Visit site
From yesterday:
uteverev.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Apple needs to step up I'm sorry they got androids lasting two days with heavy usage I hope the iPhone.6 is changes this

This is a thing I've finally come to terms with. I don't really need my phone to last all that time because I'm always near a charger. But, I did just get about 24 hrs of time off the charger from yesterday morning until this morning!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I'm not exactly sure what to call this but whenever I'm done with an app I close it out. I don't use LTE, even though it's available and I don't have background app refresh on. Certain things that can be tweaked to help battery life, I've done. Maybe I'll have to turn auto screen brightness off too. Didn't think I'd have to do that anymore.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1380478331.531930.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

Jrome.brooks

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm not exactly sure what to call this but whenever I'm done with an app I close it out. I don't use LTE, even though it's available and I don't have background app refresh on. Certain things that can be tweaked to help battery life, I've done. Maybe I'll have to turn auto screen brightness off too. Didn't think I'd have to do that anymore.

View attachment 39106

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

Yeah just your screen brightness off your battery life will improve

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
I have found the standby to be incredible (when I don't have my pebble watch connected) ... I have disabled auto brightness (not only saves battery but watching the brightness change messes with my eyes) and disabled parallax effects ... I easily get through a full day with moderate usage.

mattrock2003

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
I don't know what all the fuss is about with battery life. This is what I've gotten everyday since I've received mine with heavy use. Web browsing, music, Facebook, twitter, other apps and some games. I am also in a horrible area for coverage at my work with only 1 bar at 4G. It's taken me awhile to actually get the battery to die. It's a definite upgrade from my 3GS but I think its quite adequate overall.

battery life.png

Terb

Trusted Member
Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Is the first weekend I have had my phone being home all day on wifi.

Phone came off the charger around 6AM both days, still have over 80% battery 12 hrs later? With moderate usage
Cellular is really burning up my battery, I always have good coverage

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Is the first weekend I have had my phone being home all day on wifi.

Phone came off the charger around 6AM both days, still have over 80% battery 12 hrs later? With moderate usage
Cellular is really burning up my battery, I always have good coverage

That's what I've noticed as well. At work during the week, I turn off LTE because of the spotty coverage in the building and I can get through the day but sometimes i'm below 50% just before going home.

leslie haw

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1380555997.277242.jpg

This is what I got from my very first full charge of the 5s. Very impressed! I was on 4G the entire time. I'm from Singapore, btw :)

M.Rizk

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
Here's mine currently:

I would assume you are almost treating your iPhone as a normal cell phone with a black screen but you are always on WiFi and not even on 2G. That's the only way to achieve the crazy battery life you have.

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I would assume you are almost treating your iPhone as a normal cell phone with a black screen but you are always on WiFi and not even on 2G. That's the only way to achieve the crazy battery life you have.
Actually no, I almost NEVER turn on wifi. I only turn it on to upload videos to Dropbox, iCloud backup or do big downloads. I never use bluetooth either. LTE is always turned on, I've never turned that off because I bought a 5S in part for LTE. During the day at work I usually check my email on my computer, simply because I am on the computer, so it often doesn't even hit the phone before I've sent/replied/sent/replied a few times. I also turn it on airplane mode over night because one of my two numbers (one number gets forwarded here for calls) is like 1 number off from one of our children's hospitals, and you only need to be awakened by a panicked parent/grandparent dialing the wrong number at 2am once. The only app that I leave Location Services on for is Find my iPhone. Parallax is off, background app refresh is off. Basically anything that would suck power or be annoying to me is off til I need it with exception to email, texting, phonecalls.

I posted earlier in the thread about this:::
"I don't play with it all day, I don't use Wifi much, never bluetooth, never location services, never weather or stocks, I turn a lot of stuff off because I don't use/need it. And I turn airplane mode on at bedtime and don't turn my phone on til I leave for or get to work and clean out my inboxes online first."

"Well I don't need "the complete features of an iPhone" to always be turned on. They're there when I need them and then I turn them right back off. I can look out the window to see the weather, so I have no need for a weather app. I almost never use Wifi, unless I have to, I never use Bluetooth, other than when I was on vacation and wanted to sync my fitbit. I have my brightness down at like 20-25% and then autobrightness on. But for me, turning airplane mode on at night is a HUGE battery saver. Anyone that really needs us overnight can get hold of us on another phone number, so my phone is turned to Airplane Mode on purpose. And it makes a world of difference. I have Gmail on Fetch 15 minutes, Google Apps is set for push, Outlook is Push and iCloud Mail is push but I don't use that much."

M.Rizk

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
Actually no, I almost NEVER turn on wifi. I only turn it on to upload videos to Dropbox, iCloud backup or do big downloads. I never use bluetooth either. LTE is always turned on, I've never turned that off because I bought a 5S in part for LTE. During the day at work I usually check my email on my computer, simply because I am on the computer, so it often doesn't even hit the phone before I've sent/replied/sent/replied a few times. I also turn it on airplane mode over night because one of my two numbers (one number gets forwarded here for calls) is like 1 number off from one of our children's hospitals, and you only need to be awakened by a panicked parent/grandparent dialing the wrong number at 2am once. The only app that I leave Location Services on for is Find my iPhone. Parallax is off, background app refresh is off. Basically anything that would suck power or be annoying to me is off til I need it with exception to email, texting, phonecalls.

I posted earlier in the thread about this:::
"I don't play with it all day, I don't use Wifi much, never bluetooth, never location services, never weather or stocks, I turn a lot of stuff off because I don't use/need it. And I turn airplane mode on at bedtime and don't turn my phone on til I leave for or get to work and clean out my inboxes online first."

"Well I don't need "the complete features of an iPhone" to always be turned on. They're there when I need them and then I turn them right back off. I can look out the window to see the weather, so I have no need for a weather app. I almost never use Wifi, unless I have to, I never use Bluetooth, other than when I was on vacation and wanted to sync my fitbit. I have my brightness down at like 20-25% and then autobrightness on. But for me, turning airplane mode on at night is a HUGE battery saver. Anyone that really needs us overnight can get hold of us on another phone number, so my phone is turned to Airplane Mode on purpose. And it makes a world of difference. I have Gmail on Fetch 15 minutes, Google Apps is set for push, Outlook is Push and iCloud Mail is push but I don't use that much."

I see, that's a nice strategic planning. Which is good and I liked it. Maybe I would do the same too, because I actually use nothing more than emails, texts and phone calls too. Sometimes I browse few web pages and don't need any apps to run in background. I might go for the same configuration too because better battery life = happier me.

Sent from my iPad Mini using iMore Forums mobile app

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
That's a nice strategy ame but shoot, I use my phone more than 2 hrs during an 8 hr work day. Lol

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Usually, I don't screw with it a lot during the day because I have the luxury of being able to access whatever online on my computer. But I know that doesn't work for everyone. I just have no need or interest in a lot of things like weather or stock apps, background app refreshing, and the like.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Usually, I don't screw with it a lot during the day because I have the luxury of being able to access whatever online on my computer. But I know that doesn't work for everyone. I just have no need or interest in a lot of things like weather or stock apps, background app refreshing, and the like.

I have been considering going through to see what it is I'm not using and shut it off.

Chrisy

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
Does battery life get better after it has drained/recharged a few times and/or it "settles" in. That seems to be how BlackBerry batteries are.

I'm looking forward to moving from BlackBerry to iPhone!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR