iPhone 5s Battery Life?

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Five emails, two push; BBM including two groups, music, YouTube, Tapatalk with iMore and CB mostly.

This was over the weekend on wifi so signal was steady and strong. On weekdays I get around 12 IF I don't use the web on the train. If I use the web on the train it drops to around nine hours.

Sent from my GORGEOUS, AWESOME Gold 64G iPhone 5s via Tapatalk

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
That day? I was home so just when I was getting my mani/pedi. About that yes. It's days when I go to work that I listen to music
But the key is the signal.
I can use the phonr much tlonger on wifi or in a strong LTE area. With a dodgy signal the usage drops. On the train I can go through 20% of I push it between stations where the signal is bad.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Here is another day. That was during the week.

su5a7yba.jpg

manniiiii

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
IMG_0004_2.jpg

I am using my iPhone 5s since 1 Week. LTE always on, Sync 30 Minutes 5 email accounts

Before I used a Blackberry Z10 and the battery life was pretty bad!

All in all I can say that the switch was a good idea:big-hug:

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I LOVE my battery life. This will go over 24 hours. AGAIN.
adyme4a6.jpg

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
These screenshots don't mean much. They don't show all the variables that affect battery life. Have intense games been played? Have videos been watched? You would have to use the "usage and standby" times to run a test to see how your battery is performing. I've posted this test on other threads. But here it is again.
Write down your usage and standby time, press the sleep/wake button (or lock button, as some call it) to put the device to sleep, and set the device down for five minutes. When you come back, take note of the change in time. If your device is sleeping properly, then the Standby time should have increased by five minutes and your Usage time by <1 minute . If your Usage time rises by more than one minute, you have a drain problem. Something is keeping your device from sleeping properly, significantly shortening the time it will last.

Sent from from my iPhone 5

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
These screenshots don't mean much. They don't show all the variables that affect battery life. Have intense games been played? Have videos been watched? You would have to use the "usage and standby" times to run a test to see how your battery is performing. I've posted this test on other threads. But here it is again.
Write down your usage and standby time, press the sleep/wake button (or lock button, as some call it) to put the device to sleep, and set the device down for five minutes. When you come back, take note of the change in time. If your device is sleeping properly, then the Standby time should have increased by five minutes and your Usage time by <1 minute . If your Usage time rises by more than one minute, you have a drain problem. Something is keeping your device from sleeping properly, significantly shortening the time it will last.

Sent from from my iPhone 5

Don't kill my buzz man!!!!!:rotfl:

But I know what you mean. I simply compare with my other devices. Also whether or not my device is alive at the end of my day with my use vs my other devices.

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I'm not really sure what this is about. Updated to 7.1.2 this morning, let the battery die and charged it to 100. Now it's burning through; kind of crazy.

tagy4equ.jpg

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm not really sure what this is about. Updated to 7.1.2 this morning, let the battery die and charged it to 100. Now it's burning through; kind of crazy.
Reboot your device then charge it back to 100% and see if the battery life goes back to normal.

Crude Berry

Mar 10, 2012
Visit site

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/07/03/tagy4equ.jpg

See that one little dot at the top left hand corner of your screen? There's only one of them, and considering that the phone was in use the entire 29 minutes since the charger was removed, that percentage is not surprising. In fact it's right in line with the behavior of my own phone in a low signal environment.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
See that one little dot at the top left hand corner of your screen? There's only one of them, and considering that the phone was in use the entire 29 minutes since the charger was removed, that percentage is not surprising. In fact it's right in line with the behavior of my own phone in a low signal environment.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

There's always 1 or 2 signal bars or "dots" in my home. That's typical

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DrAkO82

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site
Never get more than 5 hours with one charge and 1 day of stand by with my 5S.

That's probably why i'm thinking of switching to a Xperia Z2 or M8 since 2 or 3 weeks. Damn Apple ecosystem i hate you :nerd:

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
View attachment 59663

I am using my iPhone 5s since 1 Week. LTE always on, Sync 30 Minutes 5 email accounts

Before I used a Blackberry Z10 and the battery life was pretty bad!

All in all I can say that the switch was a good idea:big-hug:

No matter how quick I kill my iPhone, it's never as bad as my Z10. That phone would die so fast, it was unbelievable. @_@

Sent from my larger than life device using Tapatalk.

Sanjay Chandra

May 10, 2014
Visit site
Anyone use Bluetooth streaming and getting very fast battery drain ?

I had to re-plug my phone quite a number of times because it's draining lot of battery.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1404915186.969165.jpg
    ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1404915186.969165.jpg
    148 KB · Views: 37