iPhone 5s Battery Life?

anon8383645

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
I don't play with it all day, I don't use Wifi much, never bluetooth, never location services, never weather or stocks, I turn a lot of stuff off because I don't use/need it. And I turn airplane mode on at bedtime and don't turn my phone on til I leave for or get to work and clean out my inboxes online first.

Well... Why bother with an iPhone in the 1st place then. Seems like a flip phone would do, or maybe a beeper.

elvisx77

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
Inadequate battery life is the #1 problem Common to all the iPhone owners. In Various threads in various forums people discusses things like switching off gps, switch off background app refresh, reduce motion, turn down screen brightness, using static wall papers instead of dynamic etc... Etc...

But my question is, why we spend this much of money for a smartphone if you cannot enjoy all of its services and features. We buy smartphones to enjoy its features. Not to turn them off just because of its crappy battery life.

I think apple should consider this factor as a major issue for their future smart phones.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using iMore Forums mobile app

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I am only on my second full day with a 5s and it's surprising how good the battery life has been. It has been as good and even a bit better than my 5c. So far today, I've been off charger for almost 13 hours and I've got 48% battery remaining. This is with Bluetooth turned on with both my Pebble and Jawbone Up24 connected the entire time. Overall usage is medium. A few phone calls, many texts and emails. I've been impressed.

Jrome.brooks

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I am only on my second full day with a 5s and it's surprising how good the battery life has been. It has been as good and even a bit better than my 5c. So far today, I've been off charger for almost 13 hours and I've got 48% battery remaining. This is with Bluetooth turned on with both my Pebble and Jawbone Up24 connected the entire time. Overall usage is medium. A few phone calls, many texts and emails. I've been impressed.

The 5s has better battery life than the note and gs4 great phone

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Inadequate battery life is the #1 problem Common to all the iPhone owners. In Various threads in various forums people discusses things like switching off gps, switch off background app refresh, reduce motion, turn down screen brightness, using static wall papers instead of dynamic etc... Etc...

But my question is, why we spend this much of money for a smartphone if you cannot enjoy all of its services and features. We buy smartphones to enjoy its features. Not to turn them off just because of its crappy battery life.

I think apple should consider this factor as a major issue for their future smart phones.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using iMore Forums mobile app

I don't turn anything off and I can get at least 6-7hrs use & 20hrs standby. I'm moving all the time and don't have time to be turning stuff on/off all day, so I just keep it on. I'm not sure if it's because I never charge my battery if its over 7% but my battery life is great!!

jmr1015

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
I don't know anyone with a Note or GS4 that can go as long as I can between charges, without some sort of extended battery or external battery pack, top-off charges sporadically, or heavily handicapping their phones features to extend battery life.

View attachment 44172

I charge my phone once or twice a week, and everything is enabled except Bluetooth. Background app refresh, parallax and animations, frequent locations... All turned on.

spotja

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
I don't know anyone with a Note or GS4 that can go as long as I can between charges, without some sort of extended battery or external battery pack, top-off charges sporadically, or heavily handicapping their phones features to extend battery life.

View attachment 44172

I charge my phone once or twice a week, and everything is enabled except Bluetooth. Background app refresh, parallax and animations, frequent locations... All turned on.

Looking at your usage stat, it's less than 2 hours usage per day on average. Dude, what do you use your 'smartphone' for?

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

jmr1015

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
Looking at your usage stat, it's less than 2 hours usage per day on average. Dude, what do you use your 'smartphone' for?

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Short phone calls. Text/iMessage. Lots of email. Occasional Safari browsing and GPS/Navigation. Pictures/video taking. Some Facebook/Instagram/twitter. Other various apps like banking/payment apps, photo sharing apps... Some iWork if needed. Spontanious purchases on the Amazon app.

I simply don't have my phone glued to my hand all day long. I pound out what I need to do with it, and put it back in my pocket. I don't play games on it or stream youtube videos. That's what my iPad is for. Strangely enough, I use my "smartphone" primarily as a communications and productivity device.

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Whatever you say.
So because I don't need to be constantly attached to my phone, I can't possibly "need" a smartphone, in your estimation? What makes you the grand decider of my needs? I don't want GPS on, I don't want background update on, I don't want frequent locations logged. That's not defeating the purpose of the phone, that's protecting what little privacy control I have and making the apps work how I want them to work. It does what I need it to do, and then some. I sit at a Mac most of the day, and can do most of my work on a computer, iMessage included, therefore negating my need to do most of that stuff on my iPhone til I am away from a computer. I also choose to turn my phone on Airplane mode overnight to prevent unnecessary noise. Anyone that needs to reach me in an emergency can call me at another number that is on overnight.

anon8383645

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
So because I don't need to be constantly attached to my phone, I can't possibly "need" a smartphone, in your estimation? What makes you the grand decider of my needs? I don't want GPS on, I don't want background update on, I don't want frequent locations logged. That's not defeating the purpose of the phone, that's protecting what little privacy control I have and making the apps work how I want them to work. It does what I need it to do, and then some. I sit at a Mac most of the day, and can do most of my work on a computer, iMessage included, therefore negating my need to do most of that stuff on my iPhone til I am away from a computer. I also choose to turn my phone on Airplane mode overnight to prevent unnecessary noise. Anyone that needs to reach me in an emergency can call me at another number that is on overnight.

Again whatever you say.

aue123

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
I own the Droid Maxx and the iPhone 5s.. I figure if I'm not trying to be glued to my phone I use the iPhone because of its inferior battery life. It does basic things and the battery is okay with everything turned off.. Now if I travel and need a phone/computer I use the Maxx, I can have everything turned on and be glued to my phone without having to worry about battery life.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro