These screenshots don't mean much. They don't show all the variables that affect battery life. Have intense games been played? Have videos been watched? You would have to use the "usage and standby" times to run a test to see how your battery is performing. I've posted this test on other threads. But here it is again.
    Write down your usage and standby time, press the sleep/wake button (or lock button, as some call it) to put the device to sleep, and set the device down for five minutes. When you come back, take note of the change in time. If your device is sleeping properly, then the Standby time should have increased by five minutes and your Usage time by <1 minute . If your Usage time rises by more than one minute, you have a drain problem. Something is keeping your device from sleeping properly, significantly shortening the time it will last.

Sent from from my iPhone 5
    serglb likes this.
    07-02-2014 09:27 AM
    These screenshots don't mean much. They don't show all the variables that affect battery life. Have intense games been played? Have videos been watched? You would have to use the "usage and standby" times to run a test to see how your battery is performing. I've posted this test on other threads. But here it is again.
    Write down your usage and standby time, press the sleep/wake button (or lock button, as some call it) to put the device to sleep, and set the device down for five minutes. When you come back, take note of the change in time. If your device is sleeping properly, then the Standby time should have increased by five minutes and your Usage time by <1 minute . If your Usage time rises by more than one minute, you have a drain problem. Something is keeping your device from sleeping properly, significantly shortening the time it will last.

Sent from from my iPhone 5
    Don't kill my buzz man!!!!!

But I know what you mean. I simply compare with my other devices. Also whether or not my device is alive at the end of my day with my use vs my other devices.
    07-02-2014 11:00 AM
    I'm not really sure what this is about. Updated to 7.1.2 this morning, let the battery die and charged it to 100. Now it's burning through; kind of crazy.

07-02-2014 02:15 PM
    I'm not really sure what this is about. Updated to 7.1.2 this morning, let the battery die and charged it to 100. Now it's burning through; kind of crazy.
    Reboot your device then charge it back to 100% and see if the battery life goes back to normal.
    EmceeGeek likes this.
    07-02-2014 02:21 PM

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/07/03/tagy4equ.jpg
    See that one little dot at the top left hand corner of your screen? There's only one of them, and considering that the phone was in use the entire 29 minutes since the charger was removed, that percentage is not surprising. In fact it's right in line with the behavior of my own phone in a low signal environment.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums
    07-02-2014 04:15 PM
    See that one little dot at the top left hand corner of your screen? There's only one of them, and considering that the phone was in use the entire 29 minutes since the charger was removed, that percentage is not surprising. In fact it's right in line with the behavior of my own phone in a low signal environment.

There's always 1 or 2 signal bars or "dots" in my home. That's typical

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    07-02-2014 04:16 PM
    It gives me a usage of about 8 hours, alongwith standby time of 2 days
    07-07-2014 02:59 AM
    Never get more than 5 hours with one charge and 1 day of stand by with my 5S.

That's probably why i'm thinking of switching to a Xperia Z2 or M8 since 2 or 3 weeks. Damn Apple ecosystem i hate you
    07-07-2014 07:51 AM
    Attachment 59663

I am using my iPhone 5s since 1 Week. LTE always on, Sync 30 Minutes 5 email accounts

Before I used a Blackberry Z10 and the battery life was pretty bad!

All in all I can say that the switch was a good idea
    No matter how quick I kill my iPhone, it's never as bad as my Z10. That phone would die so fast, it was unbelievable. @_@

Sent from my larger than life device using Tapatalk.
    07-07-2014 08:01 AM
    Anyone use Bluetooth streaming and getting very fast battery drain ?

I had to re-plug my phone quite a number of times because it's draining lot of battery.
    Attached Thumbnails iPhone 5s Battery Life?-imageuploadedbyimore-forums1404915186.969165.jpg  
    07-09-2014 10:13 AM
    Weird how my battery sometimes is crazy good.

07-10-2014 08:50 AM
    Dude story of my life lol... Always something different every day
    nomoregames likes this.
    07-10-2014 08:54 AM

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/07/10/u6e5e3aq.jpg

Thats not possible man , how come, thats insane i even total cant get that usage....

07-10-2014 11:46 AM

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/07/10/u6e5e3aq.jpg

Same here, one day I get great battery life the next day I get horrible battery life. It's like a roller coaster for me in terms of battery life.

Sent from my iPhone 5S or 5th gen iPod Touch using Tapatalk
    07-11-2014 09:18 AM
    LTE 70% wifi 30% through through the dayiPhone 5s Battery Life?-imageuploadedbyimore-forums1405366055.376669.jpg

07-14-2014 03:27 PM
    I have little question... that ''usage'' tab is like ''screen on time'' in android?
    Is that really accurate?
    07-15-2014 08:36 AM
    Thats not possible man , how come, thats insane i even total cant get that usage....

It's possible for anyone. It all depends on what is done on the phone. If you stick to mostly offline stuff, no videos, no games, no music, no downloading stuff, it can be done.

Sent from from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5
    07-15-2014 09:53 AM
    It's possible for anyone. It all depends on what is done on the phone. If you stick to mostly offline stuff, no videos, no games, no music, no downloading stuff, it can be done.

Sent from from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5
    No ways, just if you use the phone to check the time, you must void almost everything to have that usage, no calls, no internet, no nothing, airplane mode on etc .
    But i still dont believe that usage

07-15-2014 10:19 AM
    I always carry with me an external 5000mAh battery charger. I don't worry about this.
    07-22-2014 10:33 AM
    Depends on setup. 5s battery life is comparable to iPhone 5.
    On my iPhone 5 with all syncs disabled and most battery friendly config possible I got 88 hours standby with 7~8 hours usage (screenshot provided upon request). LTE on entire time and some wifi usage. With my usual syncs like 2x mail with refresh every hour, social networking syncs, messaging syncs I get two days.

All comes down to your config.
    07-23-2014 05:01 PM
    Currently running iOS 8 Beta 4, and can say it's pretty good. Gets me until evening, and I'm always near a charger.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    07-24-2014 01:07 AM
    iPhone 5 on iOS 6.1.3 (mid 2013, 6 month old battery, jailbroken) with my battery life config (minimal syncs), wifi and LTE always on with obvious wifi usage at home and work:
    iPhone 5s Battery Life?-img_0561.png

iPhone 5s on 7.1.2 (recently, 3 day old battery, jailbroken) with wifi and LTE always on with obvious wifi usage at home and work. Quite heavy use (I want to say 60% of that was music playback with screen off):
    iPhone 5s Battery Life?-2014-07-22-21.08.26.png

The following syncs are enabled on the 5s:
    -Dropbox
    -Google Drive
    -Scanner Pro
    -Lync 2010
    -Pebble
    -Tinder
    -Hangouts
    -Viber
    -Paper (Facebook Paper)
    -Tapatalk
    -Instagram
    -Alien Blue
    -Tweetbot
    -Gmail and Hotmail fetch every 1 hour
    Background Refresh only enabled for Dropbox and Skype. Auto brightness disabled.
    iCloud disabled, except for find my phone.

Battery drain is under 1% per hour, closer to 0.7~0.75%.

While bad signal can GREATLY impact battery life, most people that complain about iPhone battery life are simply not configuring the phones properly and can't be bothered to Google solutions.
    07-24-2014 09:04 PM
    iPhone 5 on iOS 6.1.3 (mid 2013, 6 month old battery, jailbroken) with my battery life config (minimal syncs), wifi and LTE always on with obvious wifi usage at home and work:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0561.PNG 
Views:	68 
Size:	105.1 KB 
ID:	61346

iPhone 5s on 7.1.2 (recently, 3 day old battery, jailbroken) with wifi and LTE always on with obvious wifi usage at home and work. Quite heavy use (I want to say 60% of that was music playback with screen off):
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2014-07-22 21.08.26.png 
Views:	65 
Size:	76.2 KB 
ID:	61347

The following syncs are enabled on the 5s:
    -Dropbox
    -Google Drive
    -Scanner Pro
    -Lync 2010
    -Pebble
    -Tinder
    -Hangouts
    -Viber
    -Paper (Facebook Paper)
    -Tapatalk
    -Instagram
    -Alien Blue
    -Tweetbot
    -Gmail and Hotmail fetch every 1 hour
    Background Refresh only enabled for Dropbox and Skype. Auto brightness disabled.
    iCloud disabled, except for find my phone.

Battery drain is under 1% per hour, closer to 0.7~0.75%.

While bad signal can GREATLY impact battery life, most people that complain about iPhone battery life are simply not configuring the phones properly and can't be bothered to Google solutions.
    Very informative post. Thank you Scorpion!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Scorpion667 likes this.
    07-24-2014 10:41 PM
    Forgot to mention, in my experience on 5s iOS 7.1.2 the official Facebook (EVEN with backgrounding disabled) and Whatsapp apps negatively impact battery life which is why I removed them. Both Facebook version 8.0 as well as the latest 3 versions exhibit this behavior. Facebook Paper is a good alternative which really anyone can download even outside US.. google it. To my knowledge Facebook does stuff in the background anyway even if you disable Background App Refresh for it, because they abuse the VOIP permissions (VOIP services have system permission to run in the background, without asking you). That's the only plausible explanation I have for FB affecting my phone's awake time GREATLY, even with background app refresh disabled, because iOS is otherwise very strict in this regard.

If I pull my phone off the charger in the morning (100% battery) with FB installed, even if I BARELY touch my phone (realistically 15 mins of usage) it shows like 2.5+ hour awake time... and I can reproduce this consistently!

I don't mind FB and Google data mining me AS LONG AS it doesn't impact my battery life greatly. Fortunately Google apps in my experience don't hammer the battery on iOS, unlike they do on Android 4.4.2 (I ran low level diagnostics on several Nexus devices and discovered Google Play Services hammering a service called NLPwakelockCollector (NLP = network location provider) polling my location 1100+ times per day. I've seen as high as 1350 ish. I happened to study advertising in college and I know first hand that location data is very valuable to ad agencies. If you pass by the same restaurant 40 times per month on your way to work (there and back, 20 work days x2) it's in their best interest to advertise to you etc...
    Last edited by Scorpion667; 07-24-2014 at 11:53 PM.
    07-24-2014 11:42 PM
    My second (refurbished one) iPhone:
    iPhone 5s Battery Life?-imageuploadedbytapatalk1407127808.138915.jpg
    iPhone 5s Battery Life?-imageuploadedbytapatalk1407127861.241622.jpg

I am satisfied with this battery life.
    08-04-2014 12:51 AM
570 ... 20212223