Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
This is what I got I'm impressed !!!
8uta8u9u.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

Fortheus

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
Do you guys with > 7 hours usage use icloud and exchange account?

What icloud features are on?

Do you use push? Or fetch? Or manual?

4G on with 2-3bar?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
My battery life is still pretty good. This was from this morning, just before I plugged my phone in. The wifi at work is horrendous, so I'm on LTE all day

eby9uhuz.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I wasn't getting the best battery life with my first 5S (got it around release) but after switching back to the i5 and getting a new 5S, I see it's significantly better.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1383376576.685014.jpg

After social networking and a hour phone call.

anon6040766

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
I'm a heavy user. Get 5-7 hours talk time, 200 texts, 125 emails, lots of internet iMore and CrackBerry (sorry!). Then about 16 hours standby. All in all phone comes off charger around 5am and goes back on 10pm with 20% battery left.

This was today and Fridays are a bit light.ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1383379411.374695.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 5s on Verizon from Philly.

SprSynJn

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
I managed to whip out around 8 hours of usage time, and about 26 hours of standby whilst using a prepaid SIM card on my trip to Canada this past weekend.

Came back home and kept the usage roughly the same as I did there, and I can barely get 6 hours which, whilst still good, doesn't make sense. Maybe the Verizon network puts more of a strain on the battery than Koodo in Canada did?

I'm beginning to think that battery usage does depend on which carrier you have. I was able to get more than an hour of usage on a wifi network before it hit 90%, but on me cellular network I barely manage six hours before I have to charge it. Thing gets hot to the touch while on 4G too.

Last edited:

itsmemuffins

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
Anyone having battery percentage issues? I'll have the phone charged, shows 100% then the second I take it off the percentage will drop to anywhere from 96%-99% or the phone has been on charge overnight but it will be showing 96% in the morning.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm beginning to think that battery usage does depend on which carrier you have. I was able to get more than an hour of usage on a wifi network before it hit 90%, but on me cellular network I barely manage six hours before I have to charge it. Thing gets hot to the touch while on 4G too.

It definitely depends on the carrier but it also depends on your coverage area. I'm on Verizon and I use LTE all day and my battery lasts longer in Albuquerque (6-7hrs usage) versus being home in Cleveland (5-6hrs usage). And as much as I use my phone, I've never had a problem with it getting hot. You may want to have that checked out.

Anyone having battery percentage issues? I'll have the phone charged, shows 100% then the second I take it off the percentage will drop to anywhere from 96%-99% or the phone has been on charge overnight but it will be showing 96% in the morning.

I haven't had any battery issues at all. I took my phone off the charger almost an hour ago & it still shows 100%

ynepu5y7.jpg

blueshapti

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I was amazed this weekend. 26 hours standby, 5 hours use, 41% battery left. It was sitting home on wifi most of weekend unless i was out shopping.

Used it less because of new iiPad Air I got Friday night. Still am impressed with phones battery life.

blueshapti

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Makes me wonder if the way I have been trying to charge it made any difference. Try to keep it between 30 to 90%.

Then again some days it ate battery fast. Really depends so much on how good a signal you have. Radios really pump out if tower signal connection is low.

I do have most of location and auto updates turned off. And only 5 hours of screen time over those two days. Set at about 25% brightness.

blueshapti

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
One other thing just occurred to me. The phone spent a lot of time sitting in one spot at home. Opposed to in pocket or holster moving around with me.

Perhaps the M7 chip prevented some updating, realizing phone was not in constant motion?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner