iPhone 5s Battery Life?

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I've been happy with my 5s battery life. I think it helps that I have a pebble connected so I know when I need to unlock my phone for a notification. Helps conserve battery.

Same here, and I aslo have a Pebble Smartwatch for the same reason. I took my 5s off the charger this morning at 7:00 and with "normal' use I'm still at 70% battery as I type this @3:05 PM ....That's VERY GOOD in MY book ....SMILE

Tpence2177

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
y4una3u7.jpg

Just got it yesterday and this is my first full charge. With me playing on it a good bit today I am definitely pleased with this :) way better than my old S3 would've been dead hours ago. Wifi has been on all day but hasn't been connected to my wifi at home but for about an hour or so. And I didn't have good service at all at church for about 3 hours of today too.

bgesullo

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
Why is the iphone 5s very fast to drain the battery? What can i do to increase the battery life?

Try bringing down your brightness on your device to a level that is comfortable to you. Also, as always turn off things like wifi and Bluetooth when you're not using them. Kill any apps that may still be running in the background as well. How long are you getting on your device?

Sent from my iPad using iMore Forums

DrAkO82

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site
Never be able to do more than 5 hours and a half of usage Time with my 5S...last week i go to Apple store and Genius Bar said everything was ok with my battery...

I hope the iPhone 6 will have a better battery...

Envoy? de mon iPhone 5S ? l'aide de iMore Forums

GusHerb

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
I average in the range of 5 hours usage. That number is dynamic though, on wifi I can get closer to 6 hours at 30% left and on LTE it's often less then 5 hours at 20% left.

A normal day for me is about 5 hours at 30% with mixed LTE and wifi usage.

I upgraded from the 5 to 5S and nothing changed. Battery isn't better or worse. I keep all background off, location services to a minimum, backlight on auto, and close out unused apps (which never makes a difference anyway)

Trees

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
^^^ Similarly, I'm at 14hrs and 30 mins. Unplugged this morning at 0600. I work during the day, so phone use is limited. Occasional phone call, text/iMessage, email, web, and music. I'm at 50% battery left. Some days it's more, others less. All depends on screen time, apps active, cell signal quality, etc.

anon(161369)

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site
This is the usage I'm getting on my new iPhone 5s , how would you all say it falls in line to normal battery life
e2ysu7a2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

elvisx77

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
Charged my iPhone 5S using a Anker Astro E5 using its 1A USB port. Charging time increased by approximately one hour or so and also the usage time increased dramatically. Here I'm posting some photos. This is the best I've got so far. I think it's charging at a low amperage. Must be less than 1A, that's why the charging time has increased.

Hope this reply won't categorized under marketing.

ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1397749522.391754.jpg
ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1397749548.639014.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 5S using iMore Forums mobile app

GusHerb

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1397889398.426549.jpg

My battery was pretty good today. Alot of it depends on how much it decides it wants to charge. Sometimes I remove it from the charger and it's at 99% and dropping quickly.

Today was all browsing and some FaceTime audio.

GusHerb

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1398147061.511260.jpg

This is the kind of battery life I could only dream about for the longest time. I attribute it to a lot of low power use tasks such as heavy talking and some streaming music with Bluetooth on but mostly just browsing with wifi.

bgesullo

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
I can pretty much go a full day through a charge on mine and I am a pretty heavy user on my device. With texting, phone calls and a lot of app usage/syncing. Better than my girlfriends 5C

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro