iPhone 5s Battery Life?

jkel777

Banned
Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
I'm coming from an Android so forgive me here... But is "usage" the same thing as "screen on?" And "standby" is the same as "deep sleep?"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

jackholl92

Apr 18, 2013
Visit site
I'm coming from an Android so forgive me here... But is "usage" the same thing as "screen on?" And "standby" is the same as "deep sleep?"

I had that question too. And no usage is the phone being used in anyway including music listening with screen off. So you could get usage up real high by listening to music the but other then that there wouldn't be much usage with out the screen on unless you have a bunch of background apps running. And stand by is locked screen similar to deep sleep but with out anything running like if music is then obviously that would be usage. I wish they had a screen on time feature. Lol

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I have a lot turned off, and I don't tinker with it a lot during the day I guess, and I turn it to airplane mode at night (for my sanity) so I can usually get a good 36-48 hours off a charge... It took me FOREVER to kill it last night so I could finally charge.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I had that question too. And no usage is the phone being used in anyway including music listening with screen off. So you could get usage up real high by listening to music the but other then that there wouldn't be much usage with out the screen on unless you have a bunch of background apps running. And stand by is locked screen similar to deep sleep but with out anything running like if music is then obviously that would be usage. I wish they had a screen on time feature. Lol

iPhone: About standby and usage time

Usage: Amount of time iPhone has been awake and in use since the last full charge. The phone is awake when you’re on a call, using email, listening to music, browsing the web, or sending and receiving text messages, or during certain background tasks such as auto-checking email.

Standby: Amount of time iPhone has been powered on since its last full charge, including the time the phone has been asleep.

jackholl92

Apr 18, 2013
Visit site
iPhone: About standby and usage time

Usage: Amount of time iPhone has been awake and in use since the last full charge. The phone is awake when you?re on a call, using email, listening to music, browsing the web, or sending and receiving text messages, or during certain background tasks such as auto-checking email.

Standby: Amount of time iPhone has been powered on since its last full charge, including the time the phone has been asleep.

Oh good to know about the stand by lol

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
I have a lot turned off, and I don't tinker with it a lot during the day I guess, and I turn it to airplane mode at night (for my sanity) so I can usually get a good 36-48 hours off a charge... It took me FOREVER to kill it last night so I could finally charge.

Tell me your secret. My battery life is horribke

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Tell me your secret. My battery life is horribke

I don't play with it all day, I don't use Wifi much, never bluetooth, never location services, never weather or stocks, I turn a lot of stuff off because I don't use/need it. And I turn airplane mode on at bedtime and don't turn my phone on til I leave for or get to work and clean out my inboxes online first.

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
I don't play with it all day, I don't use Wifi much, never bluetooth, never location services, never weather or stocks, I turn a lot of stuff off because I don't use/need it. And I turn airplane mode on at bedtime and don't turn my phone on til I leave for or get to work and clean out my inboxes online first.

Mmm ok. With all those things off its like not having the complete features of an iPhone :-/.
If that's the way of saving battery so be it. I use the weather only in the morning , I use wi Fi but turn it off when I don't use it. Stocks are off. But still not so great battery life. I don't have 4G yet cause of my carrier. Push mail for every 30 minutes.
I also close all my apps from the multitasking all the time. Brightness is set at automatic.
I also did a test to see how much battery I loose on stand by. The phone was 100% at night. I feel asleep then woke at 8am and it was 96%.
Previously it would of drained 14%. After updating to iOS 7.0.2 battery life is a little bit better from those statistics.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods