iPhone 5s Battery Life?

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
If I never play videos or games on it, I could get past 7 hours, but for me those things are usually what I do on my phone.

What is your usage like?

Around 7 hours tops on wifi en max 6 outside on 3G/4G.

But I never see the %1 as I always charge it before it reaches 30%. And I always carry a external battery with me.

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Around 7 hours tops on wifi en max 6 outside on 3G/4G.

But I never see the %1 as I always charge it before it reaches 30%. And I always carry a external battery with me.

That's not bad, and you have a portable battery. :) There's really nothing to complain about...

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
That's not bad, and you have a portable battery. :) There's really nothing to complain about...

Oh, I'm not complaining. In the contrary, I'm really glad with my battery life. I have 125 apps and Background App Refresh enabled and location services enabled for those supporting it. I'm addicted to Swarm (Foursquare).

So I don't see any reason for being disappointed in my battery life

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
I've been running almost two days now and the device wasn't even fully charges. Just bought it a few days ago. Currently sitting at 48%...

Sent from my iPhone

Brad Semenick

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site
I've got a 5s and right now I'm at 15% left 5 and a half hours on screen 14 hours and 20 minutes of standby. That's with my regular usage which I'd consider on the heavier side

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

epicness4G

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
My battery life is pretty horrible, I use a mophie plus (120%) and I go through that and the phone with just texting, moderate browsing and playing music for about an hour.

I think this is a big concern for Apple phones, they have yet to increase the battery from its predecessors, if they plan to come out with a 4.7 inch and a 5.5 they better put batteries comparable to those of the samsung devices. 1570 mAh does not cut it anymore.

nomoregames

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
How would you describe your usage? Is it on the heavy side?

Well yeah, i use it all the time on wifi most of the time and 3g sometimes... But sometimes i can get 5 hrs of usage, sometimes 7 but that is very rarely .. The average usage i get is 6 hrs... I use it for fb,tapatalk,instagram,mail, calls, camera etc

nomoregames

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
6h with 3G/4G or wifi?

6 hr most with wifi, very little 3g max 30 min, as i use the mobile network more , the less usage i get, and opposite with the wifi, as i use the phone just on wifi and no 3g i get higher usage

alejsalonica

May 11, 2014
Visit site
This is mine.
40% 3G 50% wifi.
Twitter, tapatalk, a bit of Facebook, voice calls, FaceTime. 10% spotify. No 4G.
Push always on, wifi always on, 3G always on.
Location services on (not all of them!)
Very good 3G signal cause of the 3G over Internet spot in my house.

Tell me your opinion!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1401393039.119494.jpg

kmbutterflyy

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
My standby and usage times are the same. I've done everything the internet websites have suggested and they still haven't changed. I reset the settings. I really don't want to reset my device and lose all my stuff and have to start all over again. I didn't get all my music from itunes and I have to search for it on an external drive somewhere.

doublebullout

May 2, 2010
Visit site
If a hard reset doesn't fix it, the only option left is to wipe everything and restore from backup. That's what I finally had to do, and it did fix the problem.

Arsenologist

May 29, 2014
Visit site
Good or bad?

10% screen brightness
used for gaming (15 mins), whatsapp, instagram and few calls

Location services OFF
No 3G/4G

I'm not happy with the battery life :(

Attachments

• IMG_2298.PNG
    IMG_2298.PNG
    73.1 KB · Views: 58

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Which club?
How ?!

The club of people who are not happy with their battery life. It's not an actual club. It's an imaginary one. It's generally used to say that when two or more people agree on the same thing.

You automatically join a group by saying out loud your frustrations or satisfaction about a service or device or even an event.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner