Good info! Thank you
    10-22-2013 10:06 PM
    Does it matter how many times you charge the battery?

Sent from my 5s iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app
    10-22-2013 10:40 PM
    Does it matter how many times you charge the battery?

not necessarily. it's how many time you "cycle" the battery. there's a post around here somewhere that describes what you're interested in (better than i can)...iirc, one of the mods posted it.
    10-22-2013 10:52 PM
    I'm at 2%. This is my 2nd time to cycle. Is that good. Lol

10-22-2013 11:24 PM
    My galaxy S2 would be taken off the charger around 6:30 and I'd have to charge around noon to 1:00 to make sure I'd have enough battery to make it home after work. I can make it through a full day with my 5s even with moderate use. I'm thrilled as there were a few times with my S2 that I ran out of battery after being away from work or home longer then expected.
    10-23-2013 07:11 AM
    My galaxy S2 would be taken off the charger around 6:30 and I'd have to charge around noon to 1:00 to make sure I'd have enough battery to make it home after work. I can make it through a full day with my 5s even with moderate use. I'm thrilled as there were a few times with my S2 that I ran out of battery after being away from work or home longer then expected.
    Yupp, feel you there. Had a S2 a while ago as well hahaha
    10-23-2013 08:49 AM

Loving my 5S! My battery life seems to be getting better as time goes by. Just updated to 7.0.3 yesterday...so far so good😃

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    10-23-2013 05:13 PM
    Mine has been great...but I am coming from a 2 + year old HTC EVO 3D...which barely lasted an hour with use...
    nikkisharif likes this.
    10-23-2013 06:14 PM
    I did my 2nd full discharge this month last night. Is that okay for it? I got back from vacation yesterday after being gone almost a week. I found myself charging my phone more because I used it a lot. Is no limit on how many times you can charge these batteries are there. Lol i've turned off location services to everything since that might've been the main corporate of my battery

10-23-2013 07:41 PM
    I'll upload a screenshot of my battery life today, 2nd charge since getting the phone and it's getting better and better! As right now, 43% with almost 12 hours on, 6 hours usage. Looking good good
    nikkisharif likes this.
    10-23-2013 07:53 PM
    Still have awesome battery life on my 5S even after the latest iOS update. I'm only at 33% and should have no problems getting at least another 2-3 hours of usage out of the current charge.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk Pro.
    nikkisharif likes this.
    10-23-2013 07:55 PM
    This is mine for today. I'm off from work this week so I'm using my phone a lot ...

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk
    nikkisharif likes this.
    10-23-2013 08:43 PM
    Mine has been great...but I am coming from a 2 + year old HTC EVO 3D...which barely lasted an hour with use...
    I use to have a 3D and the original Evo 4G Wimax...loved and hated them at the same damn time LOL!! I think the hate was more so Sprint than anything else
    10-23-2013 08:47 PM
    iPhone 5s Battery Life?-imageuploadedbyimore-forums1382577656.750685.jpg
    Well, 2nd day and about to go to bed. I could probably get a few more hours until it dies.

Unplugged around 8-8.15am at 100%
    4G all day then turned wifi on at around 7pm
    Like 1.30 hours of music through bluetooth headphones and my car
    Email refresh, FB, instagram pretty much all day.
    Texts and like 1h30m of phone calls
    Clash of Clans and other game on and off all day
    Plugged back at 9.17pm at 28%
    10-23-2013 09:21 PM
    Mine has been stellar. Over 2 full 24hr days between charges, unless I'm on the phone nonstop.

http://i693.photobucket.com/albums/v...pse09f5e6e.jpg
    Usage purely 4G? or a mixture of wifi and 4G?
    10-24-2013 02:26 AM
    Usage purely 4G? or a mixture of wifi and 4G?
    Mixture of WiFi and 4G/LTE.
    10-24-2013 04:09 AM
    You need to give it a few charges before you compare batteries.
    melbsteve likes this.
    10-24-2013 08:36 AM
    hey guys,
    I'm gonna jump right in with an issue you might be able to help me with: My girlfriend's 5S (32gb) just arrived, I set it up for her and made sure we have the exact same settings running on both devices (I own the iPhone5), that is Location Services, Background App Refresh etc etc. are identical. I know that's what people tell those with battery issues ('deactivate this and that), but I made sure our phones are completely on a par and regardless her battery life (5S) is ridiculously short compared to mine (5). I'm super content with mine, get's me almost through two days straight without charging (and I do use my phone a lot), her stand by time seems alright, but once you start using it you can watch the battery percentage shrink down. I think she got about 3 hours something of active usage time today before recharging... that's surely not cool and also not normal (looking at all the screenshots here).
    Sooo in a nutshell: Any ideas how to tackle the thing? Is the battery just messed up and the device will have to be replaced, or is there another way of ramping up battery life significantly? I read about setting it up as a new iphone, restoring and so on, but that doesn't strike me as the ultimate solution considering we just unboxed it two days ago.
    Again: the settings are already dialed down to a minimum, many fun features are turned off, but it's still very much short of the 6-8 hours Apple promotes and my 5 seems to last almost twice as long.
    Did anyone have to put up with this on the 5S as well? Suggestions?
    Thanks!
    10-24-2013 09:18 AM
    I managed to whip out around 8 hours of usage time, and about 26 hours of standby whilst using a prepaid SIM card on my trip to Canada this past weekend.

Came back home and kept the usage roughly the same as I did there, and I can barely get 6 hours which, whilst still good, doesn't make sense. Maybe the Verizon network puts more of a strain on the battery than Koodo in Canada did?
    10-24-2013 09:57 AM
    Charging at 7%. Been using Wi-FiiPhone 5s Battery Life?-imageuploadedbyimore-forums1382631020.103833.jpg

10-24-2013 12:10 PM
    I'm at 2%. This is my 2nd time to cycle. Is that good. Lol

No, Li batteries don't like deep discharges. Nor do they appreciate staying on charger for long time period at 100%. And above all, keep em cool.

10-24-2013 04:25 PM
    hey guys,
    I'm gonna jump right in with an issue you might be able to help me with: My girlfriend's 5S (32gb) just arrived, I set it up for her and made sure we have the exact same settings running on both devices (I own the iPhone5), that is Location Services, Background App Refresh etc etc. are identical. I know that's what people tell those with battery issues ('deactivate this and that), but I made sure our phones are completely on a par and regardless her battery life (5S) is ridiculously short compared to mine (5). I'm super content with mine, get's me almost through two days straight without charging (and I do use my phone a lot), her stand by time seems alright, but once you start using it you can watch the battery percentage shrink down. I think she got about 3 hours something of active usage time today before recharging... that's surely not cool and also not normal (looking at all the screenshots here).
    Sooo in a nutshell: Any ideas how to tackle the thing? Is the battery just messed up and the device will have to be replaced, or is there another way of ramping up battery life significantly? I read about setting it up as a new iphone, restoring and so on, but that doesn't strike me as the ultimate solution considering we just unboxed it two days ago.
    Again: the settings are already dialed down to a minimum, many fun features are turned off, but it's still very much short of the 6-8 hours Apple promotes and my 5 seems to last almost twice as long.
    Did anyone have to put up with this on the 5S as well? Suggestions?
    Thanks!
    Give it a week and then check. Seems battery life improves after a few days. If not some have reported reloading operating system corrected it.
    melbsteve likes this.
    10-24-2013 04:29 PM
    Give it a week and then check. Seems battery life improves after a few days. If not some have reported reloading operating system corrected it.
    fair enough, thanks
    10-24-2013 09:41 PM
    What do you mean keep em cool?

10-25-2013 12:49 AM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    10-26-2013 02:15 AM
570 ... 7891011 ...