximum of 6 hour usage.
    09-27-2013 03:18 AM
    Getting around 7-8 hours, moderate use, mostly wifi. Similar to my iPhone 4.
    B1ue_B1aze likes this.
    09-27-2013 03:23 AM
    How Long Will The 5S Battery Last On 3G Usage?
    09-27-2013 04:08 AM
    I get 7 or more
    09-27-2013 04:23 AM
    Screen time?
    09-27-2013 04:32 AM
    I get 7 or more
    Did you restore from back up?
    09-27-2013 04:55 AM
    Did you restore from back up?
    Ya from my iCloud
    09-27-2013 11:07 AM
    5-7 depending on how active my day is
    09-27-2013 11:16 AM
    I'm coming from an Android so forgive me here... But is "usage" the same thing as "screen on?" And "standby" is the same as "deep sleep?"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    09-27-2013 11:48 AM
    I'm coming from an Android so forgive me here... But is "usage" the same thing as "screen on?" And "standby" is the same as "deep sleep?"

I had that question too. And no usage is the phone being used in anyway including music listening with screen off. So you could get usage up real high by listening to music the but other then that there wouldn't be much usage with out the screen on unless you have a bunch of background apps running. And stand by is locked screen similar to deep sleep but with out anything running like if music is then obviously that would be usage. I wish they had a screen on time feature. Lol

09-27-2013 11:58 AM
    I have a lot turned off, and I don't tinker with it a lot during the day I guess, and I turn it to airplane mode at night (for my sanity) so I can usually get a good 36-48 hours off a charge... It took me FOREVER to kill it last night so I could finally charge.
    09-27-2013 01:28 PM
    I had that question too. And no usage is the phone being used in anyway including music listening with screen off. So you could get usage up real high by listening to music the but other then that there wouldn't be much usage with out the screen on unless you have a bunch of background apps running. And stand by is locked screen similar to deep sleep but with out anything running like if music is then obviously that would be usage. I wish they had a screen on time feature. Lol

iPhone: About standby and usage time

Usage: Amount of time iPhone has been awake and in use since the last full charge. The phone is awake when you’re on a call, using email, listening to music, browsing the web, or sending and receiving text messages, or during certain background tasks such as auto-checking email.

Standby: Amount of time iPhone has been powered on since its last full charge, including the time the phone has been asleep.
    adam13141 likes this.
    09-27-2013 01:35 PM
    iPhone: About standby and usage time

Usage: Amount of time iPhone has been awake and in use since the last full charge. The phone is awake when youre on a call, using email, listening to music, browsing the web, or sending and receiving text messages, or during certain background tasks such as auto-checking email.

Standby: Amount of time iPhone has been powered on since its last full charge, including the time the phone has been asleep.
    Oh good to know about the stand by lol

09-27-2013 01:38 PM
    Ya from my iCloud
    I get 7 or more
    I don't ever get 7. Max 6 and a half usage. I set up as new and this phones battery is not great at all. It's pretty annoying.
    09-27-2013 09:41 PM
    I have a lot turned off, and I don't tinker with it a lot during the day I guess, and I turn it to airplane mode at night (for my sanity) so I can usually get a good 36-48 hours off a charge... It took me FOREVER to kill it last night so I could finally charge.
    Tell me your secret. My battery life is horribke
    09-27-2013 09:42 PM
    09-27-2013 09:56 PM
    Tell me your secret. My battery life is horribke
    I don't play with it all day, I don't use Wifi much, never bluetooth, never location services, never weather or stocks, I turn a lot of stuff off because I don't use/need it. And I turn airplane mode on at bedtime and don't turn my phone on til I leave for or get to work and clean out my inboxes online first.
    09-27-2013 11:35 PM
    I don't play with it all day, I don't use Wifi much, never bluetooth, never location services, never weather or stocks, I turn a lot of stuff off because I don't use/need it. And I turn airplane mode on at bedtime and don't turn my phone on til I leave for or get to work and clean out my inboxes online first.
    Mmm ok. With all those things off its like not having the complete features of an iPhone :-/.
    If that's the way of saving battery so be it. I use the weather only in the morning , I use wi Fi but turn it off when I don't use it. Stocks are off. But still not so great battery life. I don't have 4G yet cause of my carrier. Push mail for every 30 minutes.
    I also close all my apps from the multitasking all the time. Brightness is set at automatic.
    I also did a test to see how much battery I loose on stand by. The phone was 100% at night. I feel asleep then woke at 8am and it was 96%.
    Previously it would of drained 14%. After updating to iOS 7.0.2 battery life is a little bit better from those statistics.
    M.Rizk and eradicator2k14 like this.
    09-28-2013 01:22 AM
    I was able to gauge my battery life today while I was working in Baltimore. 3PM Battery 100% Did some texting instagraming all on LTE. Brightness was full. On stand by for a few hours.

Sat my phone on a music stand to read a PDF set list for the gig set to never lock for 1 hour and 45min full brightness. wifi was on but not connected at 11:30- 11:45 pm Battery was at 50%.
    09-28-2013 02:08 AM
    I was able to gauge my battery life today while I was working in Baltimore. 3PM Battery 100% Did some texting instagraming all on LTE. Brightness was full. On stand by for a few hours.

Sat my phone on a music stand to read a PDF set list for the gig set to never lock for 1 hour and 45min full brightness. wifi was on but not connected at 11:30- 11:45 pm Battery was at 50%.
    That's pretty good man. Did you restore your phone from back up? I'm getting pretty horrible battery life check it out. I got this today .
    I downloaded a 2 gig file in 3G and it did eat my battery a bit. But still I'm not getting the battery apple said I'm supposed to get.
    09-28-2013 02:34 AM
    That's pretty good man. Did you restore your phone from back up? I'm getting pretty horrible battery life check it out. I got this today http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/09/28/egyrejyh.jpg.
    I downloaded a 2 gig file in 3G and it did eat my battery a bit. But still I'm not getting the battery apple said I'm supposed to get.
    I did restore from a backup of my 4S that I traded in. I was working on the 15th floor of the Baltimore Hyatt Regency at the LTE coverage was great up there. 4 "dots" all the way
    09-28-2013 02:46 AM
    Mmm. I guess the reception on the phone has something to do with battery performance ?
    09-28-2013 02:48 AM
    Mmm. I guess the reception on the phone has something to do with battery performance ?
    Yes of course, the stronger the coverage the less power the phone wastes looking for coverage. So if you live in an area that has 5 bars you will always expect a perfect battery life.

Things can get even worse when the iPhone keeps looking for both 3G and LTE when the coverage is lost due to a black spot. That's why I wish Apple returns the "2G only feature".

Maybe in the past I would just jailbreak my device to add a feature like 2G only if available, but now I don't feel like jailbreaking. I am afraid some bad add ons on a jailbreak can get access to the Finger ID.

Sent from my iPad Mini using iMore Forums mobile app
    09-28-2013 03:14 AM
570 123 ...