iPhone 5s Battery Life?

Arsenologist

May 29, 2014
Visit site
The club of people who are not happy with their battery life. It's not an actual club. It's an imaginary one. It's generally used to say that when two or more people agree on the same thing.

You automatically join a group by saying out loud your frustrations or satisfaction about a service or device or even an event.

Interesting!
I don't know english well beacuse my native lanuague is Persian.

cheers

Michael Zajdel

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys I have just moved from iPhone 5 to gold iPhone 5s and love it but I'm wondering about my battery. I have auto brightness on at 40%, 3 emails on push and 2 on fetch, background app refresh on but for selected apps like messenger, snapchat, whatsapp or weather, location services on also for chosen apps, push notification for Skype, Facebook, snapchat, Instagram and messenger. Wifi and 3g(4g enabled though) on all the time. Is the rate of dropping the battery ok??? ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1403265162.874271.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

anon7833325

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys I have just moved from iPhone 5 to gold iPhone 5s and love it but I'm wondering about my battery. I have auto brightness on at 40%, 3 emails on push and 2 on fetch, background app refresh on but for selected apps like messenger, snapchat, whatsapp or weather, location services on also for chosen apps, push notification for Skype, Facebook, snapchat, Instagram and messenger. Wifi and 3g(4g enabled though) on all the time. Is the rate of dropping the battery ok??? View attachment 59270

That's about what I get with mine and I don't have any email accounts fetching. So I'd say yes. Your battery is good.

Michael Zajdel

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Its seems fine till now, give us screenshot when u have 20-10 percent left

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

I'll post the results tomorrow as I have drained the battery to 2% today and through out the date I was doing a soft reset. I'll keep you guys updated tomorrow!

Michael Zajdel

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1403469999.643627.jpgok thats my battery life after full discharge. I think that I definitely don't have any problems with battery life!

Michael Zajdel

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys no problem I will tell you details of my settings.

Wifi, 3G with 4g enabled and Bluetooth always on

Auto-brightness default from Apple
iCloud, exchange and outlook account on push
Gmail and other mail on manual
iTunes automatic updates off
Reduce motion off
Perspective zoom off
Location services on every app
Background app refresh on every app
Facebook, snapchat, Instagram, skype, whatsapp on push
I have deleted facebook's messenger as notifications have a delay
iWork package synchronising with iCloud
Setting time zone turned on
Photos synchronising to iCloud
Backup on
I'm not force closing app from multitasking everything stays there

My usage for this specific day was Facebook, snapchat and Instagram, reading news, mail, spottily on 3G for 30minutes while I was on the beach, no music via iTunes with screen turned off

That's all my friends :)

Last edited:

nomoregames

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site

Reduce motion off
Perspective zoom off
Backup on

My usage for this specific day was Facebook, snapchat and Instagram, reading news, mail, spottily on 3G for 30minutes while I was on the beach, no music via iTunes with screen turned off

Thats is quite impressing ...

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

serglb

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site

Reduce motion off
Perspective zoom off
Backup on

Nice settings BUT sounds like the phone was barely used which would suck for heavy to moderate users.

Sent from my Gold iPhone 5S using Tapatalk 😁

Michael Zajdel

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Nice settings BUT sounds like the phone was barely used which would suck for heavy to moderate users.

That's how I use my phone. I think it's normal usage and actually things that the smartphone was made for. I'm not playing games because I have Xbox for it. Smartphone imo should be used on the go for specific purposes. Tbh I don't know who is a power user. Playing games? I know that iPhone 5s can handle everything but seriously consoles are for games. Anyone sharing my opinions?

serglb

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
That's how I use my phone. I think it's normal usage and actually things that the smartphone was made for. I'm not playing games because I have Xbox for it. Smartphone imo should be used on the go for specific purposes. Tbh I don't know who is a power user. Playing games? I know that iPhone 5s can handle everything but seriously consoles are for games. Anyone sharing my opinions?

Well for instance- I play no games on my phone. I'm in college so I edit docs on the go, send emails, check my college account via website, iMessage a lot, Instagram, snapchat and twitter. Then there are a couple of apps I use to keep up with forums and technology and some apps for like jobs and stuff. I listen to spotify and some music on my phone for a little bit.

I just turned off all my push email and background refresh and automatic brightness so I can still get the smartphone capabilities without crippling the phone to get good battery life even with my mophie case.

Michael Zajdel

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
I don't know what to say, guys. It just the battery life that I'm getting check out the screen shot of the battery at the momentImageUploadedByiMore Forums1403607510.657464.jpg

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
My 5S battery life recently has been all over the place.

Sent from my 5th gen iPod touch (beta testing) or iPhone 5S using Tapatalk