Is this decent?Attachment 45191

Sent from my 5s iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app
    Yes. Really good.

Sent from my Black iPhone 5S using Tapatalk 😊
    12-31-2013 04:08 AM
    Today I decided to try an experiment. I disabled all location services and background refresh. The phone was fully charge about 10pm last night.

As of now I have 48% remaining with 4 hours and 30 minutes on the usage clock. That's much better than it's been.

Imessage, some web browsing and on the phone a lot. So I guess it's possible to get decent battery life, with some options disabled. I am going to re-enable all options and see what happens, again.
    12-31-2013 06:01 PM
    How's this?
    iPhone 5s Battery Life?-imageuploadedbyimore-forums1388536685.685146.jpg
    12-31-2013 07:38 PM
    How's this?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1388536685.685146.jpg 
Views:	196 
Size:	66.3 KB 
ID:	45216
    This is on par with what I'm getting, I consider this very good
    12-31-2013 08:57 PM
    I don't play with it all day, I don't use Wifi much, never bluetooth, never location services, never weather or stocks, I turn a lot of stuff off because I don't use/need it. And I turn airplane mode on at bedtime and don't turn my phone on til I leave for or get to work and clean out my inboxes online first.
    Well... Why bother with an iPhone in the 1st place then. Seems like a flip phone would do, or maybe a beeper.
    01-04-2014 10:22 PM
    Well... Why bother with an iPhone in the 1st place then. Seems like a flip phone would do, or maybe a beeper.
    Because it meets my needs. I don't need to play with my phone all day.
    01-13-2014 02:41 PM
    Because it meets my needs. I don't need to play with my phone all day.
    Whatever you say.
    serglb likes this.
    01-13-2014 04:27 PM
    I'd rather not own an iPhone flip phone. However to each their own.
    01-14-2014 05:43 AM
    Inadequate battery life is the #1 problem Common to all the iPhone owners. In Various threads in various forums people discusses things like switching off gps, switch off background app refresh, reduce motion, turn down screen brightness, using static wall papers instead of dynamic etc... Etc...

But my question is, why we spend this much of money for a smartphone if you cannot enjoy all of its services and features. We buy smartphones to enjoy its features. Not to turn them off just because of its crappy battery life.

I think apple should consider this factor as a major issue for their future smart phones.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using iMore Forums mobile app
    darksora14562 and serglb like this.
    01-14-2014 12:25 PM
    I'd rather not own an iPhone flip phone. However to each their own.
    Who said anything about an iPhone flip phone?
    01-14-2014 04:58 PM
    couple of days ago

iPhone 5s Battery Life?-imageuploadedbytapatalkhd1389749097.575890.jpg

Since yesterday

iPhone 5s Battery Life?-imageuploadedbytapatalkhd1389749137.910885.jpg

Sent from my super secret shoe device using Tapatalk HD
    01-14-2014 08:27 PM
    Who said anything about an iPhone flip phone?
    The remark was a reference to turning off every settable feature that makes an iphone an iphone. Dumbing the usage basically down to a flip phone.
    01-14-2014 09:55 PM
    The remark was a reference to turning off every settable feature that makes an iphone an iphone. Dumbing the usage basically down to a flip phone.
    Ah... Gotcha
    01-14-2014 10:04 PM
    I am only on my second full day with a 5s and it's surprising how good the battery life has been. It has been as good and even a bit better than my 5c. So far today, I've been off charger for almost 13 hours and I've got 48% battery remaining. This is with Bluetooth turned on with both my Pebble and Jawbone Up24 connected the entire time. Overall usage is medium. A few phone calls, many texts and emails. I've been impressed.
    01-14-2014 10:39 PM
    I am only on my second full day with a 5s and it's surprising how good the battery life has been. It has been as good and even a bit better than my 5c. So far today, I've been off charger for almost 13 hours and I've got 48% battery remaining. This is with Bluetooth turned on with both my Pebble and Jawbone Up24 connected the entire time. Overall usage is medium. A few phone calls, many texts and emails. I've been impressed.
    The 5s has better battery life than the note and gs4 great phone
    01-18-2014 09:27 AM
    Inadequate battery life is the #1 problem Common to all the iPhone owners. In Various threads in various forums people discusses things like switching off gps, switch off background app refresh, reduce motion, turn down screen brightness, using static wall papers instead of dynamic etc... Etc...

But my question is, why we spend this much of money for a smartphone if you cannot enjoy all of its services and features. We buy smartphones to enjoy its features. Not to turn them off just because of its crappy battery life.

I think apple should consider this factor as a major issue for their future smart phones.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using iMore Forums mobile app
    I don't turn anything off and I can get at least 6-7hrs use & 20hrs standby. I'm moving all the time and don't have time to be turning stuff on/off all day, so I just keep it on. I'm not sure if it's because I never charge my battery if its over 7% but my battery life is great!!
    anon8383645 likes this.
    01-18-2014 10:33 AM
    The 5s has better battery life than the note and gs4 great phone
    I doubt this. Unless EVERYTHING is turned off...

01-18-2014 04:51 PM
    I doubt this. Unless EVERYTHING is turned off...

My 5s moderate use is a day and a half heavy use 12 to 13 and that's with locations on I had friends with gs4 that didn't last that long
    01-18-2014 05:17 PM
    I don't know anyone with a Note or GS4 that can go as long as I can between charges, without some sort of extended battery or external battery pack, top-off charges sporadically, or heavily handicapping their phones features to extend battery life.

Attachment 44172

I charge my phone once or twice a week, and everything is enabled except Bluetooth. Background app refresh, parallax and animations, frequent locations... All turned on.
    BB_Junky likes this.
    01-19-2014 11:30 PM
    I don't know anyone with a Note or GS4 that can go as long as I can between charges, without some sort of extended battery or external battery pack, top-off charges sporadically, or heavily handicapping their phones features to extend battery life.

Attachment 44172

I charge my phone once or twice a week, and everything is enabled except Bluetooth. Background app refresh, parallax and animations, frequent locations... All turned on.

Looking at your usage stat, it's less than 2 hours usage per day on average. Dude, what do you use your 'smartphone' for?

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
    serglb likes this.
    01-20-2014 04:57 AM
    Looking at your usage stat, it's less than 2 hours usage per day on average. Dude, what do you use your 'smartphone' for?

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
    Short phone calls. Text/iMessage. Lots of email. Occasional Safari browsing and GPS/Navigation. Pictures/video taking. Some Facebook/Instagram/twitter. Other various apps like banking/payment apps, photo sharing apps... Some iWork if needed. Spontanious purchases on the Amazon app.

I simply don't have my phone glued to my hand all day long. I pound out what I need to do with it, and put it back in my pocket. I don't play games on it or stream youtube videos. That's what my iPad is for. Strangely enough, I use my "smartphone" primarily as a communications and productivity device.
    Jrome.brooks likes this.
    01-20-2014 05:55 AM
    Whatever you say.
    So because I don't need to be constantly attached to my phone, I can't possibly "need" a smartphone, in your estimation? What makes you the grand decider of my needs? I don't want GPS on, I don't want background update on, I don't want frequent locations logged. That's not defeating the purpose of the phone, that's protecting what little privacy control I have and making the apps work how I want them to work. It does what I need it to do, and then some. I sit at a Mac most of the day, and can do most of my work on a computer, iMessage included, therefore negating my need to do most of that stuff on my iPhone til I am away from a computer. I also choose to turn my phone on Airplane mode overnight to prevent unnecessary noise. Anyone that needs to reach me in an emergency can call me at another number that is on overnight.
    Grabber5.0 likes this.
    01-20-2014 04:51 PM
    So because I don't need to be constantly attached to my phone, I can't possibly "need" a smartphone, in your estimation? What makes you the grand decider of my needs? I don't want GPS on, I don't want background update on, I don't want frequent locations logged. That's not defeating the purpose of the phone, that's protecting what little privacy control I have and making the apps work how I want them to work. It does what I need it to do, and then some. I sit at a Mac most of the day, and can do most of my work on a computer, iMessage included, therefore negating my need to do most of that stuff on my iPhone til I am away from a computer. I also choose to turn my phone on Airplane mode overnight to prevent unnecessary noise. Anyone that needs to reach me in an emergency can call me at another number that is on overnight.
    Again whatever you say.
    serglb likes this.
    01-20-2014 08:45 PM
    I own the Droid Maxx and the iPhone 5s.. I figure if I'm not trying to be glued to my phone I use the iPhone because of its inferior battery life. It does basic things and the battery is okay with everything turned off.. Now if I travel and need a phone/computer I use the Maxx, I can have everything turned on and be glued to my phone without having to worry about battery life.
    serglb likes this.
    01-21-2014 01:45 AM
    I own the Droid Maxx and the iPhone 5s.. I figure if I'm not trying to be glued to my phone I use the iPhone because of its inferior battery life. It does basic things and the battery is okay with everything turned off.. Now if I travel and need a phone/computer I use the Maxx, I can have everything turned on and be glued to my phone without having to worry about battery life.
    3500mAh battery VS 1560mAh battery

I really really would hope the Maxx had better battery life than the iPhone... Considering its battery is roughly 125% larger...
    serglb and nikkisharif like this.
    01-21-2014 03:01 AM
570 ... 1314151617 ...