iPhone 5s Battery Life?

Chris Cook5

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
I don't do anything special except to keep auto brightness off and the level set for under half. I don't need full brightness all the way up when I'm indoors. My email is set to Fetch every 15 minutes rather than Push. Bluetooth is kept off except if I need it on while driving to and from work. The only other thing that I did when I first got my 5S that many will say doesn't need to be done was to drain the battery 3 times and then once a month after that. I've been lucky enough to have good battery life doing it this way so far with all of my iPhones.

Would you mind taking a look at some screenshots? I got my 5S at the beginning of October & The battery seemed to be doing pretty well up until about 2 weeks ago.

Sent from my 5s iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1384012955.350696.jpg
    ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1384012955.350696.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 16
  • ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1384013182.621708.jpg
    ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1384013182.621708.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 14
  • ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1384013253.356104.jpg
    ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1384013253.356104.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:

ocena88

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Mine seems to be running almost twice more than my 2 years 4s after 4 days of usage. Below are the screenshots. Definitely happy with it..

esyqazyb.jpg

Edit: i have just plugged in the phone into the charger when i took the screenshot

Ujjwal Agarwal

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Hi friends I get a maximum of 5 hour usage. It's normal or not i don't . could anyone suggest me about it in this thread.

it should last atleast 7 hours..even on heavy usage...might be your phone have that battery issue which apple stated...manufacturing defect on couple of thousand devices take it to the apple and find out.

Chris Cook5

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
I noticed night that usage stats reset itself & I did not plug it in. Has anyone at this happened?

eve6er69

Trusted Member
Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
it should last atleast 7 hours..even on heavy usage...might be your phone have that battery issue which apple stated...manufacturing defect on couple of thousand devices take it to the apple and find out.

I know that this is a 5s thread but after I updated to 7 on my 4s I was charging it on average 3 times a day. I know the 5s has a 30 percent bigger battery but man ios 7 did a number on my battery

Sent from my gameboy color

aue123

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
I noticed night that usage stats reset itself & I did not plug it in. Has anyone at this happened?

Ive had this happen a few times, the phone probably rebooted in your pocket. check the diagnostics section of your phone and see the date on the most recent problem and that should give you a general idea.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site

this will happen anytime you get a "springboard" crash ? any time you open an app or try to use a function/feature and the phone flashes back to the Apple logo screen, the usage stats get reset. The diagnostics are captured (and sent to Apple, if you have that setting turned on).

Sent from a galaxy far, far away via Tapatalk.

Chris Cook5

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
this will happen anytime you get a "springboard" crash ? any time you open an app or try to use a function/feature and the phone flashes back to the Apple logo screen, the usage stats get reset. The diagnostics are captured (and sent to Apple, if you have that setting turned on).

With the springboard crash are you meaning when the app crashes. Lol

jmr1015

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
With the springboard crash are you meaning when the app crashes. Lol

No. An app crash will bring you back to the home screen. A springboard crash takes you to a blank screen with nothing but the Apple logo.

Chris Cook5

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site

I don't have springboard crashes

jmr1015

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
I don't have springboard crashes

If you're usage statistics have reset themselves, you've more than likely had a springboard crash, and just didn't witness it.

Check your diagnostics & usage log, and read the latest crash report.

leslie haw

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1384181307.594403.jpg

Hi all, I've posted this on another thread. I just ain't happy with my 5s batt life. Does this look bad? By the 9th hour of standby with about 4 hours usage, I've dropped below 30% battery. No games, no music. Just a few 1 minute phone calls, whatsapp and surfing.

sachin0002

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Current status
Standby: 13 hrs 40 mins
Usage: 6 hrs 30 mins

I get about 7 or 7:30 hrs...
I think the usages 7:30 also means that for 13 hrs 40 mins (stand by time) the iPhone is also connected to cellular radios... It's moderate ... Need to charge daily ... I watch movie on it everyday.. Almost everything on... Wifi or 3G on for 4 hrs or more... Games, browsing etc... So far... Okay

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh