when i play the "pool" game on my 5s the battery lasts a total of 3 hours
    12-06-2013 06:16 PM
    I've come to the conclusion that there is NOT a smartphone battery made that could/would last as long as I would like it to (about a month....SMILE) without charging everyday, so over the years I've always allowed a little extra money in my smartphone budget for an extra battery. After doing research on the iphone's history of battery life nothing was any different. I allowed a little extra cash for the Mophie Juice Pack Air.......I am HAPPY with my choice
    12-06-2013 06:28 PM
    My 5s lasts about the same as my 5 did, and my 4s before that. I take it off the charger at 5:30am and it goes back on around 10pm. I think a lot of people have some pretty unrealistic expectations for a phone battery.
    Mason Rasmussen likes this.
    12-06-2013 09:34 PM
    I've come to the conclusion that there is NOT a smartphone battery made that could/would last as long as I would like it to (about a month....SMILE) without charging everyday, so over the years I've always allowed a little extra money in my smartphone budget for an extra battery. After doing research on the iphone's history of battery life nothing was any different. I allowed a little extra cash for the Mophie Juice Pack Air.......I am HAPPY with my choice
    Yutt!! Droid Maxx Battery is stellar..
    12-06-2013 10:08 PM
    Yutt!! Droid Maxx Battery is stellar..
    Glad you're happy with the Droid.....just something about that name and phone that I just can't put my finger on....SMILE. Good luck with it. Oh by the way, how hard is it to find accesories for the DROID
    12-06-2013 10:18 PM
    headphones are universal.. chargers are all micro usb. what more would you need ? 800+ colors and designs of cases.. that's just knit picking.
    12-06-2013 11:25 PM
    headphones are universal.. chargers are all micro usb. what more would you need ? 800+ colors and designs of cases.. that's just knit picking.
    YES........LOL
    12-07-2013 09:54 AM
    Hey guys, I am new here and also new to iPhones, coming from Android. I searched up this thread because well, I am one of those who had battery issues.
    I bought the phone around the end of November (Apple admitted battery defects around late October so I reckon they already sort it out with the manufacturer).
    But still I am having bad battery life.
    I am always on 3G, my area doesn't have LTE yet, so I switched off LTE and I also switch off anything I don't need like some background apps, and most of the location services. I never get beyond 5 hours of browsing with 3G. Maximum I've got was 3-4 hours of usage when using Facebook, Safari, a few calls, texts, iMessages and whatsapp. I get around 1 - 3 bars of 3G here, bad coverage area. Is it normal?
    I've restored 3 times to 7.0.4 but its still the same.
    Playing games (Real Racing, PVZ 2) with everything turned off gets me about 4.30 hours.
    I never get the promised 8 hours on 3G browsing as promised by Apple. Curses!
    Also, sometimes the phone heats up all of a sudden. I tried turning off all iCloud syncing and push emails and the heat issue is gone. I'll still have to monitor though.

Sorry for the long post, it's my first post, btw.
    PS, I'll post screenshots once this charge is drained.
    12-08-2013 01:57 PM
    Hey guys, I am new here and also new to iPhones, coming from Android. I searched up this thread because well, I am one of those who had battery issues.
    I bought the phone around the end of November (Apple admitted battery defects around late October so I reckon they already sort it out with the manufacturer).
    But still I am having bad battery life.
    I am always on 3G, my area doesn't have LTE yet, so I switched off LTE and I also switch off anything I don't need like some background apps, and most of the location services. I never get beyond 5 hours of browsing with 3G. Maximum I've got was 3-4 hours of usage when using Facebook, Safari, a few calls, texts, iMessages and whatsapp. I get around 1 - 3 bars of 3G here, bad coverage area. Is it normal?
    I've restored 3 times to 7.0.4 but its still the same.
    Playing games (Real Racing, PVZ 2) with everything turned off gets me about 4.30 hours.
    I never get the promised 8 hours on 3G browsing as promised by Apple. Curses!
    Also, sometimes the phone heats up all of a sudden. I tried turning off all iCloud syncing and push emails and the heat issue is gone. I'll still have to monitor though.

Sorry for the long post, it's my first post, btw.
    PS, I'll post screenshots once this charge is drained.
    Sounds normal if you only normally have 1-3 bars of 3G. Phone has to boost the radio signal more which requires more power which uses more battery.
    12-08-2013 03:15 PM
    http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/12/06/e7ugyrum.jpg

Check this out! Best battery yet!

Carried by a raven from the Wall.
    Is background refresh on, reduce motion off and location on?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    12-08-2013 10:01 PM
    Hi, all, I am in Taiwan now.
    Recently, I found my battery drain too fast.
    So I tested my 5S 100% at airplane mode when I sleep, after 6 hours later, I found only 50% left, and the usage only 5 mins !!!

I tried to do iOS Diagnostic with AppleCare online.
    They checked my diagnostic data and said the test report shows my battery functioning normally ?!
    They asked me to do "Factory Restore". I did it and test again, the battery drain fast the same.

Then they did diagnostic again, and said my battery is still functioning normally.
    They asked me to do "Battery Calibration", that is "Full discharge to 0% and then recharge to 100%", and then test again.

Is there anyone encounter the same problem?
    I think no body's battery life is shorter than me....

iPhone 5s Battery Life?-2013-12-7-9-38-21.jpg
    12-09-2013 02:19 AM
    There must be stuck background process. A simple off and on should solve your issue
    12-09-2013 06:05 AM
    Sounds normal if you only normally have 1-3 bars of 3G. Phone has to boost the radio signal more which requires more power which uses more battery.
    Oh, I see. Guess my expectation was a little too high then. Envy you guys that could get 8 hours easy.
    Compared with a friend of mine's iPhone 5S and his drained a little more. So I guess it is normal.

iPhone 5s Battery Life?-img_0010-1-.png
    3G on all the time, a little spotify, took some pictures, whatsapp and facebook all the time, 30 mins of gaming with 3G and the rest were all Safari and miscellaneous apps. Is this normal? As you can see I have 3 bars only.
    12-09-2013 09:57 AM
    Oh, I see. Guess my expectation was a little too high then. Envy you guys that could get 8 hours easy.
    Compared with a friend of mine's iPhone 5S and his drained a little more. So I guess it is normal.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0010[1].PNG 
Views:	100 
Size:	78.8 KB 
ID:	44052
    3G on all the time, a little spotify, took some pictures, whatsapp and facebook all the time, 30 mins of gaming with 3G and the rest were all Safari and miscellaneous apps. Is this normal? As you can see I have 3 bars only.
    Sounds ok for on all 3G and only 3 bars or less. When phone companies report battery life (regardless if it's Apple, Samsung, Nokia, etc) it is for a phone on medium brightness with a full strength signal and only running/using a browser. So 8 hours would be expected only if you had 5 bars, did not have WhatsApp? And Facebook running, played no games or streaming music, and the only thing you did was surf the web with Safari.
    12-09-2013 10:50 AM
    Sounds ok for on all 3G and only 3 bars or less. When phone companies report battery life (regardless if it's Apple, Samsung, Nokia, etc) it is for a phone on medium brightness with a full strength signal and only running/using a browser. So 8 hours would be expected only if you had 5 bars, did not have WhatsApp? And Facebook running, played no games or streaming music, and the only thing you did was surf the web with Safari.
    Thanks for clarifying. It's good to hear.
    12-09-2013 11:46 AM
    #1 way to extent battery life.. Turn off all functions of the phone until you need them. Basically make it a dumb phone. Then you'll get your 5+ hours.
    12-09-2013 04:28 PM
    There must be stuck background process. A simple off and on should solve your issue
    I have tried factory restore and not install any apps, only official apps left, and also enable airplane mode.
    I am testing power usage now after battery calibration (full discharge to 0% then charge to 100%).
    Is there any tools/apps can examine battery hardware issue?
    12-09-2013 10:07 PM
    I have tried factory restore and not install any apps, only official apps left, and also enable airplane mode.
    I am testing power usage now after battery calibration (full discharge to 0% then charge to 100%).
    Is there any tools/apps can examine battery hardware issue?
    Use this app to view background processes.
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/sys-...mUvbUpU2149749
    Or you can use battery doctor to see apps that drains the most.
    https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/batt...mUvbUpU2149749

Good luck. It took me a few restores for it to be stable. Careful with what you install next time.
    hockeydennisk likes this.
    12-10-2013 04:54 AM
    so I got 5s last week and for first few days batt life seemed really good (although I didnt bother to check what I was getting) then sudenly I realised it was going flat over night when I went to with it on 100% (so lasting <8 hours on stand by).

Here's my usage from a standard day. mainly just instagram/facebook and even sometime on flight mode. Do you guys reckon I might have one of the faulty 5s's we've been hearing about? Thoughts greatly appreciated...

iPhone 5s Battery Life?-photo.png
    12-10-2013 05:36 AM
    i got my iPhone 5S on 4th of December and my status was exactly same as you. I searched web and found that i forgot to turn off "background app refresh" (may be you should check some other settings that are consuming a lot of power)

and also i think the people who has 7 hours usage, listening music or using Bluetooth in their car. (which are not using screen but phone counts as usage)

Hope, i could explain what i meant.
    12-10-2013 08:35 AM
    Can't complain, I'm very satisfied iPhone 5s Battery Life?-imageuploadedbyimore-forums1386727015.649924.jpg
    serglb likes this.
    12-10-2013 08:56 PM
    Definitely happy with the battery on my 5S, coming from a Nexus4. I've had it for a couple weeks, but today was the first day I had to really run the battery down, using mostly wifi browsing and Spotify, and auto-brightness.

serglb likes this.
    12-10-2013 09:02 PM
    i got my iPhone 5S on 4th of December and my status was exactly same as you. I searched web and found that i forgot to turn off "background app refresh" (may be you should check some other settings that are consuming a lot of power)

and also i think the people who has 7 hours usage, listening music or using Bluetooth in their car. (which are not using screen but phone counts as usage)

Hope, i could explain what i meant.
    I have background app refresh turned on. I also don't listen to music (still use my iPod for that) and don't use Bluetooth at all. I still manage 7 to 10 hours of usage and 2 to 4 days standby.

iPhone 5s Battery Life?-image.jpg
    12-11-2013 01:50 AM
    I have background app refresh turned on. I also don't listen to music (still use my iPod for that) and don't use Bluetooth at all. I still manage 7 to 10 hours of usage and 2 to 4 days standby.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	210 
Size:	86.2 KB 
ID:	44172
    4 Days of standby? How do you achieve that?
    12-11-2013 03:18 AM
    My 5s lasts about the same as my 5 did, and my 4s before that. I take it off the charger at 5:30am and it goes back on around 10pm. I think a lot of people have some pretty unrealistic expectations for a phone battery.
    Yeah I agree. You gotta be realistic. With all these features packed in a small device surely something gotta give.
    12-11-2013 08:01 AM
570 ... 1112131415 ...